Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Champs again, UNC wins #44
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
National Champs again, UNC wins #44
Carolina's Field Hockey team defeated Maryland 2-0 on Sunday to win the school's 44th NCAA National Championship.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/fieldhockey/ar...y-national

Carolina finished the season with a 23-0 record and for the season outscored all opponents by a margin of 104-16.
Sunday was the 7th time that Carolina and Maryland had played each other in the National Championship game.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2018 06:02 AM by XLance.)
11-20-2018 05:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
RE: #44 National Champs again
Congratulations Tar Heels!

After last year's loss to UConn, I thought this would be Maryland's year. But we were chasing you in the rankings all season. Anyway, there's no shame in losing to your championship squad. You definitely earned your first place finish.
11-20-2018 10:50 AM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(11-20-2018 10:50 AM)NJ2MDTerp Wrote:  Congratulations Tar Heels!

After last year's loss to UConn, I thought this would be Maryland's year. But we were chasing you in the rankings all season. Anyway, there's no shame in losing to your championship squad. You definitely earned your first place finish.

Just further evidence that Maryland is playing in the wrong sandbox.
The Heels and Terps have battled for Lacrosse (men's and women's), field hockey and other "prep school" championships over the last several years.
Maryland is losing their "country club" status now that they have decided to live among the common folk of middle america.
11-20-2018 12:57 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
(11-20-2018 12:57 PM)XLance Wrote:  

The Heels and Terps have battled for Lacrosse (men's and women's), field hockey and other "prep school" championships over the last several years.
Maryland is losing their "country club" status now that they have decided to live among the common folk of middle america.

When you get the chance to be a rival to Rutgers...you take it.03-lmfao
11-20-2018 01:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
(11-20-2018 01:50 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

HaHaHa...you know you miss them.
11-20-2018 05:05 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
When I saw #44 in the Title I thought it was about a different ACC school...
11-20-2018 07:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(11-20-2018 05:05 PM)NJ2MDTerp Wrote:  
(11-20-2018 01:50 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

HaHaHa...you know you miss them.

04-cheers They (fans) are so much fun to mess with...
11-20-2018 09:52 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

(11-20-2018 07:24 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  When I saw #44 in the Title I thought it was about a different ACC school...

Me too...I was saying we won a natty and I didn't hear about it.
11-20-2018 09:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.