Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MBB: Dukes host Bridgewater (Monday, 7pm, MadiZone)
Bookmark and Share
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
MyBB MBB: Dukes host Bridgewater (Monday, 7pm, MadiZone)
Hoping to see continued improvement by the guys. Hopefully, Jacobs can get going and we can see more of Hicklin off the bench.

We need to get Lewis going as well. He's done OK, but he can play much better. More specifically, cutting down the turnovers.
11-11-2018 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nyduke Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
RE: MBB: Dukes host Bridgewater (Monday, 7pm, MadiZone)
Dukes77
Bridgewater 52
11-11-2018 04:27 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
MBB: Dukes host Bridgewater (Monday, 7pm, MadiZone)
Would love to see us stay under 14 turnovers to demonstrate it as a huge point of emphasis
11-11-2018 04:55 PM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
I thought the EMU/B'water DIII gigs were one year rotating?

I hope to see Parker at the point. Lewis playing point if Parker is in foul trouble or getting a breather, fine. I don't care if Parker can't shoot, Lewis is not a PG and watching a player with his talent stumbling around the point is painful to watch and a recipe for a turnover to great play metric of 3 to 1.

Lewis deserves knowing what the hell his role is on this team and if his role is PG, Rowe is crazy. Even if Parker is not 100% ready he should be getting a lot of time at the PG position. Parker should be at the point the entire B-water game getting experience/ready ASAP especially playing a DIII team.

The strips, trips, high arching lob passes and down right hard to watch basketball that comes without a point guard on the floor has to stop already. Rowe recruited Parker, Rowe praises Parker, Rowe, please use Parker.
11-11-2018 05:43 PM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
Nothing to see here in another “game” against D III team and the Dukes get back to Division 1 basketball on Friday at Charlotte.

JMU will wrap up the trophy for the Shenandoah Valley championship tomorrow.

JMU 80
Bridgewater 50
11-11-2018 08:43 PM
Bogey Offline
2nd String

(11-11-2018 05:43 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  I thought the EMU/B'water DIII gigs were one year rotating?

I hope to see Parker at the point. Lewis playing point if Parker is in foul trouble or getting a breather, fine. I don't care if Parker can't shoot, Lewis is not a PG and watching a player with his talent stumbling around the point is painful to watch and a recipe for a turnover to great play metric of 3 to 1.

Lewis deserves knowing what the hell his role is on this team and if his role is PG, Rowe is crazy. Even if Parker is not 100% ready he should be getting a lot of time at the PG position. Parker should be at the point the entire B-water game getting experience/ready ASAP especially playing a DIII team.

The strips, trips, high arching lob passes and down right hard to watch basketball that comes without a point guard on the floor has to stop already. Rowe recruited Parker, Rowe praises Parker, Rowe, please use Parker.

Lewis was first team all rookie team last year playing the point. You could argue that he should have been rookie of the year. You need to go back and look at film from last year. I would not begin to disagree with anybody that Matt has been as disaster at point so far but pulling that plug at this point sounds like a fantasy league coaching move.
11-11-2018 09:05 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I see a bright future for Parker, but if you start him right now-who's gonna sit? Are you advocating a 4 guard lineup w/ all 4 guards being 6'5" and shorter?
11-11-2018 09:17 PM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

(11-11-2018 09:05 PM)Bogey Wrote:  
(11-11-2018 05:43 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  I thought the EMU/B'water DIII gigs were one year rotating?

Lewis was first team all rookie team last year playing the point. You could argue that he should have been rookie of the year. You need to go back and look at film from last year. I would not begin to disagree with anybody that Matt has been as disaster at point so far but pulling that plug at this point sounds like a fantasy league coaching move.

I am not knockin' Lewis at all, love his game. He is not a point guard. I'm not saying he sucks at PG either, it isn't his best game. I would think Lewis would love a PG setting him up for catch and shoots...all CAA.

We can't have 20 turnovers a game, we all agree on that...
11-11-2018 11:15 PM
NJDuke97 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jmu
This will all work out. Rowe has a lot of confidence in Parker, a true Freshman. Deshon will continue to get big minutes as the season progresses. Their offense has multiple guys with the ball in their hands (Mosely, Lewis, Parker) I wouldn't stress too much about a true PG. Parker will takethe ball up and set up the offense plenty when he is in there.
11-12-2018 06:52 AM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

Personally, I would like to see the front court players step up on defense in today's game. I saw too many ECU players end up behind the forwards and our body language/facial expressions, to me, said, "Hey, how did you get there?" Would like to see Zach Jacobs have a good game, and Matt Lewis cut down the turnovers as he continues his transition to a D1 PG (note: he is definitely a D1 player, so I'm just talking about PG specifically).
11-12-2018 09:47 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

I must be missing something here, Parker has logged 17 and 21 minutes in his first 2 college games and all of those minutes at PG. So he has basically been running the point for 50% of the time. That seems about the right % as he adjusts to the college game and you have Stuckey and Lewis who can also run some point as the lineup changes happen.
11-12-2018 11:03 AM
Advertisement

Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I think Lewis can play point. It's probably not his best position and Parker seems a more natural and better pure PG.

But Lewis problem is he just really needs to stop trying so hard. I think the offseason hype has effected him. He's trying to live up to it instead of just letting the game come
naturally to him. Sometimes, that means letting someone else be the star on the night. This is a talented team. He'll have his days to shine if he doesn't press.

the problem with taking lewis out is that he is very disruptive on defense. Many of Banks' steals are a result of his anticipation but also of Lewis hounding of the guy with the ball leading to an errant pass. We need Matt in the game for that reason as much as what he can contribute offensively. But again, I think much of his TO problem is just trying too hard to be the "star"
11-12-2018 11:17 AM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

(11-12-2018 11:03 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  

I must be missing something here, Parker has logged 17 and 21 minutes in his first 2 college games and all of those minutes at PG. So he has basically been running the point for 50% of the time. That seems about the right % as he adjusts to the college game and you have Stuckey and Lewis who can also run some point as the lineup changes happen.

You are not missing anything, maybe I am reading into a recent Rowe quote too much, "Matt is settling in at PG."

I just don't want to see/watch the wings behind the 3 point line holding the ball in a panic having already used their dribble turning the ball over like clock work. It's great that Mosely, Lewis and Banks can create but having to create with the clock running down seems like option two to me? I want (we all want) to see a PG setting players up for high percentage shots within their games. Easier said than done regardless of who plays PG.
11-12-2018 11:28 AM
jmudukes Offline
2nd String

I Root For: jmu
(11-12-2018 11:28 AM)Purplehazed Wrote:  
(11-12-2018 11:03 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  

Way to go Dukes - you are looking good!

You are not missing anything, maybe I am reading into a recent Rowe quote too much, "Matt is settling in at PG."

I just don't want to see/watch the wings behind the 3 point line holding the ball in a panic having already used their dribble turning the ball over like clock work. It's great that Mosely, Lewis and Banks can create but having to create with the clock running down seems like option two to me? I want (we all want) to see a PG setting players up for high percentage shots within their games. Easier said than done regardless of who plays PG.
11-12-2018 11:47 AM
Hart Foundation Offline
Heisman

Really the only curiosity for this game is will Alex Shulz continue his dominance of DIII teams and score on a 6'3" forward with a power layup followed by a rejection at the rim on the defensive end?
I was somewhat disappointed that he didn't dunk on Eastern Mennonite last week. The crowd would have gone wild. 04-rock

It is interesting to note this is another one of those fuzzy math games. Somehow this counts as a game for JMU, but an exhibition for the vaunted Bridgewater Eagles. Only the winner will put this one in the official record books. 01-wingedeagle
11-12-2018 06:04 PM
JacksonHall Offline
1st String

(11-11-2018 09:05 PM)Bogey Wrote:  

This.

The guy I'd like to see with more bench time tonight is Pinkard. We already know what we get with him. Play Hicklin and Urbach and let's see what they've got. Some intangibles show up in real games that aren't seen in practice.
11-12-2018 06:25 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

Wow...Bridgewater looks tiny
11-12-2018 07:04 PM
JacksonHall Offline
1st String

What I said about Pinkard just reinforced. That was an awful, sloppy turnover.
11-12-2018 07:21 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

16-13 BC at the 12:00 minute mark. We look uninterested and sloppy. We could dump in in to Wilson on every possession if we wanted....
11-12-2018 07:22 PM
jmuduke10 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison U
(11-12-2018 07:22 PM)olddawg Wrote:  16-13 BC at the 12:00 minute mark. We look uninterested and sloppy. We could dump in in to Wilson on every possession if we wanted....

Literally. Every. Possession. Its so easy, just go with what works
11-12-2018 07:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.