Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

logan Hill
Bookmark and Share
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
logan Hill
Would like to see this young man get more minutes during blow outs.
12-17-2018 09:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: logan Hill
coach k never really breaks his rotation until the final few minutes. rarely does he put in the end of the bench early in a game with a big lead. there were a few times last year when he played gordon cuz he was doing so much in practice.
12-18-2018 02:38 AM
Springboromark Offline
All American

(12-18-2018 02:38 AM)pono Wrote:  coach k never really breaks his rotation until the final few minutes. rarely does he put in the end of the bench early in a game with a big lead. there were a few times last year when he played gordon cuz he was doing so much in practice.

Just thinking, he maybe a young man who will move on, hate to see that.
12-18-2018 05:46 AM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(12-18-2018 02:38 AM)pono Wrote:  coach k never really breaks his rotation until the final few minutes. rarely does he put in the end of the bench early in a game with a big lead. there were a few times last year when he played gordon cuz he was doing so much in practice.

Gordon looks like someone who can play but I’m guessing he’s not exactly on Coach K’s Christmas card list so that would explain why he doesn’t get minutes. I realize we are deeper this year but I was at the last home game and there is no explanation why K waited until the final minute to put in Gordon. He’s gotta be transferring out by next year
12-18-2018 06:52 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
The whole team was at Frickers for the coaches show last night, but no TK... Gordon and Hill both seem like resl nice kids, and Edu was a pleasure to talk with especially since I have a daughter over in the UK, and AJ indicated that he has been through the West Sussex area frequently...
Do not know about K’s absence. Maybe he is polishing off his resume, if and when some big time programs come courting. In the possibility of the team ending up with 25+ wins, he more than likely will move on. With three of the top players graduating this year, it only makes sense...
12-18-2018 07:55 AM
Advertisement

Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Unless we beat Buffalo and get to the NCAA, Coach K is going nowhere. I agree that Gordon and Hill deserve more minutes than they are getting. It just seems that Coach K wants to use a 9 man rotation and that is his maximum. He is redshirting two freshmen and one of them is an excellent shooter. Obviously he knew they would not be in the 9 man rotation, so he did the right thing. Since we signed 4 and only 3 guys graduate, at least one guy has to leave the team after this season. The obvious candidates are Gordon or Hill. Too bad, they both can contribute if given the chance.
12-18-2018 08:23 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(12-18-2018 08:23 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Unless we beat Buffalo and get to the NCAA, Coach K is going nowhere. I agree that Gordon and Hill deserve more minutes than they are getting. It just seems that Coach K wants to use a 9 man rotation and that is his maximum. He is redshirting two freshmen and one of them is an excellent shooter. Obviously he knew they would not be in the 9 man rotation, so he did the right thing. Since we signed 4 and only 3 guys graduate, at least one guy has to leave the team after this season. The obvious candidates are Gordon or Hill. Too bad, they both can contribute if given the chance.

If the Rockets do not win the MAC and are maybe NIT bound and they string off a couple of wins enroute to a 27-8 type season, you don’t think TK would leave IF a Pitt or a Marquette type program offered him employment ??
WELL OK THEN !!
12-18-2018 09:05 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(12-18-2018 09:05 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  
(12-18-2018 08:23 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Unless we beat Buffalo and get to the NCAA, Coach K is going nowhere. I agree that Gordon and Hill deserve more minutes than they are getting. It just seems that Coach K wants to use a 9 man rotation and that is his maximum. He is redshirting two freshmen and one of them is an excellent shooter. Obviously he knew they would not be in the 9 man rotation, so he did the right thing. Since we signed 4 and only 3 guys graduate, at least one guy has to leave the team after this season. The obvious candidates are Gordon or Hill. Too bad, they both can contribute if given the chance.

If the Rockets do not win the MAC and are maybe NIT bound and they string off a couple of wins enroute to a 27-8 type season, you don’t think TK would leave IF a Pitt or a Marquette type program offered him employment ??
WELL OK THEN !!

He’d leave in a heartbeat, but they won’t come calling. When he was a young coach who turned around a moribund program, won 27 after winning just a handful two years prior and had demonstrated some recruiting ability they didn’t come calling. Without a NCAA trip on his resume’ he’s staying right here.
12-18-2018 09:32 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
We are still offering players for next season, and to get another player, two players have to be gone.

K has been a DI head coach for 17 years and has been to the NIT once. No way a top school would look at a MAC coach who would have one NCAA trip in all those years. In fact, most mid-major schools would have fired him with that record. Not saying we should, just being realistic.
12-18-2018 10:08 AM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

(12-18-2018 07:55 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  The whole team was at Frickers for the coaches show last night, but no TK... Gordon and Hill both seem like resl nice kids, and Edu was a pleasure to talk with especially since I have a daughter over in the UK, and AJ indicated that he has been through the West Sussex area frequently...
Do not know about K’s absence. Maybe he is polishing off his resume, if and when some big time programs come courting. In the possibility of the team ending up with 25+ wins, he more than likely will move on. With three of the top players graduating this year, it only makes sense...

Not moving on in my opinion until he makes noise in the NCAA tourney
12-18-2018 11:24 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(12-18-2018 09:32 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(12-18-2018 09:05 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  

WELL OK THEN !!

He’d leave in a heartbeat, but they won’t come calling. When he was a young coach who turned around a moribund program, won 27 after winning just a handful two years prior and had demonstrated some recruiting ability they didn’t come calling. Without a NCAA trip on his resume’ he’s staying right here.

I concur, and will even add the caveat that he coaches a win in an NCAA tournament game. Right now, the mid-major coaches who people are talking about are Oates at Buffalo & the guy at Furman. Add in some well-placed assistant coaches at "power" schools, and TK's name would have to be a bit further down any list.
12-18-2018 11:56 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO

Or he wasn't there because he was out recruiting. I've read plenty of stuff over the years talking about how, in all sports, coaches miss practices and stuff like that due to recruiting.
12-18-2018 12:45 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
If Coach K proved we were a snub for the NCAA tourney, and made a deep NIT run he could get an offer from a low BIG East, BIG10...a school not used to basketball success anyways, where 20 wins is acceptable? That's about the only scenario without making the Dance someone would call him.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018 03:12 PM by UofToledoFans.)
12-18-2018 03:12 PM
Advertisement

RocketBBallFan Offline
1st String

(12-18-2018 12:45 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

Or he wasn't there because he was out recruiting. I've read plenty of stuff over the years talking about how, in all sports, coaches miss practices and stuff like that due to recruiting.

Coach K has missed the coach's show in the past because he was out recruiting, so I assume that is where he was last night. Usually, they have one of the assistant coaches fill in, but it was a very cool idea to have all of the players there instead.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018 03:55 PM by RocketBBallFan.)
12-18-2018 03:54 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

there's not much proof hill or gordon would contribute if given a chance; gordon had a couple good rotations off the bench mid year last season. maybe 8 or 10 good minutes of floor time. that's it. he also had a couple rotations where he wasn't that good. i mean, i like him. seems like a good kid and has a rep as a good practice player. i think he would be a stud at the D2 or D3 level where he could match up hight wise at forward and use his skill and strength to gain an advantage. has already used a rs so a D1 transfer would likely cost him another year of eligibility unless he got a waiver. Hill seems like a possible transfer. he's a solid 6-6 guy who is pretty athletic, but isn't gonna become anything more than a rugged undersized power forward role player. perhaps, a good one of those but do you save his roster spot in hopes he can grab some boards here and there off the bench in a year or two?

as for coach k leaving. i think he's pretty comfortable at UT. This was kind of his destination job. To be at a strong mid major that has a strong overall athletic program and fan base. He's a Wisconsin guy so if Marquette or Wisconsin offered, maybe. However, I don't see a lot of high major programs courting him if we keep it up and win 2 games or so. He might have an A10, MWC, AAC rebuilding type job interview if he was thirsty for it, but I don't see him leaving his Toledo foundation for a remodel at a school with a comparable athletic program and budget.
12-19-2018 12:43 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
logan Hill
It really feels like coach K is building a program with this bunch and the rumored/verbaled recruits. Transfers have helped turn us around, now most of our guys are his recruits. Of course, we seem to really put it together and Buffalo is just steamrolling teams. They just rolled traditional powerhouse Syracuse tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
12-19-2018 01:10 AM
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I would think if Logan Hill and/or James Gordon could help in the regular rotation, Coach K would not hesitate to put them in. Most teams do not go more than 8 or 9 deep with a regular rotation and Toledo has a good thing going right now at 10-1 with their 5 Starters and Darrington, Edu, Littleson and Alderson coming off the bench. While Gordon has done some good things while playing limited minutes last season and so far this season, it has mostly been against non rotation players from other teams, so its really hard to judge his true abilities.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 01:51 PM by Basketball Jones.)
12-19-2018 01:50 PM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
I like the rotation. The 4 guys off the bench are all getting decent minutes, and this is a far cry from some of the earlier seasons when we really only went about 7 deep, with another guy getting a couple minutes a game. I'd like to see just a bit more point production from the bench (20 ppg would be nice), but it seems like all 4 are contributing in certain ways when on the floor.
12-19-2018 01:57 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
logan Hill
Seems like there is always one bench guy who steps up and has 8-14 pts. They all contribute, but on any given night Littleson, Edu or Darrington can help with scoring. I just like that there doesn't seem to be any drop off talent wise and coach K can go deeper than he normally does.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
12-19-2018 04:34 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
I saw Logan in high school playoffs his senior year. Explosive, energetic player around the rim. His dunks would bring the house down. I hope he can find a way to earn minutes and stay on the roster the next 3 years. He may not develop into a high scorer but I think he’ll give us a fan’s some highlights over his career
12-19-2018 05:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.