UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dudley : Q&A with Bill Clark on rebuilding the program, winning awards and more
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Dudley : Q&A with Bill Clark on rebuilding the program, winning awards and more
12-16-2018 09:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

RE: Dudley : Q&A with Bill Clark on rebuilding the program, winning awards and more
Great article. I know I'm biased but it really sounds like Bill intemds to be here for awhile.

Where do things stand with the additional facility improvements he wants like the grass practice field, nutrition center, and splrts medicine facility? I assume the nutrition center and sports medicine facility would be for all athletics.
12-16-2018 12:15 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

RE: Dudley : Q&A with Bill Clark on rebuilding the program, winning awards and more
I believe it would be. Obviously that will taken coordination with other departments at UAB for it to happen.

Let's hope that Ingram and crew don't stand in the way of things.
12-16-2018 12:19 PM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
1.6 millions for 5 years , a secure job and he not dealing with giant boosters to do stuff he and his wife doesn't want to do ,,,on the field and outside the fields ,,,just that ....it worth another a million a year

The goal is to be the new UCF ,and went it is happen t, the fake playoff system will open to one outside team
and ....the B-12 will be calling and we can paid him how much we want :)
I dont give a s..t about the FAKE P6 conference
I want the B-12 and it will happen
12-16-2018 12:48 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

UCF wasn't the goal, Boise State was the goal.

UCF is living in fantasy land right now thinking that some magic wand is going to get them in future playoffs.

They should be fighting the same fight that the Troys & UABs of the world are fighting.
12-16-2018 12:53 PM
Ranger1386c Offline
Special Teams

(12-16-2018 12:53 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  UCF wasn't the goal, Boise State was the goal.

UCF is living in fantasy land right now thinking that some magic wand is going to get them in future playoffs.

They should be fighting the same fight that the Troys & UABs of the world are fighting.

And what is the difference between UAB and Troy and UCF, other than conference affiliations and wins and losses?

Im constantly rooting for any non power 5 team to succeed and to further expose the lie of inherent power 5 superiority. UCFs season last year further exposed the blatant hypocrisy and the pending legal risks associated with how winners are selected by ncaa football, and the hundreds of millions monopolized by the P5, while handing out leftover scraps to passify the gutless G5 comissioners.

The lovely logic of you cant be taken seriously for the playoff or even a major Bowl unless you play a P5 schedule falsely deadends opportunity for the G5. Particularly when P5 strictly limits scheduling the G5 and then also forces all such games to be only road games.

Its not just the regular season scheduling or the playoffs. Notice how carefully the bowls avoid combining p5 teams with G5, Fresno St being one of the few exceptions. Loved that outcome, by the way. G5 was clearly the superior team. MWC looking good this year.

The FBI further lifted the lid on the rotting corpses in the ncaa dumpster with the basketball investigation and arrests.

The ncaa now has zero credibility and are clearly nothing but lackeys to the power 5 bosses, who dangle the threat of separating and creating their own division, to keep both the ncaa and the G5 in check.

UCFs last two seasons have helped a much larger segment of the public accept that the ncaa is both impotent and corrupt. The UCF team and administration said FUverymuch to the ncaa and its power 5 bosses, and celebrated like an undefeated champion. Kudos to them and keep beating the drum louder until the current system cracks and some non P5 conference comissioner finally has the balls and brains to bring the right lawsuits to challenge the blatant racketeering that is now the ncaa.
12-16-2018 01:35 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

While UCF's success has exposed that, there will not be any change without the G5 conferences taking action as a whole.

I don't believe the P5 schools would be willing to only play P5 schools due to the reduced number of home games they would get.

On the other hand, would the G5 schools be scared of the prospect of not getting the P5 dollars for money games?

UCF, Boise, (or any team) shouldn't have to go undefeated for 3 seasons just to get a potential spot at the table.
12-17-2018 01:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.