Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rodney Hall Plllllllleeeeeaaasssssse
Bookmark and Share
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Rodney Hall Plllllllleeeeeaaasssssse
He’s arguably the best athlete on the football team , but is severely underused. I don’t care if he can’t throw. Childers has had two seasons to prove he can throw and averages less than 200 yards per game. Why is Rodney Hall rotting on the bench? #FreeRodneyHall
11-21-2018 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: Rodney Hall Plllllllleeeeeaaasssssse
(11-21-2018 09:11 AM)BDB5yp Wrote:  He’s arguably the best athlete on the football team , but is severely underused. I don’t care if he can’t throw. Childers has had two seasons to prove he can throw and averages less than 200 yards per game. Why is Rodney Hall rotting on the bench? #FreeRodneyHall

I find it shocking that this guy has not offensive stats. Especially since he was in on a # of plays to start the season.

They probably don't want to have him part of this "low turnover, conservative" approach that when it works (aka, Sutton Smith and co. win the game) looks great otherwise leaves you scratching your head. He must have run the wrong route once. I think he was the QB on the go for 2 from the 7. Maybe the failure to convert was his fault in Carey's eyes.

I guess the coaches see such greatness in the other "playmakers" out there that he can't find a way on the field. That over the drops and other luck-luster play.

Guess he'll be looking to leave school.
11-21-2018 09:36 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers. I thought they were "working" him into the WR mix but also keeping him at QB. From what i can recall, he hasn't seen action for either position except at the beginning of the season.
11-21-2018 02:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OldTtimeNIU Offline
1st String

Our QB may be our best running back next season
11-21-2018 03:58 PM
OldTtimeNIU Offline
1st String

The biggest issue with our QB is that he does not see the field well. He focuses on the first option unless he is scrambling

WMU knew our play as soon as we lined up. QB should have seen their defensive alignment right away and look for another option...

But I will say that our WR did not move when he completed his route...no effort to create some space. You X and O guys can tell me that I full of s**t but I feel that our WRs do not help our QB
11-21-2018 04:06 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
(11-21-2018 04:06 PM)OldTtimeNIU Wrote:  The biggest issue with our QB is that he does not see the field well. He focuses on the first option unless he is scrambling

WMU knew our play as soon as we lined up. QB should have seen their defensive alignment right away and look for another option...

But I will say that our WR did not move when he completed his route...no effort to create some space. You X and O guys can tell me that I full of s**t but I feel that our WRs do not help our QB

I honestly think biggest problem with NIUs QB is NIUs head coach. You get coaching straightened out, things would turn quick
11-21-2018 04:41 PM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(11-21-2018 04:06 PM)OldTtimeNIU Wrote:  The biggest issue with our QB is that he does not see the field well. He focuses on the first option unless he is scrambling

I agree. It reminds me of what I once heard Bill Maas say when he was commentating on an NFL Europe game.

The quarterback is not completing any passes, but the receivers are not catching any passes either.

Bill Maas had a way of pointing out what was completely obvious.
11-21-2018 04:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way

Of course they did. We run a total of like, 5 plays.
11-21-2018 05:47 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Ball State's WRs made a lot of catches in traffic on us. That's what we need
11-21-2018 06:06 PM
SiegInc Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU, Auburn
A better QB would only make a marginable difference, IMO. Our WR's can't hang onto the ball.
11-21-2018 06:24 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Hall is NOT a QB.Stop that dream. Not sure he a D1 football player, jury still out.
Our best hope is the FR QB or Thompson. I would like to see the true FR .
11-21-2018 06:59 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

(11-21-2018 06:24 PM)SiegInc Wrote:  A better QB would only make a marginable difference, IMO. Our WR's can't hang onto the ball.

A better QB would make a big difference
11-21-2018 07:08 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-21-2018 07:08 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(11-21-2018 06:24 PM)SiegInc Wrote:  A better QB would only make a marginable difference, IMO. Our WR's can't hang onto the ball.

Assuming we had a different coach. I dont think a new QB would make any difference at all if Carey stays. And of course we have an AD who really doesnt do his job so no chance head coach will ever be changed
11-21-2018 07:24 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(11-21-2018 07:24 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

Assuming we had a different coach. I dont think a new QB would make any difference at all if Carey stays. And of course we have an AD who really doesnt do his job so no chance head coach will ever be changed
Is there any question that we were better with Lynch at QB? That is not disputable.
11-21-2018 10:46 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

(11-21-2018 10:46 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

Is there any question that we were better with Lynch at QB? That is not disputable.

We were better last year when Santa was playing QB. WR have had drops but last year Santa had no problem linking up with WRs and making them look good. Then we played Childers and all the passing stats dramatically dropped. We were scoring points last year with Santa, now we have four games where we've scored 7 points or less and the worst scoring offense since 2007.
11-21-2018 11:13 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

Ugh, don't rub it in - with Santa and this defense...

And for all we know, Thompson and this defense...
11-21-2018 11:20 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-21-2018 11:13 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  

We were better last year when Santa was playing QB. WR have had drops but last year Santa had no problem linking up with WRs and making them look good. Then we played Childers and all the passing stats dramatically dropped. We were scoring points last year with Santa, now we have four games where we've scored 7 points or less and the worst scoring offense since 2007.

Literally everything Rod touches, turns bad. I think the word is out on NIU now, if you are a promising QB recruit, NIU is not even on your radar under any circumstance. That has become an earned reputation.
11-21-2018 11:45 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(11-21-2018 11:45 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-21-2018 07:08 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  A better QB would make a big difference

Literally everything Rod touches, turns bad. I think the word is out on NIU now, if you are a promising QB recruit, NIU is not even on your radar under any circumstance. That has become an earned reputation.

Alright now this is just crazy talk
11-22-2018 12:06 AM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

(11-21-2018 11:45 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-21-2018 07:08 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  A better QB would make a big difference

Ya I heard the #1 and #2 QB’s in high school were going to sign with NIU but heard Rod was extended, so they signed with Alabama and Ohio State instead.
11-22-2018 12:12 AM
badmoonrising13 Offline
Hall of Famer

We went from scoring 1 TD per game with Graham to 4 and 5 with Maddie so I think a QB would make a huge difference...
11-22-2018 09:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.