Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WSJ-Mueller-finish it already!
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://outline.com/Hvm2aq

"...All of this argues for Mr. Mueller to wrap up his probe and let America get on with the political debate over its meaning for Mr. Trump’s Presidency. Mr. Mueller has been investigating for 19 months, and the FBI’s counterintelligence probe into the Trump campaign began in July 2016, if not earlier. The country deserves an account of what Mr. Mueller knows, not more factual dribs and drabs in sentencing memos."
12-10-2018 08:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: WSJ-Mueller-finish it already!
I can't wait to see the final price tag for this F-ing charade........
12-10-2018 01:56 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
This is the week we’re supposed to have something right? 12/12...
12-10-2018 02:01 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Key figures involved in this probe have already gone to and been released from prison, and are doing book tours. LOL, it's over. Manafort was the big fish, and his crimes go back decades and have zero to do with Trump or Russia. Perhaps podesta goes down as well, we'll have to wait and see.

You were sold Russian collusion, and all you got was a possible campaign finance violation, and experts (Harvard lawyers and former FEC chairs) say it's a VERY weak case.

SAD!
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018 02:14 PM by Kronke.)
12-10-2018 02:09 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

If Trump would have used Congress' slush fund paid with tax payer $$$$ he would be fine.
Congressional slush fund for sexual harassment.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018 02:38 PM by Eagleaidaholic.)
12-10-2018 02:37 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(12-10-2018 02:37 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  If Trump would have used Congress' slush fund paid with tax payer $$$$ he would be fine.
Congressional slush fund for sexual harassment.

That's a whooooooole nother mess. I really, really REALLY want them to make that list public.

Not for the (overused word alert) salacious info possibly disclosed, but to point out the rank hypocrisy of all these sudden modern day Victorian prudes and their SHOCK that "My dear friend" over there may have pinched some broads butt back in 1978.

Hell, the Drumpf didn't even do that! This/these were admittedly consensual relations between adults, on their own time, on their own dime. So, he floated them some shut up and get lost money, big deal. All we're doing now is haggling over price, we already know what they are.

If this were a $20.00 BJ from the local meth head in the back seat of Trumps VW bus, what the hells the difference? Cost?
12-10-2018 03:20 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Isn't that the line? You don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay them to leave?
12-10-2018 03:39 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-10-2018 03:39 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  Isn't that the line? You don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay them to leave?
You could easily argue it was blackmail payments. Still no evidence the affairs ever happened. Just so happened he states he is running for President and boom, they come out of the woodwork.
12-10-2018 04:33 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(12-10-2018 04:33 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  
(12-10-2018 03:39 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  Isn't that the line? You don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay them to leave?
You could easily argue it was blackmail payments. Still no evidence the affairs ever happened. Just so happened he states he is running for President and boom, they come out of the woodwork.

And rich people deal with accusers of one thing or another all the time as it is.

Difference now is that these days we have to believe anyone that comes forward, no matter if there's no corroboration or the alleged accuser is some moonbat from Cali.

Funny thing here is, the very presence of "love 'em and leave 'em" with this thrice married billionaire playboy seemingly works to his benefit.

Odd world we live in today. 07-coffee3
12-10-2018 04:57 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
The thing is, they DIDN'T shut up. So there was no benefit to his campaign. Thus, there can't be any campaign finance violation.
12-10-2018 05:21 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Ken Starr labored on for over 4 years. Mueller is moving quicker than he did.
12-10-2018 06:13 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(12-10-2018 06:13 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Ken Starr labored on for over 4 years. Mueller is moving quicker than he did.

And the left complained about it dragging on for at least the last three of those four years. And by this time in Watergate, Nixon had been resigned for four months. So the one that moved a lot quicker brought fruit, and the one that dragged on forever brought very little. Interesting.

I think we need some constraints on the special counsel process. Right now we just turn them loose to go wherever they want, take as long as they want, and spend however much they want. Give them a more clearly defined mandate. If this was supposed to be about collusion with Russia, then you investigate that. I'd say put in come kind of process controls. Maybe once a year situation report to say the combined house and senate justice committees, presumably in closed session, and request funding for the following year. Then every quarter give a shorter situation update and any supplemental funding requests. If it becomes clear that they are straying from their commission, redirect them and cut funding until they do straighten out. If it becomes clear that he doesn't have anything, you shut it down. I personally think it is absurd for things to have gone this long with so little to show for it.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018 07:37 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
12-10-2018 07:34 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(12-10-2018 07:34 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(12-10-2018 06:13 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Ken Starr labored on for over 4 years. Mueller is moving quicker than he did.

And the left complained about it dragging on for at least the last three of those four years. And by this time in Watergate, Nixon had been resigned for four months. So the one that moved a lot quicker brought fruit, and the one that dragged on forever brought very little. Interesting.

I think we need some constraints on the special counsel process. Right now we just turn them loose to go wherever they want, take as long as they want, and spend however much they want. Give them a more clearly defined mandate. If this was supposed to be about collusion with Russia, then you investigate that. I'd say put in come kind of process controls. Maybe once a year situation report to say the combined house and senate justice committees, presumably in closed session, and request funding for the following year. Then every quarter give a shorter situation update and any supplemental funding requests. If it becomes clear that they are straying from their commission, redirect them and cut funding until they do straighten out. If it becomes clear that he doesn't have anything, you shut it down. I personally think it is absurd for things to have gone this long with so little to show for it.

I've been thinking this for the past two years. The idea was that Mula was going to look for collusion and now he's looking to incarcerate anyone he doesn't like. If us posters were in politics we'd be in trouble...for something.

That's not the way a Special Counsel is supposed to operate and I can't for the life of me understand why no one has come out and told Mula to put up or pound sand.
12-10-2018 08:42 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-10-2018 08:42 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(12-10-2018 07:34 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

I've been thinking this for the past two years. The idea was that Mula was going to look for collusion and now he's looking to incarcerate anyone he doesn't like. If us posters were in politics we'd be in trouble...for something.

That's not the way a Special Counsel is supposed to operate and I can't for the life of me understand why no one has come out and told Mula to put up or pound sand.

Maybe the new AG will. He's not connected to Trump in any way.

They did away with the truly independent special counsel after the Ken Starr situation. They need to do away with it totally. Congress can investigate things. There's no need for someone with unlimited funds to go on a fishing expedition.
12-10-2018 08:52 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-10-2018 08:55 AM)bullet Wrote:  https://outline.com/Hvm2aq

"...All of this argues for Mr. Mueller to wrap up his probe and let America get on with the political debate over its meaning for Mr. Trump’s Presidency. Mr. Mueller has been investigating for 19 months, and the FBI’s counterintelligence probe into the Trump campaign began in July 2016, if not earlier. The country deserves an account of what Mr. Mueller knows, not more factual dribs and drabs in sentencing memos."

Most jerks are lucky to have their 15 minutes of fame. There's no good reason on God's green earth that this schmuck should have had more than a year!
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2018 09:16 PM by JRsec.)
12-10-2018 09:16 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(12-10-2018 08:52 PM)bullet Wrote:  Maybe the new AG will. He's not connected to Trump in any way.
They did away with the truly independent special counsel after the Ken Starr situation. They need to do away with it totally. Congress can investigate things. There's no need for someone with unlimited funds to go on a fishing expedition.

There are times when you need someone with enforcement powers. Congressional "investigations" are more dog and pony shows for political posturing than true fact-finding investigations. But the someone does not need to be a law unto himself. There need to be controls. Keep the investigation on track, keep it within scope, keep it on budget, and shut it down when it is obviously going nowhere.
12-10-2018 09:19 PM
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
It's funny that the traitors to the nation in this thread love thorough investigations to nowhere, but want Mueller to wrap this up quickly even though he's just getting started locking Russian Republicans up.
12-10-2018 10:13 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(12-10-2018 10:13 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  It's funny that the traitors to the nation in this thread love thorough investigations to nowhere, but want Mueller to wrap this up quickly even though he's just getting started locking Russian Republicans up.

Name one that has been locked up and the charges were tied to the 2016 election. I’ll be expecting a link to a decent source.
12-10-2018 11:25 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
(12-10-2018 10:13 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  It's funny that the traitors to the nation in this thread love thorough investigations to nowhere, but want Mueller to wrap this up quickly even though he's just getting started locking Russian Republicans up.

[Image: image_zpsdbfztzgq.jpeg]
12-10-2018 11:30 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

Bravo, and?

The most transparent POTUS since parchment is wiiiiiiide open. Leaves it all on the table.

Problem is, the table is large, the leave is next to nothing.

If you remember ken Starr, you remember the law firm records just “appearing” on their table?

Hunh. What of that? Travel office? These are/were just the jv tricks they were doing early on,

But, alas. Grifters be grifters. Smugly kid even chased one down to marry her.

I’ll give em credit though! Game well played. Pros no doubt
12-11-2018 12:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.