Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

McKenzie Milton definately out for our game
Bookmark and Share
DallasTiger Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
McKenzie Milton definately out for our game
I didn't see the USF UCF game or the injury but.....in reading the UCF bulletin board, it appears the injury was pretty serious. Seems like it was a broken leg or something like that. Here is a link to the UCF bullentin board, which may be the best source of information. Sorry to see this. You got to admire this QB...he is very talented and I hope this is not carrier ending.

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/threads/mi...ead.69936/
11-24-2018 01:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: McKenzie Milton definately out for our game
It's a dislocated knee that required immediate surgery because of lack of blood circulation.

Forget this week. He ain't ever playing football again.
11-24-2018 01:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
karter25 Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
Legs are now supposed bend that way. Just ask Joe Theisman. It was ugly.
11-24-2018 01:39 AM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-24-2018 01:28 AM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  It's a dislocated knee that required immediate surgery because of lack of blood circulation.

Forget this week. He ain't ever playing football again.

I have read where it was very important to get his dislocated knee popped back before muscle damaged occurred, but I have not seen anything indicating is a career-ending injury. Is this an assumption or did you get this somewhere else?
11-24-2018 07:53 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

That after sustaining a gruesome leg injury and undergoing emergency surgery Mckenzie will not be suited up and on the field next week is probably one of the most unsurprising pieces of information I've ever read on this board.
11-24-2018 08:38 AM
karter25 Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
(11-24-2018 08:38 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  That after sustaining a gruesome leg injury and undergoing emergency surgery Mckenzie will not be suited up and on the field next week is probably one of the most unsurprising pieces of information I've ever read on this board.

It was breaking news and he scooped the national media.
11-24-2018 08:45 AM
Advertisement

DWTiger Offline
Water Engineer

Posted this earlier, but Milton’s injury is a potentially devastating one. He sustained what appeared to be a posterior dislocation of the knee with resultant popliteal artery injury. emergency surgery is required to restore blood flow to the lower part of the leg. This type of injury also puts him at risk for developing compartment syndrome and resultant muscle necrosis from swelling after restoration of blood flow depending on the overall time of ischemia. Long recovery just to save the leg and his football career may unfortunately be over. Honestly, it would be a miracle if he could play again at that level. Terrible injury for a truly great player.
11-24-2018 09:10 AM
DallasTiger Online
Hall of Famer

(11-24-2018 08:45 AM)karter25 Wrote:  
(11-24-2018 08:38 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  That after sustaining a gruesome leg injury and undergoing emergency surgery Mckenzie will not be suited up and on the field next week is probably one of the most unsurprising pieces of information I've ever read on this board.

It was breaking news and he scooped the national media.

Actually, it was not previously posted on this board....as best I could tell. So, at some point, I am sure someone would have posted this info. At the time I posted it...there was incompete information on his injury, so I posted a link to the UCF board where they actually thought this was important. I just happened to be that someone who posted it on our board. So, at least I posted a link that is new.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2018 12:31 PM by DallasTiger.)
11-24-2018 09:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
No offense but both of these threads were posted much earlier than yours.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-864369.html

https://csnbbs.com/thread-864397.html

Not to mention most of us were watching the game.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2018 09:25 AM by BartlettTigerFan.)
11-24-2018 09:24 AM
DallasTiger Online
Hall of Famer

(11-24-2018 09:24 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  No offense but both of these threads were posted much earlier than yours.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-864369.html

https://csnbbs.com/thread-864397.html

Not to mention most of us were watching the game.

Obviously, I didn't see it. I just tried to delete it twice and it will not let me do it.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2018 09:34 AM by DallasTiger.)
11-24-2018 09:27 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Regardless, thanks for the link to the UCF board thread.
11-24-2018 09:48 AM
Advertisement

DWTiger Offline
Water Engineer

Posted this earlier, but Milton’s injury is a potentially devastating one. He sustained what appeared to be a posterior dislocation of the knee with resultant popliteal artery injury. emergency surgery is required to restore blood flow to the lower part of the leg. This type of injury also puts him at risk for developing compartment syndrome and resultant muscle necrosis from swelling after restoration of blood flow depending on the overall time of ischemia. Long recovery just to save the leg and his football career may unfortunately be over. Honestly, it would be a miracle if he could play again at that level. Terrible injury for a truly great player.
11-24-2018 10:09 AM
cmt Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Looks like Milton is out for next weekend.
11-24-2018 10:13 AM
presskh Offline
Heisman

(11-24-2018 10:13 AM)cmt Wrote:  Looks like Milton is out for next weekend.

Milton is most likely out of football forever, unfortunately. He will be fortunate to save his leg and walk normally for the rest of his life. I hope UCF supporters remember his sacrifice for their university when it comes time for him to make a living.
11-24-2018 10:54 AM
DallasTiger Online
Hall of Famer

(11-24-2018 10:54 AM)presskh Wrote:  

Milton is most likely out of football forever, unfortunately. He will be fortunate to save his leg and walk normally for the rest of his life. I hope UCF supporters remember his sacrifice for their university when it comes time for him to make a living.

This is a real tragedy...if this is how this ends up. He was destined for the NFL...very talented. I have been checking the ORLANDO SENTINEL web pages to see if there is anything new on the injury. Here is a link to it. They are staying on top of the situation. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2018 11:25 AM by DallasTiger.)
11-24-2018 11:15 AM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Kinda reminds me a little bit of Steve Matthews broken leg against Ole Miss. The guy was generally expected to go pretty high in the draft, got the compound fracture of his lower leg in late October (I think). Most fans and doctors said he wouldn't be playing football again. He had real promise. He did work his way onto some NFL rosters years later but never did move like he should have. Some older Tiger fans can give better details about that injury. Milton's injury may be worse if he has knee ligament damage.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2018 11:45 AM by tigerlands.)
11-24-2018 11:44 AM
Advertisement

dwash Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-24-2018 10:54 AM)presskh Wrote:  

This. He helped make them a crapload of money so a well paid job to get his start into coaching for example would be the least they can do.
11-24-2018 11:58 AM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
No one here had a voodoo doll, did they? I saw where he had the most "TD's responsible for" over the last 2 seasons. Last year, a whole bunch of those were against us. I've blocked out the debacle this year of their comeback. I'm pretty sure he ran one in. All I remember from that game is the 4th & 2 run for a TD, and that's one he wasn't responsible for.
11-24-2018 12:57 PM
rc0213 Offline
1st String

I pray Milton fully recovers, and, maybe play again. He's a great player.
11-24-2018 01:08 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
I was at the old mrs game when stevie was injured, I know it was cold and occurred on a Q.B. sneak.
A friend of mine said he reminded him of Boomer Eshassan shortly before the injury
I think he would of had a good pro career. He was drafted 7th round chefs and went through major rehab.
The Dude played in the European league and for three yds three teams in nfl as a backup.
A lot of determination to climb that mountain. Ashame he didn't have two good wheels because he could
Go deep
11-24-2018 01:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.