UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA Home Attendance 2018
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I Root For: UAB
CUSA Home Attendance 2018
Marshall had 18000 or so at their game today which dropped them into 3rd place on the season in attendance and behind UAB. UAB averaged 24,291 & Marshall had just over 24,000.

No way can UAB realistically drop below 2nd.

UTSA is currently 1st in attendance at around 25,500 however their attendance has been dropping each week. I think they also had a P5 game to bump it up. (Nothing wrong with that)

If UTSA doesn't draw more than they did at their last game (under 17000) then UAB would once again finish the season with the top attendance.

So UAB followed by Marshall and/or UTSA with North Texas and Southern Miss having over 20,000.

Our next opponent MTSU averages around 15,500 for games and may have plenty of spots available for someone to head up next weekend.
11-17-2018 10:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GreenGiant67 Offline
never any doubt

I Root For: the UAB Blazers
RE: CUSA Home Attendance 2018
When we host the CUSA championship game, that will help our attendance as well. I would anticipate 35,000+ for that game.
11-17-2018 11:07 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Sure, but I wouldn't consider that as a part of the regular season attendance.
I also would guess around 28,000 with 32,000 max depending on the opponent.
11-17-2018 11:11 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
(11-17-2018 11:11 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Sure, but I wouldn't consider that as a part of the regular season attendance.
I also would guess around 28,000 with 32,000 max depending on the opponent.

Who are our likely opponent(s) as of this week's results?
11-17-2018 11:29 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

If FIU beats Marshall next week and we win we play FIU at Legion Field I believe.

If MTSU beats us & FIU loses we play at MTSU.

If FIU beats Marshall and we lose next week I think we still host FIU at Legion however this may depend on who is the higher ranked team.
11-18-2018 12:32 AM
Mungumry Blazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Blazers,Colts
And the end of the newscast Friday evening the general manager of WVTM channel 13 did an opinion piece. In it he stated that UAB was having poor attendance again, which was the very reason UAB lost it's football program to begin with. He challenged people to not buy UAB tix but actually go to the games. He also stated that the downtown stadium was "several years" away. He obviously doesn't really know the true history and the real reason we lost the program. The piece just really left a bad taste in my mouth. I wish the public would judge us on our PEERS and not the attendance of SEC schools.
11-18-2018 10:12 AM
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
(11-18-2018 12:32 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  If FIU beats Marshall next week and we win we play FIU at Legion Field I believe.

If FIU beats Marshall and we lose next week I think we still host FIU at Legion however this may depend on who is the higher ranked team.

That’s true. Would depend on who is higher FIU or. Us in the CFP. Probably would really close actually.
11-18-2018 10:14 AM
biglizard Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-18-2018 10:12 AM)Mungumry Blazer Wrote:  And the end of the newscast Friday evening the general manager of WVTM channel 13 did an opinion piece. In it he stated that UAB was having poor attendance again, which was the very reason UAB lost it's football program to begin with. He challenged people to not buy UAB tix but actually go to the games. He also stated that the downtown stadium was "several years" away. He obviously doesn't really know the true history and the real reason we lost the program. The piece just really left a bad taste in my mouth. I wish the public would judge us on our PEERS and not the attendance of SEC schools.

He's a USM grad and announced his retirement the same day. A parting shot
11-18-2018 10:17 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(11-18-2018 10:12 AM)Mungumry Blazer Wrote:  And the end of the newscast Friday evening the general manager of WVTM channel 13 did an opinion piece. In it he stated that UAB was having poor attendance again, which was the very reason UAB lost it's football program to begin with. He challenged people to not buy UAB tix but actually go to the games. He also stated that the downtown stadium was "several years" away. He obviously doesn't really know the true history and the real reason we lost the program. The piece just really left a bad taste in my mouth. I wish the public would judge us on our PEERS and not the attendance of SEC schools.

I agree with you. I've been wishing that since 1996 but our reality is that's never going to happen. Our school is where it is and the surrounding area is what it is, the heart of SEC country.

Read an interesting comment by a Houston fan a while back. Their attendance has taken a hit the last few seasons although their record has been pretty good. He said, 'This is a frontrunner town. If you aren't beating the "big" teams and mentioned by the national press, nobody gives a ****". That sounds like Birmingham except multiple it a few times when it comes to college football.

We're ahead of schedule considering what was done to us. Just keep building and improving.
11-18-2018 10:31 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

that guy is an *******.
11-18-2018 10:40 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

And if I didn't mention it above, last season we had the 46 thousand game factored in to attendance.

This season we didn't.

The core number of fans in attendance grew this season from last season.
11-18-2018 10:42 AM
Advertisement

UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
(11-18-2018 10:14 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  
(11-18-2018 12:32 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  If FIU beats Marshall next week and we win we play FIU at Legion Field I believe.

That’s true. Would depend on who is higher FIU or. Us in the CFP. Probably would really close actually.

it was sorry piece of journalist unhappy of UAB success and it was his way to stick to UaB
Nobody read newspaper anymore and especially editorial
the old man may him better after this sorry editoral ,,,but at the end nobody care about someone retired
11-18-2018 10:42 AM
kdblazer Offline
All American

Our attendance numbers are increasing so screw those detractors. We are closer to the 30k threshold than some people think. We probably could have hit it this year with one schedule change but that's another story.
11-18-2018 02:32 PM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

(11-17-2018 10:50 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Marshall had 18000 or so at their game today which dropped them into 3rd place on the season in attendance and behind UAB. UAB averaged 24,291 & Marshall had just over 24,000.

UTSA is currently 1st in attendance at around 25,500 however their attendance has been dropping each week. I think they also had a P5 game to bump it up. (Nothing wrong with that)

If UTSA doesn't draw more than they did at their last game (under 17000) then UAB would once again finish the season with the top attendance.

So UAB followed by Marshall and/or UTSA with North Texas and Southern Miss having over 20,000.

Our next opponent MTSU averages around 15,500 for games and may have plenty of spots available for someone to head up next weekend.

UTSA played Baylor in the first week and I think Texas State within the first games as well. Texas State is close to UTSA.

Marshall hosted NC State when they were ranked.

We would have been 1st if we played a Power 5 are an in state school at home.
Great job overall. Attendance is not an issue in my opinion.
11-18-2018 08:37 PM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

(11-17-2018 10:50 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Marshall had 18000 or so at their game today which dropped them into 3rd place on the season in attendance and behind UAB. UAB averaged 24,291 & Marshall had just over 24,000.

UTSA played Baylor in the first week and I think Texas State within the first games as well. Texas State is close to UTSA.

11-18-2018 08:37 PM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

(11-18-2018 08:37 PM)Steel Dragon Wrote:  

UTSA 25,676 After 5 games
UAB 24,291 after 6 games
UNT goes to UTSA this week. There is a possibility that we will lead the league in attendance after this weeks game.
11-19-2018 05:38 PM
Advertisement

the_blazerman Offline
Legend

11-19-2018 05:41 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

(11-19-2018 05:41 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  If UTSA doesn't draw more than they did at their last game (under 17000) then UAB would once again finish the season with the top attendance.

The magic number according to wolfram alpha is 17,366.
11-19-2018 10:51 PM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

Since I already don't have cable and don't watch broadcast TV either, I'm commencing a double boycott on WVTM.
11-20-2018 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

11-20-2018 10:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.