Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anybody but Childers
Bookmark and Share
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
Anybody but Childers
I’m sorry I’ve seen more than enough from this kid. He could run every now and then but he can’t hit the broad side of a barn. The offensive play calling also doesn’t help but I’ve grown so frustrated with all the air mailed throws. Childers telegraphs every throw and if his first read is covered he can’t make the progressions and gets sacked. He literally cost us the last 2 games. It’s time to move on.
11-20-2018 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
RE: Anybody but Childers
(11-20-2018 10:42 PM)JoeNovak Wrote:  I’m sorry I’ve seen more than enough from this kid. He could run every now and then but he can’t hit the broad side of a barn. The offensive play calling also doesn’t help but I’ve grown so frustrated with all the air mailed throws. Childers telegraphs every throw and if his first read is covered he can’t make the progressions and gets sacked. He literally cost us the last 2 games. It’s time to move on.

Really have to get Carey out of there for any real change. It is as simple as that. Needs to be open QB competition next year, but not under this horrendous coach. Just an awful coach
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018 10:46 PM by MaddDawgz02.)
11-20-2018 10:44 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
It's not like they gave anyone else any meaningful reps this year to prepare them in case they were needed.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2018 10:45 PM by bikechuck.)
11-20-2018 10:44 PM
NIUfrank Offline
Special Teams

Hahaha

Where were all you guys last week when the idiot carey enthusiast were calling childers tua
11-20-2018 10:45 PM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

(11-20-2018 10:44 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-20-2018 10:42 PM)JoeNovak Wrote:  I’m sorry I’ve seen more than enough from this kid. He could run every now and then but he can’t hit the broad side of a barn. The offensive play calling also doesn’t help but I’ve grown so frustrated with all the air mailed throws. Childers telegraphs every throw and if his first read is covered he can’t make the progressions and gets sacked. He literally cost us the last 2 games. It’s time to move on.

Really have to get Carey out of there for any real change. It is as simple as that

I’m not his biggest fan, he doesn’t call the plays though. Coach U’s playcalling is garbage. Childers is a tough kid, just doesn’t have the arm to be successful.
11-20-2018 10:46 PM
pjfleck82 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, XFL 2001
If Marcus Childers was a movie he’d be “The Tooth Fairy.”
11-20-2018 10:47 PM
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

He’s had enough time to show what he can be. And you’re right. He lacks many physical tools, but what he lacks most is confidence and leadership. The Huskies are unwatchable with him at qb. I won’t be going to any games he is starting. Nothing personal to the young man, he just is painful to watch.
11-20-2018 10:48 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-20-2018 10:46 PM)JoeNovak Wrote:  

Really have to get Carey out of there for any real change. It is as simple as that

I’m not his biggest fan, he doesn’t call the plays though. Coach U’s playcalling is garbage. Childers is a tough kid, just doesn’t have the arm to be successful.

If you think this offense will change with a new QB that's crazy. Carey coaches out of fear and it translates to the field. Time to move on from Carey. Long past time.
11-20-2018 10:48 PM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

I also can’t tell if it’s lack of talent at the WR position or Childers is just soooo bad. And do we not have anyone with any decent speed to return kicks?
11-20-2018 10:49 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2018 10:48 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

If you think this offense will change with a new QB that's crazy. Carey coaches out of fear and it translates to the field. Time to move on from Carey. Long past time.

The offense did change with another qb. Maddie. Maddie was good. Offense was good. Childers is terrible. Offense is terrible. Same head coach.
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
Carey took over a program with a Heisman finalist at QB. Six seasons later and not a single capable QB on the roster. How is that possible? Regular season is over and NIU only exceeded 200 passing yards in one game, a blowout loss.

Enough with the excuses. NIU officially owns one of the worst offenses in all of FBS. Poor coaching, recruiting, and QB development falls squarely on the coaches.
Advertisement

NIUfrank Offline
Special Teams

Do you see carey barking in the headset on offense. Hr definitely has influence on play calling.

I now believe its carey who pushes for fair catches on every punt now too. Nuders everyone.
11-20-2018 10:51 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-20-2018 10:49 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  Carey took over a program with a Heisman finalist at QB. Six seasons later and not a single capable QB on the roster. How is that possible? Regular season is over and NIU only exceeded 200 passing yards in one game, a blowout loss.

Enough with the excuses. NIU officially owns one of the worst offenses in all of FBS. Poor coaching, recruiting, and QB development falls squarely on the coaches.

Amen Huskietap, we dont agree often but I 100 percent agree
11-20-2018 10:51 PM
NIUfrank Offline
Special Teams

(11-20-2018 10:51 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-20-2018 10:49 PM)HuskieTap22 Wrote:  Carey took over a program with a Heisman finalist at QB. Six seasons later and not a single capable QB on the roster. How is that possible? Regular season is over and NIU only exceeded 200 passing yards in one game, a blowout loss.

Are you sure you wont flip flop when you're off your meds and niu wins?
11-20-2018 10:55 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-20-2018 10:55 PM)NIUfrank Wrote:  
(11-20-2018 10:51 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

Are you sure you wont flip flop when you're off your meds and niu wins?

I need meds tonight. Strong ones after watching that
11-20-2018 10:57 PM
JoeNovak Offline
1st String

Who’s #2 on the depth chart? Thompson?
11-20-2018 11:01 PM
Advertisement

ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

We get it Rain Man
11-20-2018 11:02 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

At least we have 3 Huskie bball games to give us a football break this weekend.
11-20-2018 11:02 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2018 11:01 PM)JoeNovak Wrote:  Who’s #2 on the depth chart? Thompson?

Yes, Thompson has been the 2. Not sure where Graham is at or healthy. Honestly, I’d love to see Graham in the MACC. I’d go to Detroit for sure. Childers no chance. You can now pencil in 120 yards. 1 TD and 2 ints. And 10+ bad decisions for Marcus. He has lost this entire offense for sure.
11-20-2018 11:04 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2018 11:02 PM)ChicagoHuskie Wrote:  

We get it Rain Man

He does this every time Childers looks terrible. Instead of just evaluating Childers mechanics and decision making, he defaults to Carey to avoid admitting Childers is not fit to lead a team.
11-20-2018 11:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.