Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New afflication-BDS
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
New afflication-BDS
Beto Derangement Syndrome is now afflicting Democrats. He's the 3rd choice for Democrats for 2020 after Biden and Sanders. Really!

https://spectator.org/calling-orourke/

"One of the more mystifying outcomes of the recent midterms, particularly as the nation reflects on the full life and multifarious accomplishments of George H.W. Bush, has been the elevation of Robert Francis O’Rourke to the top tier of potential presidential contenders. In response to a recent Morning Consult poll, registered Democrats ranked the losing Senate candidate among their top three preferences for the party’s 2020 nomination. They favored “Beto” over Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Sherrod Brown, et al. The only two potential candidates who ranked higher than the Texas congressman were septuagenarians Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders.

Part of O’Rourke’s popularity is due, of course, to the amount of sycophantic media coverage he has received pursuant to his failed bid to unseat Senator Ted Cruz. The volume and tone of this coverage should not be contemplated during or immediately after eating. Politico, for example, just published a lengthy piece comparing Beto to Abraham Lincoln. I’m not kidding. And Politico is by no means the only publication to do so. In fact, O’Rourke has himself suggested a none-too-subtle connection between his own career and that of the Great Emancipator. Three weeks ago he published a solipsistic blog post about a morning run, which took him (Surprise!) to the Lincoln Memorial:..."
12-03-2018 06:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: New afflication-BDS
(12-03-2018 06:03 PM)bullet Wrote:  Beto Derangement Syndrome is now afflicting Democrats. He's the 3rd choice for Democrats for 2020 after Biden and Sanders. Really!
"One of the more mystifying outcomes of the recent midterms, particularly as the nation reflects on the full life and multifarious accomplishments of George H.W. Bush, has been the elevation of Robert Francis O’Rourke to the top tier of potential presidential contenders. In response to a recent Morning Consult poll, registered Democrats ranked the losing Senate candidate among their top three preferences for the party’s 2020 nomination. They favored “Beto” over Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Kamala Harris, Sherrod Brown, et al. The only two potential candidates who ranked higher than the Texas congressman were septuagenarians Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders.
Part of O’Rourke’s popularity is due, of course, to the amount of sycophantic media coverage he has received pursuant to his failed bid to unseat Senator Ted Cruz. The volume and tone of this coverage should not be contemplated during or immediately after eating. Politico, for example, just published a lengthy piece comparing Beto to Abraham Lincoln. I’m not kidding. And Politico is by no means the only publication to do so. In fact, O’Rourke has himself suggested a none-too-subtle connection between his own career and that of the Great Emancipator. Three weeks ago he published a solipsistic blog post about a morning run, which took him (Surprise!) to the Lincoln Memorial:..."

Come to think of it, I favor O'Rourke over Warren, Booker, Harris, and Brown. Probably over Bernie and Biden too.
12-03-2018 08:56 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(12-03-2018 06:03 PM)bullet Wrote:  Beto Derangement Syndrome is now afflicting Democrats. He's the 3rd choice for Democrats for 2020 after Biden and Sanders. Really!

As contemptible as democrats find old white men these days it's puzzling to me why they would favor two of the oldest, whitest men in national office today.
12-03-2018 09:17 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
As of today, I'm leaning towards Beto.

If nothing else, he's a damn hard worker. He ran circles around Ted Cruz and will out hustle Trump. He will also outraise him. The GOP threw a bunch of negative ads at him and they didn't really work.

---

My first preference is Hickenlooper. But I'm not sure he's going to make it through.

---

I'm doubtful that Bernie really is going to gain much traction this time. He might be a nominal front runner for a while in a large field, but I don't think the Dems are going to nominate someone who isn't even a Democrat. Most Democrats have no patience for internal backfighting.
12-03-2018 09:24 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
New afflication-BDS
You aren't going to beat Trump with a nice guy. Honestly, Crooked Hillary is probably your best choice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
12-03-2018 09:29 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(12-03-2018 09:29 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  You aren't going to beat Trump with a nice guy. Honestly, Crooked Hillary is probably your best choice.

As an adult, he ran from a DWI accident he caused and then lies about it now. His mom is connected to money laundering. I don't think that qualifies as a "nice guy." He just has a "nice smile."
12-03-2018 09:33 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-03-2018 09:33 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(12-03-2018 09:29 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  You aren't going to beat Trump with a nice guy. Honestly, Crooked Hillary is probably your best choice.

As an adult, he ran from a DWI accident he caused and then lies about it now. His mom is connected to money laundering. I don't think that qualifies as a "nice guy." He just has a "nice smile."

All of that was put on TV, non-stop here in Texas. And people didn't buy it. Here's the opposition file on Beto. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/beto-o...ity-check/

There's a DWI accident while he was in his 20s, an accusation (but no charges) of fleeing the scene of said DWI accident, and a 15k investment that might have run afoul of insider trading laws (and he was cleared on that).

Then his dad had some drugs in his car when Beto was 10 years old. And his mother ran a store where she didn't fill out some paperwork for cash purchases and got behind on her taxes.

----

All you got is the DWI really. He owns up to it. And he's running against Trump.
12-03-2018 10:13 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
We love you Beto..oh yes we do....

[Image: article-2220889-158D6C02000005DC-839_964x643.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018 10:17 PM by No Bull.)
12-03-2018 10:15 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(12-03-2018 10:13 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  

All of that was put on TV, non-stop here in Texas. And people didn't buy it. Here's the opposition file on Beto. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/beto-o...ity-check/

There's a DWI accident while he was in his 20s, an accusation (but no charges) of fleeing the scene of said DWI accident, and a 15k investment that might have run afoul of insider trading laws (and he was cleared on that).

Then his dad had some drugs in his car when Beto was 10 years old. And his mother ran a store where she didn't fill out some paperwork for cash purchases and got behind on her taxes.

----

All you got is the DWI really. He owns up to it. And he's running against Trump.

there also was a burglary/trespass incident as well. DWI. DUI. Trespassing. Insider trading...etc. etc. we get the picture..
12-03-2018 10:19 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-03-2018 10:19 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

----

there also was a burglary/trespass incident as well. DWI. DUI. Trespassing. Insider trading...etc. etc. we get the picture..

Yep, he trespassed onto a college campus once. Big friggin' whoop.

If he runs, he'll be running against Donald Trump. No one is going to worry about a piddling 15k Twitter investment that he maintains was done without his knowledge or what he did when he was in his 20s.

Its a trap for you guys to ignore Beto's campaigning and messaging by simply trying to run against Beto the 22 year old. Especially when Trump is going to be the alternative. But you are free to fall into that trap.
12-03-2018 10:24 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
They're negative ads if they're not true. In his case they are very, very true. He's about as capable as Oblunder and you know what Oblunder did before he became president, right, a communist, er, community organizer.

Beto is about as qualified to be president as I am and guess what? I'm not qualified in the least, as he isn't either.
12-03-2018 10:27 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

(12-03-2018 10:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(12-03-2018 10:19 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

----

Yep, he trespassed onto a college campus once. Big friggin' whoop.

If he runs, he'll be running against Donald Trump. No one is going to worry about a piddling 15k Twitter investment that he maintains was done without his knowledge or what he did when he was in his 20s.

Its a trap for you guys to ignore Beto's campaigning and messaging by simply trying to run against Beto the 22 year old. Especially when Trump is going to be the alternative. But you are free to fall into that trap.

He was 26. Its not a smear when you tell the truth. Smear is what Democrats do.
It indicates a profound lack of judgement as an adult.
12-03-2018 10:28 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(12-03-2018 10:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Yep, he trespassed onto a college campus once. Big friggin' whoop.

Republicans need to run against Robert the commie.
12-03-2018 10:28 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(12-03-2018 09:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  My first preference is Hickenlooper.

LOL

The left isn't going to be able to coalesce behind anyone. I saw a story about how Tulsi was in NH recently, and ALL the comments on it were about how she is an assad agent.

The alt-left has turned on bernie, and he will never get the blessing of the party. Is he even eligible? I think new rules mandate that you have to be a declared dem.

booker is a big pharma pawn.

camila is corrupt lawyer with a horrible personality. The Midwest isn't going to vote for a californian when there's still needles & feces in her streets. Fix california before you try to "fix" America.

gillabrand has #metoo problems.

robert o'rourke pounds soy, and is a loser and a fraud. He also has campaign finance problems, as well as a class-action lawsuit against him.

Better get it together quick, or you know who is going to pounce.

[Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018 10:52 PM by Kronke.)
12-03-2018 10:32 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
TBH, I think Klobuchar should be the favorite. She's the only one that came out of the Kavanaugh hearings looking even remotely sane.
12-03-2018 10:36 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Biggest challenger to DJT...

There is no one at this level.

Biden
Jeff Flake (I)

Oprah

Baydough

Commie Sanders

Best of the Rest

Hillary
CPL
12-03-2018 10:48 PM
Advertisement

Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-03-2018 10:32 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(12-03-2018 09:24 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  My first preference is Hickenlooper.

LOL

The left isn't going to be able to coalesce behind anyone. I saw a story about how Tulsi was in NH recently, and ALL the comments on it were about how she is an assad agent.

The alt-left has turned on bernie, and he will never get the blessing of the party. Is he even eligible? I think new rules mandate that you have to be a declared dem.

booker is a big pharma pawn.

camila is corrupt lawyer with a horrible personality. The Midwest isn't going to vote for a californian when there's still needles & feces in her streets. Fix california before you try to "fix" America.

gillabrand has #metoo problems.

robert o'rourke pounds soy, and is a loser and a fraud. He also has campaign finance problems, as well as a class-action lawsuit against him.

Better get it together quick, or you know who is going to pounce.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Tulsi Gabbard is NOT going to be the nominee. She's batsh*t crazy and the Assad stuff is a non-starter too. She is positively LOATHED by rank and file Democrats too.

The class action suit is a yawner. And the campaign finance stuff is really pedestrian stuff.

Again, with Beto, there's really not much there. Other than the DUI that he owns up to.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018 11:06 PM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
12-03-2018 11:02 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
New afflication-BDS
I don't think Putin is going to want Beto to win. That alone will be tough to overcome. I hope he hasn't committed any crimes via email.

12-04-2018 06:18 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss

----

If they were republicans they would be in the federal pen.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2018 08:55 AM by Eagleaidaholic.)
12-04-2018 08:50 AM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Wasnt it just a year or so ago that the left was getting on their knees and blowing this guy? What happened?

[Image: 180130225312-dem-response-kennedy-super-169.jpg]
12-04-2018 04:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.