UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good job Blazer fans...welcome to Texas!
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
Good job Blazer fans...welcome to Texas!
I called the UAB ticket office to try to get some tickets for some friends and was told we sold out our entire allotment! That was very exciting to hear, regardless of the number. I was told we are in Section 131, so I’ll get as close to that section as possible. Regardless of the outcome, I’m looking forward to a fun night in College Station! I love playing so many games in my new home state. 04-rock
11-12-2018 06:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DragonLair Offline
1st String

I Root For: Uab
RE: Good job Blazer fans...welcome to Texas!
I’ll be there as well. The company I work for has a bunch of Aggie grads. My COO gave me a few tickets to attend!

On a side note I don’t have to spend any money to get there or while I’m there woohoo for work trips!
11-12-2018 07:34 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Speaking of traveling fans, it was quite interesting that the USM traveling fan base was smaller than there had been in the past.

Of course it had been several years since they had to play at Legion Field.

Not sure if it was the time of the game, the temperature of the game, the record of their team, or some combination of all.

They do have more USM fans that live around Birmingham than UAB does have fans that live around Hattiesburg.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2018 10:34 PM by the_blazerman.)
11-12-2018 10:34 PM
Advertisement

BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(11-12-2018 10:34 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Speaking of traveling fans, it was quite interesting that the USM traveling fan base was smaller than there had been in the past.

Not sure if it was the time of the game, the temperature of the game, the record of their team, or some combination of all.

They do have more USM fans that live around Birmingham than UAB does have fans that live around Hattiesburg.

I see USM tags and stickers on cars a good bit around the north Shelby area. They just looked so bad at Charlotte and then had a small home crowd for Marshall. They're better than their record but seems some of their base has given up.

Charlotte is getting to be a pain-in-the-ass place to play.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2018 08:41 AM by BlazerGreen.)
11-13-2018 08:36 AM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

(11-13-2018 08:36 AM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  
(11-12-2018 10:34 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Speaking of traveling fans, it was quite interesting that the USM traveling fan base was smaller than there had been in the past.

I see USM tags and stickers on cars a good bit around the north Shelby area. They just looked so bad at Charlotte and then had a small home crowd for Marshall. They're better than their record but seems some of their base has given up.

First, I was shocked USM didn’t bring a pep band. Second, we won’t have to play Charlotte again for a long time (unless it’s in the conference championship).
11-13-2018 08:58 AM
Advertisement

BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(11-13-2018 08:58 AM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  
(11-13-2018 08:36 AM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  

First, I was shocked USM didn’t bring a pep band. Second, we won’t have to play Charlotte again for a long time (unless it’s in the conference championship).

Good news on Charlotte. I know they are frustrated with their coach but they seem to be on track, at least on the field, for such a young program.
11-13-2018 09:05 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

Well, we haven't carried a pep band to Southern Miss in a while either.

Will be interesting to see how many we have going to Murfreesboro.
11-13-2018 09:28 AM
Advertisement

jcduncan13 Offline
All American

(11-13-2018 09:28 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  Well, we haven't carried a pep band to Southern Miss in a while either.

Will be interesting to see how many we have going to Murfreesboro.

We took a pep band to USM last year and in 14 I believe? I’ll be going to Murfreesboro and from what I see on social media we might have a great crowd there.
11-13-2018 09:43 AM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I'm getting older & more forgetful apparently.

I did not go to USM last year but went the previous 2 times.
11-13-2018 10:05 AM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

(11-13-2018 10:05 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I'm getting older & more forgetful apparently.

I did not go to USM last year but went the previous 2 times.

What’s also weird is that they brought their band in 2013 when they hadn’t won a game.
11-13-2018 10:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.