quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
NY6 Bowl pairings (non-playoffs)
Rose: Washington vs Ohio State

Sugar: Texas vs Georgia

Peach: Florida vs Michigan

Fiesta: UCF vs LSU

I told UCF fans the Peach did not want them.
12-02-2018 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
RE: NY6 Bowl pairings (non-playoffs)
(12-02-2018 03:13 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Rose: Washington vs Ohio State

The bowls don't have a say in the matter. Whether they want them or not, it's not their decision. Dont know why you are saying it was their choice.... just seems like you are trying hard to prove yourself correct, and to try to take a hit on the UCF program. However, it's not based in facts.
12-02-2018 03:18 PM
RUScarlets Online
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
UCF has played in the Fiesta before when Bortles was there.

They have a solid club, should beat LSU.
12-02-2018 03:25 PM
otown Offline
All American

So the big question is if UCF will be motivated to play LSU. They feel slighted that they are not in the playoffs and LSU should be happy just to be in an NY6 bowl this year.
12-02-2018 03:26 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-02-2018 03:18 PM)otown Wrote:  

The bowls don't have a say in the matter. Whether they want them or not, it's not their decision. Dont know why you are saying it was their choice.... just seems like you are trying hard to prove yourself correct, and to try to take a hit on the UCF program. However, it's not based in facts.

It is based on fact. Geography would put UCF vs Florida in the Peach but the Peach did not want UCF.

UCF fans insisted the Peach would want UCF back and i said no way would they want to be stuck with them. I was right.
12-02-2018 03:27 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(12-02-2018 03:27 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  

It is based on fact. Geography would put UCF vs Florida in the Peach but the Peach did not want UCF.

UCF fans insisted the Peach would want UCF back and i said no way would they want to be stuck with them. I was right.

Yep, the Access Bowls don’t want to have G5 schools 2 years in a row. It is the Fiesta Bowl turn.
12-02-2018 03:35 PM
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

You are blowing smoke. No fact about it. Bowls do not choose. Selection committees do. That is unless you can provide a source of the Peach bowl coming out and lobbying against UCF. Your 5th cousin on the Peach bowl board does not count.

Now I think you are just being salty and pretty. The committee placed Michigan there due to their higher ranking. They then placed UCF in the Fiesta since they played in the Peach last year. If Michigan or Florida played there last year, they would be left out of there too. That was the committees decision, not the Peach Bowl's. I thought you understood the process. Quo, you are slipping.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 04:10 PM by otown.)
12-02-2018 04:08 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-02-2018 04:08 PM)otown Wrote:  

You are blowing smoke. No fact about it. Bowls do not choose. Selection committees do. That is unless you can provide a source of the Peach bowl coming out and lobbying against UCF. Your 5th cousin on the Peach bowl board does not count.

Now I think you are just being salty and pretty. The committee placed Michigan there due to their higher ranking. They then placed UCF in the Fiesta since they played in the Peach last year. If Michigan or Florida played there last year, they would be left out of there too. That was the committees decision, not the Peach Bowl's. I thought you understood the process. Quo, you are slipping.

This is too simplistic. Yes, the committee decides where teams go in the NY6, not the bowls. But the bowls have input, they can voice concerns.

Bottom line is many UCF fans and others thoughr UCF would go to Peach because of obvious geogeaphic proximity. I correctly said Peach had zero desire to host UCF again and no way would they be in Peach.

I admit it's not entirely anti- UCF. The Peach also got Houston in 2015 and it surely doesn't want to be viewed as the G5 depository.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 08:49 PM by quo vadis.)
12-02-2018 08:41 PM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
Wash St got robbed
should have cut them slack'playing that game in snowstorm
there 4 schools with more loses than WSU
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 09:13 PM by templefootballfan.)
12-02-2018 09:11 PM
otown Offline
All American

(12-02-2018 08:41 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  

This is too simplistic. Yes, the committee decides where teams go in the NY6, not the bowls. But the bowls have input, they can voice concerns.

Bottom line is many UCF fans and others thoughr UCF would go to Peach because of obvious geogeaphic proximity. I correctly said Peach had zero desire to host UCF again and no way would they be in Peach.

I admit it's not entirely anti- UCF. The Peach also got Houston in 2015 and it surely doesn't want to be viewed as the G5 depository.

You seem to be confusing your opinion with fact. Seriously, put up some factual sources. Quoisms are not facts.
12-02-2018 09:22 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
It’ll be interesting to see how well UCF travels with that distance.
12-02-2018 09:39 PM
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
(12-02-2018 09:39 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  It’ll be interesting to see how well UCF travels with that distance.

Traveled well when Bortles led them in the 2013 Fiesta.
12-02-2018 09:55 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I believe both LSU and UCF will be plenty motivated. UCF has proven they will be a worthy opponent and LSU will not take them lightly. LSU wants to play well to show their program is back toward the top and losing 3 games in the SEC Conference does not make them average along any P5 measure. Their losses were @Florida, Bama (who hasn't lost to Bama?) and @TXAM (7 OT). UCF is 25-0 over the past two seasons. Nuff said. Should be a good one. Of course, I'm pulling for the Knights since they are representing the AAC but I also want them to help push the narrative for expanding the CFP beyond 4 teams.
12-02-2018 10:22 PM
P5PACSEC Offline
Banned

I Root For: P5- Texas Tech

I agree with you.
12-02-2018 10:41 PM
P5PACSEC Offline
Banned

I Root For: P5- Texas Tech

Not sure why a Florida fan cares what happens to the G5 schools in your state?

Obviously the Peach wanted a bigger matchup and the Fiesta got stuck with a G5 school.

I hope LSU is motivated and I hate the cajun bengals.
12-02-2018 10:45 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Don’t like a 9-3 Florida with 2 FCS wins and a 3-TD smoking to Mizzou getting in over a 10-2 Wazzu who lost to USC on objectively sketchy officiating.
12-02-2018 11:48 PM
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

(12-02-2018 09:22 PM)otown Wrote:  
(12-02-2018 03:18 PM)otown Wrote:  The bowls don't have a say in the matter. Whether they want them or not, it's not their decision. Dont know why you are saying it was their choice.... just seems like you are trying hard to prove yourself correct, and to try to take a hit on the UCF program. However, it's not based in facts.

You seem to be confusing your opinion with fact. Seriously, put up some factual sources. Quoisms are not facts.

03-lmfao

If you've posted any facts here I've missed them, but I have one killer fact on my side: I correctly called an outcome that was consistent with my theory before it happened, and in the face of UCF fans and others who insisted the Peach was the destination and that the Peach liked UCF. And I even said I'd eat crow if UCF went to the Peach.

But anyway, here's an article from the Orlando Sentinel of all places, read the first sentence of the second paragraph:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o...story.html
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018 12:07 AM by quo vadis.)
12-03-2018 12:02 AM
templefootballfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
fine UCF fetish
what about Wash St
12-03-2018 04:12 AM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(12-02-2018 11:48 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  Don’t like a 9-3 Florida with 2 FCS wins and a 3-TD smoking to Mizzou getting in over a 10-2 Wazzu who lost to USC on objectively sketchy officiating.
Like it or not, "sketchy officiating" is not going to be recognized as an offsetting factor by the CFP committee. They will pretend as if they believe all the calls that didn't actually get apologized for were the correct call.
12-03-2018 05:40 AM
otown Offline
All American

(12-03-2018 12:02 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-02-2018 09:22 PM)otown Wrote:  
(12-02-2018 03:27 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  It is based on fact. Geography would put UCF vs Florida in the Peach but the Peach did not want UCF.

03-lmfao

If you've posted any facts here I've missed them, but I have one killer fact on my side: I correctly called an outcome that was consistent with my theory before it happened, and in the face of UCF fans and others who insisted the Peach was the destination and that the Peach liked UCF. And I even said I'd eat crow if UCF went to the Peach.

But anyway, here's an article from the Orlando Sentinel of all places, read the first sentence of the second paragraph:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o...story.html

Woof, if Mike Bianchi is the best source, run lol. He makes up stories for click bait all the time. Try researching the author and you will understand some of his outlandish columns.

Just a head up, just because something happens, does not mean it happened because of your particular theory. That's not how the world works.
12-03-2018 05:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.