Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Federal Climate Report Out
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
But hey...lets just keep ignoring it...after all...just a bunch of snooty scientists getting wealthy by lying, AMIRITE?

Quote:A new US government report delivers a dire warning about climate change and its devastating impacts, saying the economy could lose hundreds of billions of dollars -- or, in the worst-case scenario, more than 10% of its GDP -- by the end of the century.

The federally mandated study was supposed to come out in December but was released by the Trump administration on Friday, at a time when many Americans are on a long holiday weekend, distracted by family and shopping.

David Easterling, director of the Technical Support Unit at the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information, emphasized that there was "no external interference in the report's development." He added that the climate change the Earth is experiencing is unlike any other.

"The global average temperature is much higher and is rising more rapidly than anything modern civilization has experienced, and this warming trend can only be explained by human activities," Easterling said.

Coming from the US Global Change Research Program, a team of 13 federal agencies, the Fourth National Climate Assessment was put together with the help of 1,000 people, including 300 leading scientists, roughly half from outside the government.
Climate change will have dire consequences for US, federal report concludes
11-23-2018 03:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
Remember when they said that NYC would be underwater too? 07-coffee3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
11-23-2018 03:27 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Federal Climate Report Out
lol at the part insinuating it was released on Friday on purpose due people being distracted. No political bias here.
11-23-2018 03:49 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Let's see what happens if we go a few years with no sunspot activity.
11-23-2018 03:53 PM
2mean Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: guess
(11-23-2018 03:23 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  But hey...lets just keep ignoring it...after all...just a bunch of snooty scientists getting wealthy by lying, AMIRITE?

Quote:A new US government report delivers a dire warning about climate change and its devastating impacts, saying the economy could lose hundreds of billions of dollars -- or, in the worst-case scenario, more than 10% of its GDP -- by the end of the century.

The federally mandated study was supposed to come out in December but was released by the Trump administration on Friday, at a time when many Americans are on a long holiday weekend, distracted by family and shopping.

David Easterling, director of the Technical Support Unit at the NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information, emphasized that there was "no external interference in the report's development." He added that the climate change the Earth is experiencing is unlike any other.

"The global average temperature is much higher and is rising more rapidly than anything modern civilization has experienced, and this warming trend can only be explained by human activities," Easterling said.

Coming from the US Global Change Research Program, a team of 13 federal agencies, the Fourth National Climate Assessment was put together with the help of 1,000 people, including 300 leading scientists, roughly half from outside the government.
Climate change will have dire consequences for US, federal report concludes

K
11-23-2018 03:56 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
I agree that climate change is actually happening. Now, what's the plan to fix the problem. I see plenty of articles talking about the problem. But none with actual solutions. No articles on rapid desalination, and No articles on terraforming deserts.
11-23-2018 04:27 PM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Neither are there any articles to aggressively remove CO2 from being introduced by heavily incentivizing power companies to go nuclear because it’s the only alternative power source that can keep up with our growing energy needs...
11-23-2018 05:03 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Did the polar ice caps melt yet?

Just like libturds to care about something that *may* happen 88 years from now, but completely ignore the SS problem we have right now.

Did they at least move the decimals to the correct position in their math?
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2018 05:29 PM by UofMstateU.)
11-23-2018 05:28 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Quote:The federally mandated study was supposed to come out in December but was released by the Trump administration on Friday, at a time when many Americans are on a long holiday weekend, distracted by family and shopping.

So CNN says it, so it must be true.

Give me a break. The report is released. Let all the Climate Change junkies have at it. Engorge on it. Digest it. Regurgitate it. Thanksgiving Roman style.
11-23-2018 05:33 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(11-23-2018 03:23 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  The federally mandated study was supposed to come out in December but was released by the Trump administration on Friday, at a time when many Americans are on a long holiday weekend, distracted by family and shopping.

As opposed to releasing it in December, at a time when everyone is distracted by the entire month's activities.
11-23-2018 05:36 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(11-23-2018 04:27 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I agree that climate change is actually happening. Now, what's the plan to fix the problem. I see plenty of articles talking about the problem. But none with actual solutions. No articles on rapid desalination, and No articles on terraforming deserts.

We're blaming human activity, but I see nobody suggestion (seriously) that we limit population growth
11-23-2018 05:45 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
So the solution is to TAX fossil fuels to drive up energy costs, and this will help the poor how? I fail to see how $500/mo. electricity bills and $8/gallon gasoline helps anyone, but the idiots who want carbon credits traded as a commodity.
11-23-2018 05:48 PM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(11-23-2018 04:27 PM)hawghiggs Wrote:  I agree that climate change is actually happening. Now, what's the plan to fix the problem. I see plenty of articles talking about the problem. But none with actual solutions. No articles on rapid desalination, and No articles on terraforming deserts.

Taxes are the answer, more taxes. When no one can afford fossil fuel we'll go back to living like pioneers, of course that means the poor and middle class will need to die off.
11-23-2018 05:50 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
(11-23-2018 05:50 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  

Taxes are the answer, more taxes. When no one can afford fossil fuel we'll go back to living like pioneers, of course that means the poor and middle class will need to die off.

Time for me to sell my conventional home and buy a tiny house to reduce my carbon footprint. Oh, I need to sell my combustion engine cars and buy one electric to share with my wife and teenagers. After all, Al Gore lives this way, correct?
11-23-2018 06:15 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
(11-23-2018 05:45 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

We're blaming human activity, but I see nobody suggestion (seriously) that we limit population growth

I'm with you on this. That is one of the main issues in developing countries. Especially in Africa and Asia.
11-23-2018 06:24 PM
UofMTigerTim Offline
1st String

I Root For:
You would think all these global warming folks would be taking victory laps.

None of their predictions have come true.
11-23-2018 06:33 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
[Image: qwyij0xec5021.jpg]
11-23-2018 07:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
The climate is always changing, it is a cyclical thing. We are going cooler now with no sunspots..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
11-23-2018 08:58 PM
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Trump says no.

#fakescience
11-23-2018 09:22 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
(11-23-2018 08:58 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  The climate is always changing, it is a cyclical thing. We are going cooler now with no sunspots..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's my take. The climate is changing....and has been since the dawn of time.
Medieval Warming Period followed by the Little Ice Age anyone? Man those middle ages folks sure must've been burning fossil fuels like crazy to affect the climate like they must've. Not.
11-23-2018 10:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.