I miss Mickey.

Carry on.
11-28-2018 03:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
South Main Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU
RE: Newest Coaching Rumor
(11-28-2018 03:39 PM)jmu007 Wrote:  I miss Mickey.

Carry on.

Maybe we'll bring him back??
11-28-2018 03:40 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
Would like to see us lock down Trott and a bunch of the assistants if possible, keep the same system.

This is what NDSU did to keep the train rolling.
11-28-2018 03:41 PM
jmu98 Offline
All American

(11-28-2018 03:41 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  Would like to see us lock down Trott and a bunch of the assistants if possible, keep the same system.

And bring in a new HC? Not going to happen.

Be nice to keep them for the rest of the playoffs, but my guess is he takes most with him.

Double Cignetti’s alary and be done with it.
11-28-2018 03:44 PM
Advertisement

JMaddy Offline
All American

Can we afford the NDSU coach?
11-28-2018 03:45 PM
JMU_Newbill Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU & Whoever Plays VT
Keep in mind that JMU will have to post this job publicly. The real question is "who is going to apply from the boards?"
11-28-2018 03:45 PM
jmufbs Offline
Special Teams

(11-28-2018 03:41 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  Would like to see us lock down Trott and a bunch of the assistants if possible, keep the same system.

hoping his recruits dont' follow him down to that dumpster fire in Charlotte.
Its basically a glorified Commuter school, that happens to have a group of deep pocketed donors who's egos needed a football program since they can't get their bball team back anywhere close to a final four appearance. One hit wonder type of school.

JMU gets more National exposure / has better fans- attendance and academics, and will get them in the NFL just as fast or faster than playing for a bottom tier CUSA team.
11-28-2018 03:48 PM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
(11-28-2018 03:48 PM)jmufbs Wrote:  

Its basically a glorified Commuter school, that happens to have a group of deep pocketed donors who's egos needed a football program since they can't get their bball team back anywhere close to a final four appearance. One hit wonder type of school.

JMU gets more National exposure / has better fans- attendance and academics, and will get them in the NFL just as fast or faster than playing for a bottom tier CUSA team.

His loss. Houston wasn't JMU, he was just our coach but a damn good one. JMU just needs to find another guy. We will continue to get talent and exposure.
We are still JMU.
11-28-2018 03:55 PM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2018 03:44 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  

Be nice to keep them for the rest of the playoffs, but my guess is he takes most with him.

If you want to keep a lot of the same staff have to promote from within either the OC/DC

Donnie Kirkpatrick
Bob Trott

Of those 2, I think Donnie would be a better HC. I don't think Trott cares anything about being a HC, he just wants to run his defense.
11-28-2018 04:01 PM
Advertisement

jmu007 Offline
All American

(11-28-2018 04:01 PM)ShadyP Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 03:44 PM)jmu98 Wrote:  

If you want to keep a lot of the same staff have to promote from within either the OC/DC

Donnie Kirkpatrick
Bob Trott

Of those 2, I think Donnie would be a better HC. I don't think Trott cares anything about being a HC, he just wants to run his defense.

I agree with you 100%, I was just having this same conversation with a friend. I don't see Trott leaving FCS or wanting to be a HC.
11-28-2018 04:03 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
Mike Deane!
11-28-2018 04:04 PM
Jmufanatic13 Offline
Bench Warmer

It's above Houston .. I want a new athletic director immediately .. a guy like brad Edwards at mason .. a younger fiery guy who wants us to reach our potential as an athletic program .. Bourne is holding us back flat out !! I'm tired of being a stepping stone program, I want to be a destination program .. will we ever be bama in football or duke in hoops, no .. but I will take ucf in football and Wichita State in hoops !!
11-28-2018 04:04 PM
ah59396 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(11-28-2018 03:48 PM)jmufbs Wrote:  

Clearly I’m not a Charlotte fan, but you are so wrong it hurts. Say what you will about current Charlotte, but it’s an exceptional opportunity.

Mike Houston is competitive like any other head coach is. You don’t think he has the vision to see what Charlotte could be? And you don’t think he’s got the ego (like every other HC) to think he can be the guy?

For one, the bar there is hilariously low. Win 6 games and get into a bowl and you’re a God. I think Houston is capable of that with what’s there now. The truth though is Charlotte is a massive public university in one of the fastest growing cities in the country. It’s got deep pockets and as an App fan, worries me. It’s why I didn’t want them to have football in the first place.

A decade of success in Charlotte and they can be UCF. You may laugh at that, but UCF was an afterthought (if that) a decade ago. They’ve got a better chance than 90% of the G5 schools of sneaking into the P5 after the next realignment and it’s got nothing to do with merit. As a traditionalist, it’s sickening haha.
11-28-2018 04:07 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

(11-28-2018 04:04 PM)Jmufanatic13 Wrote:  It's above Houston .. I want a new athletic director immediately .. a guy like brad Edwards at mason .. a younger fiery guy who wants us to reach our potential as an athletic program .. Bourne is holding us back flat out !! I'm tired of being a stepping stone program, I want to be a destination program .. will we ever be bama in football or duke in hoops, no .. but I will take ucf in football and Wichita State in hoops !!

Makes sense. The guy who brought in all our coaches (all mostly successful save for MBB that's been trash for decades), built facilities, and has experienced exponential giving growth under his watch is going to get canned because the successful football program may have had 4 coaches in the last 7 years.

So much overreaction in the JMU world right now. JMU is a great place to have a job in athletics, but it will always always be a stepping stone. Always.
11-28-2018 04:10 PM
Advertisement

Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

(11-28-2018 04:07 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  For one, the bar there is hilariously low. Win 6 games and get into a bowl and you’re a God. I think Houston is capable of that with what’s there now. The truth though is Charlotte is a massive public university in one of the fastest growing cities in the country. It’s got deep pockets and as an App fan, worries me. It’s why I didn’t want them to have football in the first place.

A decade of success in Charlotte and they can be UCF. You may laugh at that, but UCF was an afterthought (if that) a decade ago. They’ve got a better chance than 90% of the G5 schools of sneaking into the P5 after the next realignment and it’s got nothing to do with merit. As a traditionalist, it’s sickening haha.

I appreciate the perspective. Houston set his bar unbelievably high at JMU by winning a national championship in his first year. How do you beat that every year? How long would the fanbase tolerate not winning another one if we don't make it or win the title game all the time? The UNCC project checks out in my mind for Houston.
11-28-2018 04:12 PM
ah59396 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(11-28-2018 04:12 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 04:07 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  For one, the bar there is hilariously low. Win 6 games and get into a bowl and you’re a God. I think Houston is capable of that with what’s there now. The truth though is Charlotte is a massive public university in one of the fastest growing cities in the country. It’s got deep pockets and as an App fan, worries me. It’s why I didn’t want them to have football in the first place.

I appreciate the perspective. Houston set his bar unbelievably high at JMU by winning a national championship in his first year. How do you beat that every year? How long would the fanbase tolerate not winning another one if we don't make it or win the title game all the time? The UNCC project checks out in my mind for Houston.

Dead on. Fans are fickle. There are quite a few App fans on yosefscabin who claim our guy satterfield should “wait” for a great job to open up. Wait? Wait for what? What if he has a bad season next year and the phones suddenly stop ringing? What if he has some untimely injuries and goes two years without a Bowl game? He will be praying to get a call from wofford instead of Louisville or Georgia Tech. Just like Houston.

He got a chance to take on a complete mess that can only improve, which buys him a couple years to right the ship. And he probably gets paid double, in the FBS. It’s a no brainer.
11-28-2018 04:17 PM
jmuduke10 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison U
With the roster we have projected coming back next year, our fanbase, and exposure the candidates will be calling us. As much as many of us get on this admin, they have (with the exception of MBB, and possibly Baseball) made a series of excellent hires (Lax, Softball, Houston, Soccer, etc). I have faith
11-28-2018 04:19 PM
Jmufanatic13 Offline
Bench Warmer

Curt Cignetti from Elon ?? Your thoughts
11-28-2018 04:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.