Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Mathew Murrell!!!
Bookmark and Share
dannyq Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Mathew Murrell!!!
Did anyone check him out tonight. He is explosive!!!
11-21-2018 12:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

RE: Mathew Murrell!!!
(11-21-2018 12:57 AM)dannyq Wrote:  Did anyone check him out tonight. He is explosive!!!

Yes I was there. He runs the floor well and attacks the rim hard. Head looks like it’s up there close to the rim. The thing about him is he is going to get better and better. Really athletic. Can score in bunches.
11-21-2018 01:09 AM
Sean6305 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Tiger
11-21-2018 01:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rolexjames Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Did anyone see the 7-4 kid? Is he a project
11-21-2018 02:36 AM
dannyq Offline
2nd String

(11-21-2018 02:36 AM)rolexjames Wrote:  Did anyone see the 7-4 kid? Is he a project

I think so but he has some work to do. If he can put it together there is definitely something there.
11-21-2018 03:10 AM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Here is his highlight video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU-Lff5LF2U
11-21-2018 11:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-21-2018 12:57 AM)dannyq Wrote:  Did anyone check him out tonight. He is explosive!!!

Judging from the tweets he looked awesome again last night.
01-16-2019 09:22 AM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
This kid is smooth as silk. I'm always shocked at how little he is discussed on this board.

A year away thing? HS c/o 2020
Team Thad thing?
Or do people think he is less talented than I do?

B/c I think this kid is Joe Jackson type smooth with more size. He is athletic as can be. If he were 6'6", I feel like he'd be a Top 10 kid in his class. Thoughts?
01-29-2019 12:18 PM
misplaced tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For:
He played for Bluff City (Team Penny) this summer. I think he only switched to Thad to keep playing after BC was done.

Don't worry too much. Most fans can only get excited about next years recruiting class. Murrell is good and everyone knows it. Penny has been on him since he took the job.

Just my opinion, but I think the only thing keeping him away is if we have too many at his position, which is possible. (i.e. Damion Baugh)
01-29-2019 01:17 PM
hartlessnhere Online
Special Teams

(01-29-2019 01:17 PM)misplaced tiger Wrote:  He played for Bluff City (Team Penny) this summer. I think he only switched to Thad to keep playing after BC was done.

Don't worry too much. Most fans can only get excited about next years recruiting class. Murrell is good and everyone knows it. Penny has been on him since he took the job.

Just my opinion, but I think the only thing keeping him away is if we have too many at his position, which is possible. (i.e. Damion Baugh)
AND THIS TOO MAYBE???
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...een-182978
- He's a legitimate possibility

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...ton-182969
- rumored that Green & Hampton want to play together in college

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...ker-184917
- Since his decommit it's been stated that Memphis & Nevada are his favorites

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...nix-231606

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...ler-179960
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2019 02:10 PM by hartlessnhere.)
01-29-2019 02:06 PM
tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
It might be the same situation as Chandler Lawson, without any of the baggage.

We are simply recruiting players that are better. Now, if we don't land any of them this season, then maybe next season we change our philosophy a little and don't let a great player slip by while chasing after an extremely great player.
01-29-2019 02:29 PM
Advertisement

rolexjames Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Murrell is athletic and could be a tweener. He is deadly inside the arc. That said I want him to be a Tiger. The staff has to decide if they want players who would help them win the chip in 2021 Green, Hampton or someone like Murrell would could help them win in 2022.
01-29-2019 02:33 PM
450bench Offline

Murrell is a lock for Penny.
01-29-2019 02:43 PM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
(01-29-2019 02:33 PM)rolexjames Wrote:  Murrell is athletic and could be a tweener. He is deadly inside the arc. That said I want him to be a Tiger. The staff has to decide if they want players who would help them win the chip in 2021 Green, Hampton or someone like Murrell would could help them win in 2022.

04-cheers That's a decision I could get behind EITHER WAY! GTG
01-29-2019 03:13 PM
tkgrrett Offline
All American

(01-29-2019 02:29 PM)tigernole79 Wrote:  It might be the same situation as Chandler Lawson, without any of the baggage.

We are simply recruiting players that are better. Now, if we don't land any of them this season, then maybe next season we change our philosophy a little and don't let a great player slip by while chasing after an extremely great player.

Ehh don't think we will be recruiting over Murrell. He is an elite athlete and great shooter from the guard spot. Many are expecting him to keep climbing the rankings and to finish up in the top 50
01-29-2019 04:12 PM
tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
(01-29-2019 04:12 PM)tkgrrett Wrote:  
(01-29-2019 02:29 PM)tigernole79 Wrote:  It might be the same situation as Chandler Lawson, without any of the baggage.

Ehh don't think we will be recruiting over Murrell. He is an elite athlete and great shooter from the guard spot. Many are expecting him to keep climbing the rankings and to finish up in the top 50

Unless he moves into the top3, we are recruiting over him.
01-29-2019 05:01 PM
Advertisement

Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

He started getting national attention last summer and has really blown up. Memphis has always grown guards. 4 stars stick around a few years so yes, I'll take an athletic four star Memphis kid that can score inside the 3 bubble. The Doom Haynes bank served us well.

Fill up close to home when you can and fill in with 1 or2 5 stars when you can get them. That will keep you deep in the tourney.
01-29-2019 05:08 PM
rolexjames Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-29-2019 05:08 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  

He started getting national attention last summer and has really blown up. Memphis has always grown guards. 4 stars stick around a few years so yes, I'll take an athletic four star Memphis kid that can score inside the 3 bubble. The Doom Haynes bank served us well.

Fill up close to home when you can and fill in with 1 or 2 5 stars when you can get them. That will keep you deep in the tourney.

You can say what you want about those Lawson boys but one thing is for sure. They swallow rebounds. They have always had a nose for the ball and could rebound.
01-29-2019 05:28 PM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

(01-29-2019 05:01 PM)tigernole79 Wrote:  

Unless he moves into the top3, we are recruiting over him.

Doesn’t matter if some aren’t top rated recruits. Penny has already stated that he will recruit glue guys that aren’t 5 stars. We need them for the stability of the program. I think Mathew fits that description.
01-29-2019 05:33 PM
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers
U try to get this kid any which way possible,he’s that good.
01-29-2019 05:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.