Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Message to MAC conference
Bookmark and Share
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
Message to MAC conference
The conference obviously hates us.

To the official who called targeting last night congratulations pal you probably cost the city of Detroit in the MAC Conference thousands of dollars.

Many fans including myself are now questioning whether to go to the MACC to see this type of garbage. I went from probable to doubtful. Just not worth it to see this type of product and officiating.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018 08:22 AM by RitzHuskie.)
11-21-2018 08:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UnknownScout Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
RE: Message to MAC conference
(11-21-2018 08:17 AM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  The conference obviously hates us.

To the official who called targeting last night congratulations pal you probably cost the city of Detroit in the MAC Conference thousands of dollars.

Many fans including myself are now questioning whether to go to the MACC to see this type of garbage. I went from probable to doubtful. Just not worth it to see this type of product and officiating.

My wife and I decided we weren't going after that game. A.) The Ref's have been more than unfair to NIU this year, so many penalties and 2 BAD targeting calls 1 which potentially cost us the game, while our opponents get off scott free with maybe 2 penalties per game, and B.) an embarrassing offense that is BORING to watch. I don't need to spend 12 hours in a car and then 4 more getting stressed when I can stress and raise my blood pressure at home and turn it off it it gets too bad.
11-21-2018 08:35 AM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
It's like the conference doesn't want us there despite our past success representing it.
11-21-2018 09:33 AM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

(11-21-2018 08:35 AM)UnknownScout Wrote:  

My wife and I decided we weren't going after that game. A.) The Ref's have been more than unfair to NIU this year, so many penalties and 2 BAD targeting calls 1 which potentially cost us the game, while our opponents get off scott free with maybe 2 penalties per game, and B.) an embarrassing offense that is BORING to watch. I don't need to spend 12 hours in a car and then 4 more getting stressed when I can stress and raise my blood pressure at home and turn it off it it gets too bad.

I’m usually not one to complain about the refs because calls eventually even out. But the last 2 games were unreal with how many flags were thrown on niu vs their opponent. I find it very hard to believe that Sutton smith and Co. were not being held once during these games. And that targeting call. One of the worst I’ve seen in all my years watching football. Wtf is Corcoran supposed to do in that situation? Fall to the ground so he doesn’t make contact with the QB? Such bullsh*t.
11-21-2018 09:41 AM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
Based on the rest of the season it's hard to say that we would get a fair shake from the officiating crew in Detroit either so why bother?
11-21-2018 09:54 AM
Miami (Oh) Yeah ! Offline
All American

I Root For: Collar Popping
Need all ladies officiating crew.
11-21-2018 10:04 AM
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(11-21-2018 09:41 AM)JoeNovak Wrote:  
(11-21-2018 08:35 AM)UnknownScout Wrote:  

I’m usually not one to complain about the refs because calls eventually even out. But the last 2 games were unreal with how many flags were thrown on niu vs their opponent. I find it very hard to believe that Sutton smith and Co. were not being held once during these games. And that targeting call. One of the worst I’ve seen in all my years watching football. Wtf is Corcoran supposed to do in that situation? Fall to the ground so he doesn’t make contact with the QB? Such bullsh*t.

He is supposed to tackle the QB without hitting the QB with his helmet. Like maybe just put an arm on the QB as the QB was already falling to the ground. Of course that is easy for me to say, as I watch the slow-motion replay while sitting on my bar stool.

It takes a certain amount of fierce aggression to break through the blockers and reach the QB, but when you get there, you have to treat him like a puppy. Meanwhile, it is perfectly okay for the QB to break through your kid gloves and gain yards or throw a pass. Maybe it is time to bring back the in-the-grasp rule.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018 10:18 AM by Huskie_Jon.)
11-21-2018 10:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
I’m guessing it was the lowering of his helmet. He lead with the top. He did not make helmet to helmet contact, but that was just by chance. It was like he was guilty of intent.
11-21-2018 10:13 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
The thing is there was nothing Corcoran could have done. When Corcoran was running at the QB the QB had his back to him. How is he supposed to know the QB is going to turn around and face him as he's already 3 feet from him and his momentum will carry him through the QB.
11-21-2018 02:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Online
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
I guess you are supposed to tackle the guy with your hands while simultaneously jerking your head away to make sure there is no contact there.
11-21-2018 02:22 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

(11-21-2018 02:22 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  I guess you are supposed to tackle the guy with your hands while simultaneously jerking your head away to make sure there is no contact there.

That would lead to many defenders either looking silly or getting hurt themselves.
11-21-2018 02:31 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Online
Legend

(11-21-2018 02:31 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  
(11-21-2018 02:22 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  I guess you are supposed to tackle the guy with your hands while simultaneously jerking your head away to make sure there is no contact there.

That would lead to many defenders either looking silly or getting hurt themselves.

Sure - but they wouldn't get a penalty.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018 02:37 PM by NIU007.)
11-21-2018 02:36 PM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

(11-21-2018 02:36 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

That changes the whole dynamic of the game, as the following video demonstrates:

https://nypost.com/video/rat-shows-cat-whos-boss/
11-21-2018 03:27 PM
OldTtimeNIU Offline
1st String

(11-21-2018 02:05 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  The thing is there was nothing Corcoran could have done. When Corcoran was running at the QB the QB had his back to him. How is he supposed to know the QB is going to turn around and face him as he's already 3 feet from him and his momentum will carry him through the QB.

Excellent observation!!!!
11-21-2018 03:49 PM
NIU007 Online
Legend

(11-21-2018 03:27 PM)Huskie_Jon Wrote:  
(11-21-2018 02:36 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

That changes the whole dynamic of the game, as the following video demonstrates:

https://nypost.com/video/rat-shows-cat-whos-boss/

It would change the whole dynamic of the game and not in a good way. But that is what they are incentivizing.
11-21-2018 11:00 PM
Dtownboys Online
1st String

(11-21-2018 02:05 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  The thing is there was nothing Corcoran could have done. When Corcoran was running at the QB the QB had his back to him. How is he supposed to know the QB is going to turn around and face him as he's already 3 feet from him and his momentum will carry him through the QB.

Same for the Mykelti targeting. It looked to me he was on the ground and the runner made the contact with him. Bad call in my opinion.
11-22-2018 12:20 AM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(11-22-2018 12:20 AM)Dtownboys Wrote:  

Same for the Mykelti targeting. It looked to me he was on the ground and the runner made the contact with him. Bad call in my opinion.

I think Carey knew that in both cases as he went over to both players when they had to leave and gave them a pat on the back.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2018 11:22 AM by HuskiePride12.)
11-22-2018 11:21 AM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

The targeting rule is just bad, has to be changed...and the fact that what some ref says for a 15 yard penalty, can keep a player out the first half of a conference champ game? Ridiculous.

One other MAC gem, I think I saw 7 say on twitter that NIU has had shorter rest than it's opponent in each of it's last 5 games? Is that true? If so, idiotic.
11-22-2018 01:46 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
(11-22-2018 01:46 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  The targeting rule is just bad, has to be changed...and the fact that what some ref says for a 15 yard penalty, can keep a player out the first half of a conference champ game? Ridiculous.

One other MAC gem, I think I saw 7 say on twitter that NIU has had shorter rest than it's opponent in each of it's last 5 games? Is that true? If so, idiotic.

Rest doesn't make the QB make better decisions or correct reads or better throws. Sounds like an excuse to me. Almost every starting MAC qb on our team and I wouldn't be surprised everyone of them has better numbers than Childers
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2018 12:15 AM by HuskiePride12.)
11-23-2018 12:14 AM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

(11-23-2018 12:14 AM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  
(11-22-2018 01:46 PM)17Huskies Wrote:  The targeting rule is just bad, has to be changed...and the fact that what some ref says for a 15 yard penalty, can keep a player out the first half of a conference champ game? Ridiculous.

Rest doesn't make the QB make better decisions or correct reads or better throws. Sounds like an excuse to me. Almost every starting MAC qb on our team and I wouldn't be surprised everyone of them has better numbers than Childers

lol, an excuse for what or for whom? None of what I said above had anything to do with Childers, why did you even bring it up? Moron.

Regardless of outcome/performance/whatever...if a conference can't figure out scheduling to give most teams equal rest on a regular basis, it's quite dumb. That's why I posted this in the 'MAC' thread, not some Childer's thread, bud.
11-23-2018 12:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.