Collins cleans house, no staff to be retained
12-17-2018 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GTFletch Offline
All American

I Root For: Georgia Tech
RE: Collins cleans house, no staff to be retained
I'd say all four guys from the defensive staff are 100 percent certain to join Collins at Georgia Tech -- Thacker (Georgia native), Burton (Georgia native), Knight (Georgia native), and Panagos (previous history with Collins).

Not so sure how many guys he'll bring with him from the offensive staff. If he wants to keep Patenaude as his offensive coordinator, then I think he'll also bring Lucas with him. Lucas and Patenaude worked together at Georgetown. Hixon will almost certainly make the move, too. My gut feeling is all three of them will join Collins at GT.

Foley, DiMichele and Wiesehan (in that order) are the most likely to stay at Temple. All three transitioned from Rhule to Collins.
12-18-2018 09:15 PM
GTFletch Offline
All American

Tashard Choice is leaving the Mean Green’s staff to take over in the same capacity at Georgia Tech. Choice played for Georgia Tech from 2005-07. He was a first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection as a senior and a second-team pick as a junior. Choice went on to play six seasons in the NFL, mostly with the Dallas Cowboys.

“I’m truly blessed to have the opportunity to come back home to Georgia Tech,” Choice said in a statement. “I will always be thankful for my time at North Texas, but I can’t wait to serve my players, coaches and the community that instilled in me the honor of being a part of the white and gold.”
Link
https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/unt-runn...JD1oRHd4-8
12-23-2018 01:05 PM
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(12-23-2018 01:05 PM)GTFletch Wrote:  Tashard Choice is leaving the Mean Green’s staff to take over in the same capacity at Georgia Tech. Choice played for Georgia Tech from 2005-07. He was a first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection as a senior and a second-team pick as a junior. Choice went on to play six seasons in the NFL, mostly with the Dallas Cowboys.

“I’m truly blessed to have the opportunity to come back home to Georgia Tech,” Choice said in a statement. “I will always be thankful for my time at North Texas, but I can’t wait to serve my players, coaches and the community that instilled in me the honor of being a part of the white and gold.”
Link
https://www.dentonrc.com/sports/unt-runn...JD1oRHd4-8

Sounds like a good hire.
12-24-2018 04:47 AM
GTFletch Offline
All American

Kerry Dixon is expected to join Geoff Collins’ staff likely to coach receivers we hear. Prior to joining the Toledo staff for this season, Dixon spent three seasons as receivers coach at Florida.

Link
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florid...hrIMykWs4g

AJC Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/geoff...CKGjOlB5M/
12-24-2018 12:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.