Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB: Dukes host Dayton (Monday, 7pm, MadiZone)
Bookmark and Share
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
MyBB WBB: Dukes host Dayton (Monday, 7pm, MadiZone)
The Atlantic 10+4's Dayton Flyers glide into the Convo Tuesday night for the Dukes' last home game before exams and the next-to-last home non-CAA game. The Dukes won't return for a game at the Convo again until Dec. 21st against St. John's.

Dayton is 2-4 on the season, but don't let their record fool you. They've played a challenging schedule. For example, their last game saw them lose by 10 at South Carolina (a respectable margin). Earlier this season they lost at another perennial power, Maryland, by 11 points. They also have a loss at Green Bay, who makes the NCAAT with regularity.

Their other loss was to CAA member, Northeastern, who is a perfect 6-0 on the early season, 84-79 in overtime at home.

Dayton went 23-7 last year and 15-1 in the A10+4. This included a blowout win over JMU at home, 82-54. They were upset in the A10+4 tournament semifinals by GW, but still received an at-large bid to the NCAAT...where they lost their opener to Marquette.

This will be another tough game for the Good Gals.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 04:40 PM by Wear Purple.)
12-02-2018 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
RE: WBB: Dukes host Dayton (Tuesday, 7pm, MadiZone)
Game is Monday (tomorrow) night, not Tuesday.

Will be there!

Bring an unwrapped toy and get a free general admission ticket.
12-02-2018 03:20 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

RE: WBB: Dukes host Dayton (Tuesday, 7pm, MadiZone)
Wife and I will be there ROOTIN!!

Brian
12-02-2018 03:51 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: WBB: Dukes host Dayton (Monday, 7pm, MadiZone)
(12-02-2018 03:20 PM)LovethoseDukes Wrote:  Game is Monday (tomorrow) night, not Tuesday.

Will be there!

Bring an unwrapped toy and get a free general admission ticket.

Woops. Thanks so much. Edited the title.
12-02-2018 04:40 PM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
We'll be in our usual place across from the JMU bench.

I'm concerned about a game for the first time this season. Dayton is anything but a punk squad. They may even be better than we are, I dunno. It will be a fight, anyway.They're not as good as they were when Jim Jabir was coaching (note to Coach O: do NOT schedule Florida Atlantic!) but they're still good.
12-03-2018 11:04 AM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
Is there pregame hospitality tonight or just halftime? I think one of my friends thinks it's pregame, and that would surprise me for a Monday night OOC game in December.
12-03-2018 01:34 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Bump...just meant as a reminder for folks of what is likely going to be a good game on MadiZone.
12-03-2018 05:46 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Logan Reynolds on the bench in sweats tonight. Freshman Maddy Green with her first start.

Don't see Koshuta anywhere.
12-03-2018 07:08 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Good Gals up 40-33 at the half. Really good half by the Dukes.

Hopefully they can keep it up in the 2nd half.
12-03-2018 07:54 PM
Tainyabuttons Offline
Water Engineer

Watching tonight since it’s a school night and my daughter gets too tired after the 45 min drive home. Curt said Reynolds is out with a minor back injury.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2018 08:24 PM by Tainyabuttons.)
12-03-2018 08:24 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

Solid as a rock win tonight for the Good Gals...from start to finish...well done, ladies!
12-03-2018 08:51 PM
geewizNU Offline
All American

I Root For: Northeastern
JMU is now 2-0 vs the A-10.

NU is 3-0 vs the A-10.
12-03-2018 09:23 PM
LovethoseDukes Online
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
Excellent win for the women last night. Another super performance by Kamiah with solid back up from Jackie and Devon. I thought Maddie did a stellar job running the point in her first start (although her dad wanted her to shoot more...lol...). Everyone brought their A game against a tough Dayton team. Good crowd for a Monday night - great to see some students. I hope each of them had fun and brings two of their friends to the next home game.

Now it's time for the team to finish up those final projects and papers for the semester and get ready for Maryland. It will be a very very tough game but I never give up on this group. The Crown Club will be taking a bus - still a few seats available so call the WBB office if you want to go with us. If you are in the area, think about coming to College Park. It's a noon tipoff so you will have plenty of time to finish your Christmas shopping and head to a party or two that night.
12-04-2018 08:11 AM
Advertisement

orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
(12-03-2018 08:24 PM)Tainyabuttons Wrote:  Watching tonight since it’s a school night and my daughter gets too tired after the 45 min drive home. Curt said Reynolds is out with a minor back injury.

Logan looked more sick than hurt. (We can see extremely well from where we sit) She was pale, almost greenish, and we both noticed that she was high-fiving with the back of her hand rather than the palm, a pretty sure sign of not wanting to pass germs. This nurse/mom guessed a GI bug or kidney infection.

Maddie did a super job, as did Devon Merritt. Devon is really seeing the floor well this season, and her rebounding has picked up amazingly. She is living proof of the axiom that big girls often take a couple years to really develop. Dayton seemed completely flummoxed by our zone, and also by the ease with which we penetrated their pressure D.

Incidentally, I watched Tennessee play Oklahoma State Sunday, and to my eye, JMU's passing game is better than Tennessee's. That's hard for me to say, being as I am a Lady Vols fan for 40+ years....but this edition of the Dukes is *very* good indeed at that aspect of the game. And did anyone see just how high Tori got going after a couple of rebounds? Tori Skywallker!
12-04-2018 01:25 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Solid effort all around by the Lady Dukes last night. As others have noted Maddie and Devon really had great games. Jackie also contributed heavily especially when the foul count started to rise. Was a bit of a very chippy physical game and the Dukes did not back down.

Hope Logan is felling better and will be able to play on Saturday. Will be there at MD to cheer the Dukes on!!!

Brian
12-04-2018 02:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.