Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The problem with having a Liar for a President
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
The problem with having a Liar for a President
By Warren P. Strobel
Updated Dec. 1, 2018 1:33 a.m. ET
WASHINGTON—Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman sent at least 11 messages to his closest adviser, who oversaw the team that killed journalist Jamal Khashoggi, in the hours before and after the journalist’s death in October, according to a highly classified CIA assessment.

The Saudi leader also in August 2017 had told associates that if his efforts to persuade Mr. Khashoggi to return to Saudi Arabia weren’t successful, “we could possibly lure him outside Saudi Arabia and make arrangements,” according to the assessment, a communication that it states “seems to foreshadow the Saudi operation launched against Khashoggi.”

This is a Wall Street Journal article and it’s highlighted in red on Drudge Report. It pops up in an app and I can’t copy a link.

So now the CIA has to reveal tradecraft because we have a liar in Chief and we have a liar in Pompeo too.

Worst administration ever......
12-01-2018 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline

RE: The problem with having a Liar for a President
https://www.wsj.com/articles/cia-interce...1543640460

See if that works. CIA is spilling. They must not like having a traitor as a President.
12-01-2018 09:59 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
So they elect to be traitors by leaking classified info (assuming it's accurate)?
12-01-2018 10:03 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(12-01-2018 10:03 PM)banker Wrote:  So they elect to be traitors by leaking classified info (assuming it's accurate)?

Yeah... stupid assertion, that because the President is a liar, I'm going to betray my country, my oath and my family risking going to jail or worse

Insanity
12-01-2018 10:13 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(12-01-2018 09:34 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  So now the CIA has to reveal tradecraft because we have a liar in Chief and we have a liar in Pompeo too.

Worst administration ever......

Everyone else past 80 years

Carter Administration

Obama Administration
12-01-2018 10:24 PM
Machiavelli Offline

They swore an oath to protect America against all enemies foreign and domestic.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will ...

These guys know.... these guys know we have a traitor and they swore an oath to defend us.
12-01-2018 10:38 PM
Advertisement

Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
So a left-wing Jihad journalist gets killed. Can someone explain to me why I should give a crap?
12-01-2018 10:39 PM
Machiavelli Offline

Because we have a compromised President lying about it. That’s all.......
12-01-2018 10:40 PM
Old Blue Offline
1st String

(12-01-2018 10:40 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Because we have a compromised President lying about it. That’s all.......

A president who wants to keep a working relationship with Saudi Arabia. In other words a damn smart president. I could give a crap about Kelloggi. I mean I like the cereal and all but sheeeesh.
12-01-2018 10:45 PM
Machiavelli Offline

I can’t understand you guys dismissing the lies and obvious corruption. Dangling pardons. The grift. The blatant lies. Thank God we have patriots in the CIA still.
12-01-2018 10:48 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(12-01-2018 10:38 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  They swore an oath to protect America against all enemies foreign and domestic.
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will ...
These guys know.... these guys know we have a traitor and they swore an oath to defend us.

Well, if they know we have a traitor, and if they swore that oath, then aren't they duty bound to call him out publicly right now? I mean, before he does anything to jeopardize the nation and that constitution.

I swore that oath, and that's what it would mean to me.
12-01-2018 11:42 PM
Advertisement

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
I couldn't care less about what happened to that Saudi, sorry.
12-02-2018 12:06 AM
Machiavelli Offline

It should tell you all that you need to know that he lies about it though.
12-02-2018 12:11 AM
Old Blue Offline
1st String

(12-02-2018 12:11 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  It should tell you all that you need to know that he lies about it though.

Lies about it? Hell, nobody knows what happened yet, do they? A bunch of speculation is all I've seen.
12-02-2018 12:16 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-01-2018 10:48 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I can’t understand you guys dismissing the lies and obvious corruption. Dangling pardons. The grift. The blatant lies. Thank God we have patriots in the CIA still.

You don't like an exaggerator as president because you keep making yourself look like an idiot claiming lies when there are none there.

Where's your apology for posting that fake news Jr. lied in Congress story?

And you've stated no specifics here.

If the CIA is leaking information that is compromising sources, we need to arrest the leaker for treason and seek the death penalty.

Obama effectively gave dozens of agents the death penalty by publically disclosing information about Iran's nuclear reactors. Yet I don't hear you screaming for him to be charged with treason.
12-02-2018 12:19 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-01-2018 10:48 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I can’t understand you guys dismissing the lies and obvious corruption. Dangling pardons. The grift. The blatant lies. Thank God we have patriots in the CIA still.

I can't understand why you continually make yourself look like a clown by dismissing Hillary and Bill's lies and corruption and complaining about President Trump when you don't even have any corruption to show and most of the "lies" are simply fish stories (biggest inauguration ever, etc.).
12-02-2018 12:24 AM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
One must live in some kind of altered reality to think that what the President says about death of a Saudi citizen at the hands of the Saudi government in the Saudi embassy in Turkey is more important than the former President lying about American citizens being able to keep their health insurance and doctor, or lying about American combat troops being involved in ground operations in Syria.

Oh....Mach started this thread? See my point?
12-02-2018 12:51 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(12-01-2018 10:45 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  
(12-01-2018 10:40 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Because we have a compromised President lying about it. That’s all.......

A president who wants to pal around with terrorist. In other words a damn smart president. Kelloggi deserved to die IMO.

Fixed.
12-02-2018 01:18 AM
Old Blue Offline
1st String

(12-02-2018 01:18 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(12-01-2018 10:45 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  

A president who wants to pal around with terrorist. In other words a damn smart president. Kelloggi deserved to die IMO.

Fixed.

So should we give up all contact with the Middle East? Declare them all terrorist and be done with it? America desires allies in all parts of the world. We have a military as well as a commercial presence in Saudi Arabia. A smart president makes sure that fact remains.
12-02-2018 01:46 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(12-01-2018 09:59 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/cia-interce...1543640460

See if that works. CIA is spilling. They must not like having a traitor as a President.

Still trying to figure out why we should get all worked up over this. They cut peoples heads off every day over there. China killed hundreds of students in a massacre. Syria bombs thier poeple daily. Russia blew up and airliner and illegally invaded a country. Mexico exports poverty to America in order to avoiding fixing their issues. Now that I think of it---didnt we blow an airliner out of the sky oursleves? Havent we killed a cilvilian or two over the last 17 years of war in the middle east....havent we killed more than a few suspected terrorists....without a trial...just...hit em with a Hellfire and turned em into a black smoking crater.

Your current argument seems to be we should cut all ties with other countries that do things we object to. Yet you object to the use of trade tariffs when countries act in a way that is economically harmful to our economy. So, please explain how an across the board consistent policy of cutting all ties to any country that acts in a manner we object to might affect our nation over the long run....because it seems to me it that the effect of such a policy would be far more catastrophic than a few tarriffs could ever be.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 02:34 AM by Attackcoog.)
12-02-2018 02:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.