Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sutton Smith snubbed
Bookmark and Share
Beach Boy Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Sutton Smith snubbed
NIU's Sutton Smith was named to the first team of ESPN's All-American squad. This morning, ESPN released its top 50 college football players, and Smith wasn't on the list. Why not both? Disappointing.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...018-season
12-14-2018 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
RE: Sutton Smith snubbed
Without opening the link my guess of the 50 there are maybe 4 players from the G5 if he is not on the list.
12-14-2018 09:51 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Yea considering there were 4 DEs on the list, that is totally inconsistent. He would have to have been 3rd team AA at best.
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2018 09:56 AM by NIU007.)
12-14-2018 09:56 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(12-14-2018 09:51 AM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  Without opening the link my guess of the 50 there are maybe 4 players from the G5 if he is not on the list.

Good point - so I counted. There are 3 G5 players.
12-14-2018 09:58 AM
MileHighHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
One more year, one more year! I do think it would be benefical for him to stay.....
12-14-2018 10:22 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(12-14-2018 09:30 AM)Beach Boy Wrote:  NIU's Sutton Smith was named to the first team of ESPN's All-American squad. This morning, ESPN released its top 50 college football players, and Smith wasn't on the list. Why not both? Disappointing.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/sto...018-season

ESPN probably just copied everyone else's list. They didn't know who Sutton was.
12-14-2018 07:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIUpride Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Huskies
In this year's NFL Mock drafts 7 DL / Edge rushers are projected within the top 15 picks.
This is the draft of the Defensive line talent and there is stiff competition for All American honors.
We all know that Sutton is not a projected 1st rounder, nor would we expect him to be.
That he was honored as consensus All American last year and just one vote away this year is a credit to the fairness of the All American voting process.
I must admit as a fan I would have loved to have a two time consensus All American from NIU but nonetheless Sutton remains the most highly decorated football player in NIU's history!
12-15-2018 01:20 AM
NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
Does he not still have a chance at Consensus All American. Unless I missed it Sporting News hasn't reported their All-Americans yet.
12-15-2018 10:29 AM
pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
(12-15-2018 10:29 AM)NIUSAE Wrote:  Does he not still have a chance at Consensus All American. Unless I missed it Sporting News hasn't reported their All-Americans yet.

Not on first or second team.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-15-2018 10:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.