Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dabo ACC Coach of the Year
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Dabo ACC Coach of the Year
Dino should have gotten the nod this year.

Dino did more with less than any coach in the league this year.
11-27-2018 02:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

orange_in_VA Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Dabo ACC Coach of the Year
Yeah, this is ridiculous
11-27-2018 03:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OrangeDude Offline
Special Teams

I agree that Dino should have been ACC COY this year but as I posted over on the syracusefan.com board, this conference has no consistency whatsoever when voting on this honor.

Just for some recent history on this:

2013 - Cutcliffe with a 9-3 record got ACC COY over undefeated 12-0 Jimbo Fisher (who went on to win NC)
2014 - Paul Johnson with a 10-2 record got ACC COY over 11-1 Jimbo Fisher
2015 - Dabo Swinney got ACC COY with a regular season record of 12-0
2016 - Justin Fuente with an 8-4 record got ACC COY over 11-1 Dabo Swinney
2017 - Mark Richt with a 10-1 record got ACC COY over 11-1 Dabo Swinney

The case for Cutcliffe in 2013 is exactly the same as Dino's this season but with the added headscratcher of him actually having won the COY in 2012 for a 6-6 record and an increase of only 3 wins from 2011 to 2012. Fisher or Dabo deserved the award in 2012 over Cutcliffe (I'd have voted for Fisher that year because I thought Dabo should have won it in 2011 over Mike London). Fisher never winning it and Dabo not winning it until 2015 is ridiculous.

If this conference actually knew what is was doing the COY honors would probably look more like this for this decade"

2010 - Friedgen
2011 - Dabo
2012 - Jimbo
2013 - Cutcliffe
2014 - Jimbo
2015 - Dabo
2016 - Dabo
2017 - Richt
2018 - Dino

Had they got it right more often than not in those years, Babers might have won this year. But they didn't get it right in those previous years so I actually sympathize with the Tigers fans and congratulate them and Dabo about finally being recognized a second time this year, since he was robbed in at least two years previously. So Dino is in good company in more ways than one.

Cheers,
Neil
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2018 04:13 PM by OrangeDude.)
11-27-2018 04:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
As it was, it was clearly a 2 coach race between Swinney and Babers - between them they grabbed over 80% of the votes!
11-27-2018 10:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.