Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Don't cross the FBI, Above the law
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Don't cross the FBI, Above the law
You better not lie to the FBI or you're going down. Well, unless you're a Dem, but that's another story.

You better not lie to the FBI. That's a crime.

But if you're the FBI, you're above the law.

FBI misses deadline to provide docs to Judiciary Committee probing whistleblower raid
12-14-2018 01:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Don't cross the FBI, Above the law
Well, apparently the FBI and DOJ have just thrown a middle finger up to separation of powers, accountability, and rule of law for the umpteenth time in the last two years. At this point what needs to be done to re-establish these basics principles of our country?
12-15-2018 12:37 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-15-2018 12:37 AM)banker Wrote:  Well, apparently the FBI and DOJ have just thrown a middle finger up to separation of powers, accountability, and rule of law for the umpteenth time in the last two years. At this point what needs to be done to re-establish these basics principles of our country?

That's what happens when the police become political partisans. Theoretically, Congress could cut their budget to nothing, freeze their pay, and make them subject. But when the Democrats control the House, and the weasel Republicans hide behind them, that isn't likely to happen.
12-15-2018 12:42 AM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I would fire everyone in the top three levels of each organization and promote from the field offices. It would be a cluster for about 6 months, but the lifer, partisan, hacks would be gone.
12-15-2018 12:46 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-15-2018 12:46 AM)banker Wrote:  I would fire everyone in the top three levels of each organization and promote from the field offices. It would be a cluster for about 6 months, but the lifer, partisan, hacks would be gone.

Agree, but that would be by executive order and then would become obstruction. Cut their budget to nothing and freeze their pay and they'll sing a different tune.
12-15-2018 12:49 AM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

Appoint a special counsel to investigate obstruction by the FBI and DOJ.

I really wish Trey Gowdy would be the AG.
12-15-2018 01:02 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-15-2018 01:02 AM)banker Wrote:  Appoint a special counsel to investigate obstruction by the FBI and DOJ.

I really wish Trey Gowdy would be the AG.

Just appoint him the special counsel.
12-15-2018 09:24 AM
Advertisement

Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Just find them in contempt and put them in jail.
12-15-2018 11:39 AM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-15-2018 11:39 AM)Claw Wrote:  Just find them in contempt and put them in jail.

Except the DOJ then refuses to prosecute the case.

This is no different than the reoccurring stories from eastern KY. One brother is the sheriff and the other is the county judge. The sheriff brother runs a drug ring and the judge brother covers. They work for years until the Feds finally come in and break it up. I just don't know who you call in when the Feds are the brothers if congress won't do something.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2018 12:39 PM by banker.)
12-15-2018 12:37 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(12-15-2018 12:37 AM)banker Wrote:  Well, apparently the FBI and DOJ have just thrown a middle finger up to separation of powers, accountability, and rule of law for the umpteenth time in the last two years. At this point what needs to be done to re-establish these basics principles of our country?

Every agency has a leader and until that leader is held accountable for his agency nothing will be done. What good are they if they can't manage their people?
12-15-2018 04:10 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(12-15-2018 04:10 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

Every agency has a leader and until that leader is held accountable for his agency nothing will be done. What good are they if they can't manage their people?

Let's just say what good is a law enforcement agency that doesn't obey the law!

This is where an intelligence gathering law enforcement agency becomes the Gestapo.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2018 05:45 PM by JRsec.)
12-15-2018 05:44 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/42...-fbi-power

Good discussion of how Comey thought his abuse of power was ok.

Its a broken agency.
12-16-2018 08:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.