Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why Scott Satterfield is a big deal for Louisville.
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Exclamation Why Scott Satterfield is a big deal for Louisville.
04-rock Scott Satterfield is a North Carolina native and is aware of the ACC culture. First and foremost he wanted the Louisville head coaching job. He has been successful recruiting in Georgia and Florida. He has name recognition in the ACC footprint. Satterfield and Louisville now have name recognition in:

Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Massachusett
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia

Folks this is a lot of TV sets in the ACC TV market. This hire will help Louisville to become even more aware of the East Coast and ACC culture Yes, I am Kentucky born and breed, and proud of it. I am a Louisville and Kentucky grad. But I grew up an ACC fan as a kid. I was raised a Navy brat. I lived in Newport News, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach. Also, I lived Charleston, South Carolina, Memphis Tennessee area and Honolulu Hawaii. I graduated from Denbigh High School in Newport News Virginia. I played football in Hawaii, South Carolina and Virginia. So I was always an ACC fan. I will always consider Virginia as my second home state. The great Howard Schellenberger always want Louisville in the ACC or the Big East. I am so pleased that we are in the ACC along with Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Miami, and Notre Dame. And I really miss not having access to Flounders and my favorite food, Blue Crabs cooked in Old Bay Boil. And I miss going surfing at Virginia Beach and Nags Head.

So thanks ACC for adding us. Our future is bright as a Conference and at the University of Louisville.
04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2018 01:00 PM by Wilkie01.)
12-04-2018 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

orange_in_VA Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Why Scott Satterfield is a big deal for Louisville.
(12-04-2018 12:57 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  04-rock Scott Satterfield is a North Carolina native and is aware of the ACC culture. First and foremost he wanted the Louisville head coaching job. He has been successful recruiting in Georgia and Florida. He has name recognition in the ACC footprint. Satterfield and Louisville now have name recognition in:

Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Massachusett
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia

Folks this is a lot of TV sets in the ACC TV market. This hire will help Louisville to become even more aware of the East Coast and ACC culture Yes, I am Kentucky born and breed, and proud of it. I am a Louisville and Kentucky grad. But I grew up an ACC fan as a kid. I was raised a Navy brat. I lived in Newport News, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach. Also, I lived Charleston, South Carolina, Memphis Tennessee area and Honolulu Hawaii. I graduated from Denbigh High School in Newport News Virginia. I played football in Hawaii, South Carolina and Virginia. So I was always an ACC fan. I will always consider Virginia as my second home state. The great Howard Schellenberger always want Louisville in the ACC or the Big East. I am so pleased that we are in the ACC along with Boston College, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Miami, and Notre Dame. And I really miss not having access to Flounders and my favorite food, Blue Crabs cooked in Old Bay Boil. And I miss going surfing at Virginia Beach and Nags Head.

So thanks ACC for adding us. Our future is bright as a Conference and at the University of Louisville.
04-cheers

Congrats on a great coach hire. I think UNC is gonna be kicking themselves for the next 10+ years for letting this guy get out of the state.

I lived in Virginia Beach and Norfolk too. Only lived in Norfolk for one year while I was in college, but lived half my life in Virginia Beach. Went to Highschool at Frank W. Cox
12-04-2018 04:12 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Thank you, Louisville, for getting him out of Boone. 04-cheers

Satterfield isn't just football-smart (he was the informal OC and play caller during 3 national championships and the win over Michigan) but he's a good manager and Nick Saban-esque about smart staff hiring as well.

Georgia Tech and Georgia Southern took two of his top defensive coaches and he promotes the "third-string" defensive coach to DC and he still did a great job. On top of that App State had the best team they've may have ever had when they were supposed to be in rebuilding mode with the players they lost.

I don't think it's out of the question this is the best Power 5 hire of the season.
12-04-2018 05:03 PM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

Well, Satterfield won the press conference, that's for sure.

I'm optimistic about the future, and look forward to seeing how he installs the culture that worked so well for him at App State.
12-04-2018 07:12 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(12-04-2018 04:12 PM)orange_in_VA Wrote:  
(12-04-2018 12:57 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  04-rock Scott Satterfield is a North Carolina native and is aware of the ACC culture. First and foremost he wanted the Louisville head coaching job. He has been successful recruiting in Georgia and Florida. He has name recognition in the ACC footprint. Satterfield and Louisville now have name recognition in:

Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Massachusett
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia

04-cheers

Congrats on a great coach hire. I think UNC is gonna be kicking themselves for the next 10+ years for letting this guy get out of the state.

I lived in Virginia Beach and Norfolk too. Only lived in Norfolk for one year while I was in college, but lived half my life in Virginia Beach. Went to Highschool at Frank W. Cox

Did you surf? 07-coffee3
12-05-2018 09:53 AM
Advertisement

mj4life Offline
1st String

I Root For: unc

Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Massachusett
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia

04-cheers

Satterfield was my first choice but he couldn't fix all that's broken in Chapel Hill as quick as Mack can simply because he has the resume and trust of big money donors you need to be successful. Their are plenty of coaches who could do well in Chapel Hill once you get the football infrastructure fixed. Mike Houston is every bit as accomplished as Satterfield & has won on every level HS,DII,FCS and now has a chance to improve his resume at ECU
12-05-2018 10:15 AM
Pervis_Griffith Offline
All American

(12-05-2018 10:15 AM)mj4life Wrote:  

Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Massachusett
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia

04-cheers

Satterfield was my first choice but he couldn't fix all that's broken in Chapel Hill as quick as Mack can simply because he has the resume and trust of big money donors you need to be successful. Their are plenty of coaches who could do well in Chapel Hill once you get the football infrastructure fixed. Mike Houston is every bit as accomplished as Satterfield & has won on every level HS,DII,FCS and now has a chance to improve his resume at ECU

I have always liked Mack Brown. Even on TV. Unlike many others, I think he'll do a fine job in stint two. I'll be curious to who is staff will be, and I think there may be a situation where the next "longer term" coach is nestled there, similar to how Ohio State is doing it.
12-05-2018 01:02 PM
orange_in_VA Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Syracuse
(12-05-2018 09:53 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  

Alabama
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Massachusett
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
Virginia

04-cheers

Did you surf? 07-coffee3

I tried a couple times... lol

My brother was the surfer/skater kid.
12-05-2018 05:49 PM
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

I was one who wanted Jeff to come home, when he didn’t, Steve seemed like the best choice. I believe this is our first ACC influenced hire. He seems like a genuinely down to earth player’s coach. Something we haven’t had in our football program for a long time, if ever. I look forward to seeing the changes Coach Satterfield brings to our program.
12-05-2018 06:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.