Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Another trump Lawyer Raided
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Quote:Federal agents showed up unannounced at the City Hall office of Finance Committee Chairman Ed Burke, kicked everyone out and papered over the windows Thursday morning.

The nature of their visit was not known, but Ald. Burke (14th) has dodged dozens of federal investigations over five decades in Chicago politics.

About 15 agents had arrived at City Hall about 7:30 a.m., bringing their own boxes. Some then went across the street to the underground parking garage at the Daley Center to find Burke’s car, but it wasn’t there.

Federal agents also showed up to Burke’s ward office and papered over the windows there. A group of them left about 1:10 p.m., nothing in hand, but others remained inside. By 1:30 p.m., they appeared to be wrapping up, and the brown paper had been removed.

About 1:40 p.m., the remaining agents left out the back door, with one cardboard file box, a computer and two computer monitors. Another carried up a giant wad of the brown paper that had covered the windows.
Feds remain at Burke’s City Hall office after raid; wrapping up at ward office

[Image: gop_2016_trump_54631639.jpg]

Could be nothing...but...
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018 03:50 PM by Redwingtom.)
11-29-2018 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
RE: Another trump Lawyer Raided
Nothing to see here.....

Let’s move along........

This isn’t cattle futures or a property investment gone bad. A bj.

Nothing important.....
11-29-2018 03:52 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
If they are still trying to find something today, it means they don't have anything yet.
11-29-2018 03:54 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
How odd.

Ed Burke, a Democrat.

07-coffee3
11-29-2018 03:58 PM
UTSAMarineVet09 Online
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
Quote:Ed Burke, a Democrat, also has been targeted for defeat by Garcia because of his property-tax appeal work for Trump.

damn... thats all you needed to know about Ed. 07-coffee3
11-29-2018 03:58 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
[Image: trump-laughing.jpg]
11-29-2018 04:02 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
That guy could have a good career, in Hollywood, playing corrupt Irish American politician roles. Irish AF, no offense to Irish spin room posters.
11-29-2018 04:02 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
I doubt anyone other than the investigators have clue 1 as to what this is about. Ald. Burke has had multiple run ins with investigations before. He's Donald Trump's lawyer too.
11-29-2018 04:11 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(11-29-2018 04:02 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Irish AF, no offense to Irish spin room posters.

The Irish Air Force is not offended.
11-29-2018 04:12 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
Strange that they only raided the offices connected with this dim's job as Alderman rather than the law offices that dealt with Trump.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ed-bur...l-council/

Quote:Federal agents showed up unannounced at the City Hall office of Finance Committee Chairman Ed Burke, kicked everyone out and papered over the windows Thursday morning.

The nature of their visit was not known, but Ald. Burke (14th) has dodged dozens of federal investigations over five decades in Chicago politics.

About 15 agents had arrived at City Hall about 7:30 a.m., bringing their own boxes. Some then went across the street to the underground parking garage at the Daley Center to find Burke’s car, but it wasn’t there.

Federal agents also showed up to Burke’s ward office and papered over the windows there. A group of them left about 1:10 p.m., nothing in hand, but others remained inside. By 1:30 p.m., they appeared to be wrapping up, and the brown paper had been removed.

About 1:40 p.m., the remaining agents left out the back door, with one cardboard file box, a computer and two computer monitors. Another carried up a giant wad of the brown paper that had covered the windows.

Quote:Burke’s firm, Klafter & Burke, repeatedly has sought to reduce the property taxes that Trump Tower and other commercial properties have to pay — a lucrative business that’s also enriched Illinois House Speaker Michael J. Madigan, D-Chicago.

Burke’s law office was locked this morning. A woman who identified herself as a paralegal for the firm said the staff was in a meeting, and the office would remain locked.

The feds didn’t raid the law offices, the Sun-Times has been told.

So you leftists got you hopes up only to get them crushed by it just being yet another case of a leftist politician getting his due. LOL

11-29-2018 04:17 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Why would they take monitors. Sound like repo men.
11-29-2018 04:18 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(11-29-2018 03:52 PM)Machiavelli Wrote:  Nothing to see here.....

Let’s move along........

This isn’t cattle futures or a property investment gone bad. A bj.

Nothing important.....

You would know that if you read the article. Even the OP didn't say there was anything.

The proper heading of this article would be:

Another Obama Chicago Democrat politician is under investigation
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018 04:53 PM by bullet.)
11-29-2018 04:53 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(11-29-2018 04:11 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  I doubt anyone other than the investigators have clue 1 as to what this is about. Ald. Burke has had multiple run ins with investigations before. He's Donald Trump's lawyer too.

He's not exactly Trump's "lawyer."

He's simply a property tax consultant as far as President Trump is concerned. He's a lawyer who represented him in appealing property taxes on one property.
11-29-2018 04:56 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-29-2018 04:12 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(11-29-2018 04:02 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Irish AF, no offense to Irish spin room posters.

The Irish Air Force is not offended.

04-cheers
11-29-2018 05:11 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-29-2018 04:17 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  Strange that they only raided the offices connected with this dim's job as Alderman rather than the law offices that dealt with Trump.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/ed-bur...l-council/

Quote:Burke’s firm, Klafter & Burke, repeatedly has sought to reduce the property taxes that Trump Tower and other commercial properties have to pay — a lucrative business that’s also enriched Illinois House Speaker Michael J. Madigan, D-Chicago.

Burke’s law office was locked this morning. A woman who identified herself as a paralegal for the firm said the staff was in a meeting, and the office would remain locked.

The feds didn’t raid the law offices, the Sun-Times has been told.

So you leftists got you hopes up only to get them crushed by it just being yet another case of a leftist politician getting his due. LOL

I have done a few of those and was successful every time. You would be surprised how much horse trading goes on. At these meetings/hearings there almost always someone from the local school district.
11-29-2018 05:16 PM
GeorgeBorkFan Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-29-2018 04:11 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  I doubt anyone other than the investigators have clue 1 as to what this is about. Ald. Burke has had multiple run ins with investigations before. He's Donald Trump's lawyer too.

Burke is a PROPERTY TAX lawyer. His firm does lots of business for many connected people.
11-29-2018 05:21 PM
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(11-29-2018 05:21 PM)GeorgeBorkFan Wrote:  

Burke is a PROPERTY TAX lawyer. His firm does lots of business for many connected people.

I bet a lot of those connected people are RUSSIANS!

[Image: Putin+rides+a+bear.jpg]
11-29-2018 05:24 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Side effects of TDS include:

Reading only the headlines of fake news articles

Failure at reading comprehension

Thinking a friend of Trump getting a speeding ticket is part of the Russian Collusion witch hunt

Frequent meltdowns

Frequent loss of bladder control over fake news that is walked back

Screaming at the sky

Hashtagging the phrases: notmypresident and metoo

Prosecuting people with the ideal they are guilty until proven innocent

Becoming gender fluid
11-29-2018 05:29 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

According to the article, he's been dodging DOZENS of investigations for 5 decades.... and he did some Property Tax appeal work for Trump.

While certainly anything is possible (it's what they got capone on, right?) which do you think the odds favor?

Mark Rich went down for Tax evasion for doing work on behalf of the Clinton's so it's certainly possible. Guess that means Ivana will never be President either
11-29-2018 05:54 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(11-29-2018 04:11 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  He's Donald Trump's lawyer too.

He’s also been a democrat in CHICAGO since the 60’s. With a history of legal run-ins.

I’m sure this will be the thing you can impeach on. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
11-29-2018 06:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.