Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

750 Million people would like to move to another country
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
And the USA dominates as the most desired country to move to.

More Than 750 Million Worldwide Would Migrate If They Could
Countries Where at Least Half of Adults Would Like to Move
Desire to migrate
%
Sierra Leone 71
Liberia 66
Haiti 63
Albania 60
El Salvador 52
Congo (Kinshasa) 50
Ghana 49
Dominican Republic 49
Nigeria 48
Armenia 47
Honduras 47
Syria 46
Kosovo 46

To which country would you like to move?
2010-2012 2015-2017 Estimated number of adults
%
%
(in millions)
United States 22 21 158
Canada 6 6 47
Germany 4 6 42
France 5 5 36
Australia 4 5 36
United Kingdom 7 4 34
Saudi Arabia 5 3 24
Spain 4 3 21
Japan 2 2 17
Italy 3 2 15
Switzerland 2 2 14
United Arab Emirates 2 2 12
Singapore 1 1 11
Sweden 1 1 9
China 1 1 9
New Zealand 1 1 9
Russia 1 1 8
Netherlands 1 1 7
South Africa 1 1 7
Brazil 1 1 6
South Korea 1 1 6
Turkey * 1 6
*Less than 0.5%

https://news.gallup.com/poll/245255/750-...yndication
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018 03:58 PM by SuperFlyBCat.)
12-10-2018 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: 750 Million people would like to move to another country
And the Libs still say there's nothing great about our country. It just seems that once you've lived here for a while the novelty wears off but for those that truly love their country that novelty will never wear off and I'm speaking about me. I love this country and it scares me to think what would happen if we voted the Progressives into the WH. Brrr, I got a cold chill just thinking of that.
12-10-2018 08:57 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Yet ironically liberals are much more pro-immigration than conservatives. So I guess what you're saying Ollie is I love this country and it's awesome all those people from other countries want to move here but let's not actually let them do that.
12-10-2018 09:55 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(12-10-2018 09:55 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Yet ironically liberals are much more pro-immigration than conservatives. So I guess what you're saying Ollie is I love this country and it's awesome all those people from other countries want to move here but let's not actually let them do that.

But conservatives want to conserve why the immigrants want to move here, upward mobility, and the progressives want the votes.
12-10-2018 10:02 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(12-10-2018 09:55 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  Yet ironically liberals are much more pro-immigration than conservatives. So I guess what you're saying Ollie is I love this country and it's awesome all those people from other countries want to move here but let's not actually let them do that.

You're conflating legal immigration and illegal immigration, along with immigrant and migrant or "asylum seeker". I'm all for allowing as many computer scientists and doctors in as possible.

Explain how if the people on the border from Honduras have a valid claim for asylum, how the entire country of Honduras doesn't, as well. Same logic with any other country that just so happens to be poorer than the United States. Where do you draw the line? Because there's a tipping point where we are no longer the country that everyone wants to come to, and instead become the same shitehole they all escaped.

Alt-left, pathological altruism is one of, if not the greatest threat to the United States.

The sick thing is that we're already seeing how mass "immigration" (migration) worked out for the EU (particularly France, Germany, and the UK), yet alt-leftists want to go down the same path, just so that they can throw it in our faces that they're "better" people than we are.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018 11:03 PM by Kronke.)
12-10-2018 10:48 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

No.

Sure.

Many lovely people have done just that. Several former roommates, neighbors from Morocco,,Italy etc.

Fill out the F#%*ing papers and wait in line like everyone else in the civilized world.

Just decide to throw a brick and jump our fence? I’d shoot em my own backyard. And it’d be legal.

Do I want to see that? Ever? Of course not.
Thus, restore some sanity here people. Sanity. Maybe, perhaps, just asking, a process? Papers?

SOMETHING?!?
12-11-2018 12:34 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

Actually, you ave it wrong. Conservatives favor legal immigration. The left favors illegal immigration.

Of course, you will say, "No, the left does not favor illegal immigration." But the left opposes every effort to stop it. So obviously the left must favor it.
12-11-2018 01:47 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Just a point of irritation.
And I know we all, here, know this.

But there is either “immigration” I.e. legals coming here legally, or illegal aliens invading our borders.

Far as I read, not much in between. All this horse crap about “undocumented workers” or whatever is more Orwellian doublespeak.
If you ain’t here on a visa, passport or some card.

You’re an “ILLEGAL ALIEN”.

Now, gtfo, you’re actively hurting my fellow countrymen/citizens.

Thx. Dunk
12-11-2018 05:50 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(12-10-2018 10:48 PM)Kronke Wrote:  

You're conflating legal immigration and illegal immigration, along with immigrant and migrant or "asylum seeker". I'm all for allowing as many computer scientists and doctors in as possible.

Explain how if the people on the border from Honduras have a valid claim for asylum, how the entire country of Honduras doesn't, as well. Same logic with any other country that just so happens to be poorer than the United States. Where do you draw the line? Because there's a tipping point where we are no longer the country that everyone wants to come to, and instead become the same shitehole they all escaped.

Alt-left, pathological altruism is one of, if not the greatest threat to the United States.

The sick thing is that we're already seeing how mass "immigration" (migration) worked out for the EU (particularly France, Germany, and the UK), yet alt-leftists want to go down the same path, just so that they can throw it in our faces that they're "better" people than we are.
I don't want much of any immigration right now. Some exceptions where they are truly needed to fill gaps and mail order brides, but that is about it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
12-11-2018 06:54 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte

IMO, no, it's "I love this country and it's awesome all those people from other countries want to move here but let's just do it LEGALLY.
12-11-2018 08:48 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I posted this survey, which was published yesterday, mainly because it shows how wrong the leftists are relative to claiming that the USA is some terrible racist bigoted country. In fact it is one of the least racist bigoted countries. The USA has more immigrants than any other country, by far.
12-11-2018 09:35 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Quote:Sierra Leone 71
Liberia 66
Haiti 63
Albania 60
El Salvador 52
Congo (Kinshasa) 50
Ghana 49
Dominican Republic 49
Nigeria 48
Armenia 47
Honduras 47
Syria 46
Kosovo 46

If only there was a way to succinctly describe these countries. It would have to be short, maybe one word?
12-11-2018 03:36 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(12-11-2018 03:36 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
Quote:Sierra Leone 71
Liberia 66
Haiti 63
Albania 60
El Salvador 52
Congo (Kinshasa) 50
Ghana 49
Dominican Republic 49
Nigeria 48
Armenia 47
Honduras 47
Syria 46
Kosovo 46

If only there was a way to succinctly describe these countries. It would have to be short, maybe one word?

DR has potential. If they paid the police a much higher salary it would be a good start.
12-11-2018 03:48 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-10-2018 08:57 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  And the Libs still say there's nothing great about our country. It just seems that once you've lived here for a while the novelty wears off but for those that truly love their country that novelty will never wear off and I'm speaking about me. I love this country and it scares me to think what would happen if we voted the Progressives into the WH. Brrr, I got a cold chill just thinking of that.

Wouldn't it be great if the people in the United States that didn't love it and didn't believe it was a great place to live would just leave? That would make some room for deserving people who dreamed about living here. So you might say that the progressives who hate America but claim to love immigrants would do the immigrants a favor by leaving to make room for them!
12-11-2018 03:56 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(12-11-2018 03:56 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(12-10-2018 08:57 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  And the Libs still say there's nothing great about our country. It just seems that once you've lived here for a while the novelty wears off but for those that truly love their country that novelty will never wear off and I'm speaking about me. I love this country and it scares me to think what would happen if we voted the Progressives into the WH. Brrr, I got a cold chill just thinking of that.

Wouldn't it be great if the people in the United States that didn't love it and didn't believe it was a great place to live would just leave? That would make some room for deserving people who dreamed about living here. So you might say that the progressives who hate America but claim to love immigrants would do the immigrants a favor by leaving to make room for them!
That would be ideal.
12-11-2018 04:01 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
I want to know who surveyed 3/4 of a billion people. Actually the number of people that would rather live in America is probably well over 3billion. There are a few billion that would never answer that question if asked because they may end up missing.
12-11-2018 05:25 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(12-11-2018 05:25 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  I want to know who surveyed 3/4 of a billion people. Actually the number of people that would rather live in America is probably well over 3billion. There are a few billion that would never answer that question if asked because they may end up missing.

The methodology is in the link somewhere. Some countries it might be more difficult to get data. But yeah you are right about that 3 billion #.
12-11-2018 06:03 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I've always thought to myself; Saudi Arabia--the land of dreams.

/s
12-11-2018 10:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.