Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

What has to happen for us to win the championship tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share
mewes Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
What has to happen for us to win the championship tomorrow.
In my opinion the keys for us to win this game are as follows.

1. Run the ball with timely passes. I really think UCF will stack the box they will not let us run the ball out of our typical formations. I would love to see us run the ball out of a 3 and 4 receiver set to spread them out. To go along with that Brady has to do a good job throwing the ball when given the chance.

2. Don’t change the defense. The last month we started playing a lot more aggressive man to man defense and blitzing and it’s worked great. Earlier in the year we played a lot of zone with the DB’s giving the receivers big cushions and we were getting gashed. UCF will probably look like Tulane on offense tomorrow. Their qb isn’t a great thrower and a good runner. The thing that frustrated me about that Tulane game was why we were giving their receivers so much cushion. I would crowd the box and make UCFs qb beat me throwing the ball into tight coverage while under pressure.

3. No turnovers it’s as simple as that.

If we can do those three things we can win.
11-30-2018 06:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: What has to happen for us to win the championship tomorrow.
Score more points than them
11-30-2018 06:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BandwagonJumper Away
First name Greatest, Last name Ever

I Root For: winners
[Image: DEO99osXkAIl8TD.jpg]
11-30-2018 06:21 PM
Advertisement

memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
4. Withstand UCF's emotional tidal wave of the first half. They will come out fired up. Their crowd will be fired up. It may be one of the more emotionally charged atmospheres the Tigers have played in. If Memphis is within 7 at the half, I like our chances.
11-30-2018 06:49 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
Perhaps UCF wins.

If we run well and do not turn it over we will win.

And the exact same scenario would have applied if they had their starting QB. Not suggesting it doesn't hurt them. Simply pointing out that even with him, we were one play from winning both the last two games.

Would be careful of giving up the big play. Take that away and give them more opportunities to grind. If they can do that with few mistakes they could win.
11-30-2018 06:52 PM
Advertisement

Crazier Offline
All American

Defense will have to be able to stop the run tomorrow. That will be the key for both teams.
11-30-2018 07:00 PM
I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Offline
All American

5. Pray to the rain Gods this is an accurate hourly forecast.

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USFL0372:1:US
11-30-2018 07:01 PM
Advertisement

EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(11-30-2018 06:04 PM)mewes Wrote:  In my opinion the keys for us to win this game are as follows.

1. Run the ball with timely passes. I really think UCF will stack the box they will not let us run the ball out of our typical formations. I would love to see us run the ball out of a 3 and 4 receiver set to spread them out. To go along with that Brady has to do a good job throwing the ball when given the chance.

2. Don’t change the defense. The last month we started playing a lot more aggressive man to man defense and blitzing and it’s worked great. Earlier in the year we played a lot of zone with the DB’s giving the receivers big cushions and we were getting gashed. UCF will probably look like Tulane on offense tomorrow. Their qb isn’t a great thrower and a good runner. The thing that frustrated me about that Tulane game was why we were giving their receivers so much cushion. I would crowd the box and make UCFs qb beat me throwing the ball into tight coverage while under pressure.

the UCF backup QB is not accurate throwing the football.
He's more of a running threat.
Make him beat you throwing...and we can win that game.

*edit*

PASSING STATISTICS
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
McKenzie Milton 171 289 2663 59.2 9.22 25 6 161.0
Darriel Mack Jr. 21 43 174 48.8 4.05 0 0 82.8
Quadry Jones 1 1 42 100.0 42.00 1 0 782.8
Totals 193 333 2879 58.0 8.65 26 6 152.7
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2018 07:31 PM by EarthBoundMisfit.)
11-30-2018 07:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mewes Offline
1st String

(11-30-2018 07:00 PM)Crazier Wrote:  Defense will have to be able to stop the run tomorrow. That will be the key for both teams.

I agree 100%. Neither team wants to throw a lot both teams want to run,run, and run some more. So if we can play great run defense and keep them in 3rd and long then we can win.
11-30-2018 08:45 PM
Advertisement

mewes Offline
1st String

(11-30-2018 07:26 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  
(11-30-2018 06:04 PM)mewes Wrote:  In my opinion the keys for us to win this game are as follows.

the UCF backup QB is not accurate throwing the football.
He's more of a running threat.
Make him beat you throwing...and we can win that game.

*edit*

PASSING STATISTICS
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
McKenzie Milton 171 289 2663 59.2 9.22 25 6 161.0
Darriel Mack Jr. 21 43 174 48.8 4.05 0 0 82.8
Quadry Jones 1 1 42 100.0 42.00 1 0 782.8
Totals 193 333 2879 58.0 8.65 26 6 152.7

It was the same thing with Tulane. But we didn’t play to stop the run first.
11-30-2018 08:47 PM
presskh Offline
Heisman

(11-30-2018 07:01 PM)I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Wrote:  5. Pray to the rain Gods this is an accurate hourly forecast.

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USFL0372:1:US

Agree. Brady has been terrible in wet conditions.
11-30-2018 08:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.