Georgia Southern headed to Camellia Bowl
11-27-2018 10:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
RE: Georgia Southern headed to Camellia Bowl
GaSo fans will like Montgomery. It's a nice weekend.
11-27-2018 10:20 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

Hope they get a good MAC team to push around. They'll be treated with a good time

Sent from my Moto G (4) using CSNbbs mobile app
11-27-2018 10:22 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Montgomery has a nice little entertainment district and is turning into quite the Sun Belt city.

Make that city know your there, take over and enjoy it.
11-27-2018 10:30 PM
TrueBlueDrew Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
I’m just excited to be bowling again. Hopefully with Montgomery being closer to Atlanta than Statesboro, a lot of our ATL alums will be enticed to make the trip. Shouldn’t be a hard stadium to fill.
11-28-2018 07:36 AM
Advertisement

GoAppsGo92 Offline
1st String

I Root For: TheMountaineers
(11-28-2018 07:36 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  I’m just excited to be bowling again. Hopefully with Montgomery being closer to Atlanta than Statesboro, a lot of our ATL alums will be enticed to make the trip. Shouldn’t be a hard stadium to fill.

It’s a nice bowl game. And not a bad area. We’ve been twice and I just didn’t want to go back there a third time, but both trips were good ones for me and the family. Best of luck GS. I like this time of year because I can root for all SBC teams in thier bowls.
11-28-2018 07:49 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
I'm excited. One, because I didn't get to go to the first bowl game due to having a 3 month old, and then we didn't play organized football the 2 years following that season.

Montgomery is a cool town. I stay there for work almost once every 6 weeks at the Reinassance right next to the "alley". It's a cool up and coming city. Good restaurants, and I've walked around that area at night and always felt safe. Looking forward to it.
11-28-2018 08:04 AM
jag313 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: South Alabama
(11-28-2018 08:04 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  I'm excited. One, because I didn't get to go to the first bowl game due to having a 3 month old, and then we didn't play organized football the 2 years following that season.

Montgomery is a cool town. I stay there for work almost once every 6 weeks at the Reinassance right next to the "alley". It's a cool up and coming city. Good restaurants, and I've walked around that area at night and always felt safe. Looking forward to it.

Went to the Camellia Bowl in 2014 (first year in existence). We had a blast and you could tell the locals were excited to host the game. Montgomery does a great job with this game. Now that the Crampton Bowl has been renovated it is a nice venue to watch a game.
11-28-2018 09:33 AM
CoachWillRob Offline
Special Teams

(11-28-2018 07:49 AM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 07:36 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  I’m just excited to be bowling again. Hopefully with Montgomery being closer to Atlanta than Statesboro, a lot of our ATL alums will be enticed to make the trip. Shouldn’t be a hard stadium to fill.

It’s a nice bowl game. And not a bad area. We’ve been twice and I just didn’t want to go back there a third time, but both trips were good ones for me and the family. Best of luck GS. I like this time of year because I can root for all SBC teams in their bowls.

I personally enjoyed Montgomery a lot. Both times were great experiences and the city really focuses everything around the bowl. For me it's the easiest drive to make and probably the least expensive

I wouldn't want for App to go every year. But I'd be perfectly ok if App returns in a few years. Only negative is the MAC tie-in, would like for that to be a CUSA or AAC. I hope GS gets a quality opponent.
11-28-2018 09:40 AM
Advertisement

BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
THe downtown area is great. And, it will give Eagle fans a chance to check out what's in store when the baseball tournament moves there in 2020.

Looks like the opponent will be the loser of the MAC championship game between Buffalo and NIU. At least, that's what I'm hearing.
11-28-2018 09:41 AM
DeanoAPP Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Appalachian
Montgomery is fun, look up the Aviator bar.

Also, if you have an RV, there is a lot right across from the stadium that offers power hookups and only cost $50 for the whole weekend to park your RV there!
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018 09:55 AM by DeanoAPP.)
11-28-2018 09:54 AM
TrueBlueDrew Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(11-28-2018 09:41 AM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  THe downtown area is great. And, it will give Eagle fans a chance to check out what's in store when the baseball tournament moves there in 2020.

Looks like the opponent will be the loser of the MAC championship game between Buffalo and NIU. At least, that's what I'm hearing.

I feel like we match up better against UB. NIU may be 7-5, but they have the 2nd best rushing defense we will have played this season behind Clemson. One of the only blemishes on UB's record is when they got ****housed by an Ohio team that ran all over them.

Buffalo will probably end up in the DG bowl though.
11-28-2018 09:55 AM
Rekdiver Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian
Congrats on returning to relevancy. There is a great tailgating lot next to the stadium. It's a pay lot and you can get multiple spaces. Get them now.
11-28-2018 10:29 AM
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
I'm looking forward to this game for sure. I've watched a little MAC football this year and if I had to choose between the three likely teams the MAC will send I'd Take Buffalo or N. Illinois over Ohio any day.
11-28-2018 10:34 AM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

Congrats and you'll have a great time. Go kick some MAC butt. I made the trip both times with App and we had a blast. They have a great set up for tailgating which you will enjoy! It's a real easy day trip for GS fans located in ATL.
11-28-2018 11:37 AM
ragin4u Offline
WOKE AF

I Root For: Louisiana & Magat Tears
Congrats on the invite, Eagles.
11-28-2018 11:52 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
Ehh never been to Montgomery so looking forward to that if I can make it. Have family in AL so free lodging. Like the date as well. Two weeks of practice and beating down another MAC team on national TV will be nice for development and recruiting. Much needed after the last two years.

Thanks for the congrats and kind words. Hope we all win our bowl games by 14+.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2018 11:55 AM by JCGSU.)
11-28-2018 11:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.