Open TigerLinks

Quarterback controversy
Bookmark and Share
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
Quarterback controversy
Unless Norvell recruits a great JC quarterback that beats out White in the spring there will be no change at that position next year.

Norvell likes that White is a "game manager". White has struggled some and has made some throws that were pretty good. Really good stats completing 64% of 334 passes for 2947 yards and 25 touchdowns and has gotten better moving out of the pocket the last three games. In his first full year of D1 and trying to live up to the fans expectations based on the last two starting quarterbacks.

I personally am a Brady White fan based on his perseverance alone. You can't measure heart but you know it when you see it. I was against the benching of piano man and admit I was wrong. I was wrong about Penny too. And I might be wrong about White.
11-28-2018 07:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bathtub Gin Offline
All American

I Root For: Free Market
RE: Quarterback controversy
He needs to hit the weight room, like yesterday
11-28-2018 07:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crazier Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Mcbride is mobile and the redshirt will be off. If his decision making is not bad then qb the battle will not be easy for White.
11-28-2018 07:54 PM
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
I think White was hindered by his foot injury in the early part of the season, and it affected his mobility. His play the last 4 games was nothing like early in the season. Most QB have a struggle in their first season with a new team. Paxton did, Riley did.
11-28-2018 08:15 PM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers
(11-28-2018 07:54 PM)Crazier Wrote:  Mcbride is mobile and the redshirt will be off. If his decision making is not bad then qb the battle will not be easy for White.

McBride would have be a first round NFL talent to take White's spot. Highly unlikely.
11-28-2018 08:20 PM
Crazier Offline
All American

(11-28-2018 08:15 PM)mapdude Wrote:  I think White was hindered by his foot injury in the early part of the season, and it affected his mobility. His play the last 4 games was nothing like early in the season. Most QB have a struggle in their first season with a new team. Paxton did, Riley did.

I don't know. His play was so bad in Houston. I don't think we passed at all in the second half.
11-28-2018 08:31 PM
Advertisement

Crazier Offline
All American

(11-28-2018 08:20 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 07:54 PM)Crazier Wrote:  Mcbride is mobile and the redshirt will be off. If his decision making is not bad then qb the battle will not be easy for White.

McBride would have be a first round NFL talent to take White's spot. Highly unlikely.

hopefully it doesn't take that much.
11-28-2018 08:34 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
I like Brady. He has had several really poor performances, but he has had good games as well.
11-28-2018 08:35 PM
murphster Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Underdog
I like Brady White as well. Like any player he has his strengths and weaknesses but over all I think he is a very good college QB. Seems to make good decisions typically but doesn't throw down field much. Every player needs to work to their strengths and the coaches call plays that utilized those strenths. I do think BW think it is reasonable for him to work on his overall balance and strength issues. Seems like something that could be improved with proper conditioning.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018 08:59 PM by murphster.)
11-28-2018 08:59 PM
TigerinFL Offline
All American

win Saturday against UCF in the Championship game and all bad games will be forgotten
11-28-2018 09:15 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(11-28-2018 07:17 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  Unless Norvell recruits a great JC quarterback that beats out White in the spring there will be no change at that position next year.

Norvell likes that White is a "game manager". White has struggled some and has made some throws that were pretty good. Really good stats completing 64% of 334 passes for 2947 yards and 25 touchdowns and has gotten better moving out of the pocket the last three games. In his first full year of D1 and trying to live up to the fans expectations based on the last two starting quarterbacks.

I personally am a Brady White fan based on his perseverance alone. You can't measure heart but you know it when you see it. I was against the benching of piano man and admit I was wrong. I was wrong about Penny too. And I might be wrong about White.

what great sentiments

I can sense your passion,,,,who ghost wrote that on your behalf? Solidly written with good grammar.

K2's head
11-28-2018 09:25 PM
Advertisement

jsw3ent Online
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
The only way White is not the starter next year-- is if Norvell leaves.
11-28-2018 10:47 PM
Crazier Offline
All American

Maybe Brady White wii have a break out year next year.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018 10:49 AM by Crazier.)
11-29-2018 01:58 AM
I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Offline
All American

Brady White is doing the job asked of him. The playmakers are doing the job asked of them.

It's a Mike Norvell-designed highly explosive Offense.

Norvell's Offensive philosophy isn't just "throw it down field."
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2018 02:36 AM by I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS.)
11-29-2018 02:15 AM
presskh Offline
Heisman

White seems to be a pretty good game manager. Doesn’t have a strong arm, though, and accuracy really suffers in wet conditions. He is, overall, a pretty decent QB for us but just not the gunslinger we became accustomed to.
11-29-2018 06:43 AM
Tor Johnson Offline
2nd String

(11-28-2018 08:35 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  I like Brady. He has had several really poor performances, but he has had good games as well.
I like you but you can’t be my quarterback
11-29-2018 07:24 AM
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
There is no controversy, IMO. Brady has performed well and is the best QB option now. Furthermore, he should improve next season with a season’s worth of experience.
11-29-2018 08:16 AM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2018 08:34 PM)Crazier Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 08:20 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  

hopefully it doesn't take that much.

It absolutely would. The only way he loses his position is if a quarterback on the roster or one who transfers in is way way better.
11-29-2018 08:29 AM
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-28-2018 08:31 PM)Crazier Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 08:15 PM)mapdude Wrote:  I think White was hindered by his foot injury in the early part of the season, and it affected his mobility. His play the last 4 games was nothing like early in the season. Most QB have a struggle in their first season with a new team. Paxton did, Riley did.

I don't know. His play was so bad in Houston. I don't think we passed at all in the second half.

Memphis never played in Houston. I think you mean in Dallas. Well everyone was bad except the defense in that first half against SMU.

If you mean the Houston game Brady made only one really bad throw/decision.
11-29-2018 09:19 AM
cscottl1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-28-2018 08:31 PM)Crazier Wrote:  

Maybe. The INTs I saw were more decision making issues than poor throws. He had already made up his mind where he was going with the ball on both. This sort of thing has not been a major problem this year and can be corrected.
11-29-2018 09:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.