ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ODU vs. VMI
AimHigher Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
ODU vs. VMI
It's been over two years since VMI has beaten an FCS team. Their only victory over the last two years is vs. a D2 school. I'm surprised they haven't dropped down to D2 or D3 because their program has been awful for nearly a decade or more.

This will be our 66th game at Foreman Field. We have a chance to put video game numbers up vs. VMI. I say we score 66 points to closeout Foreman Field or get 66 points with the starters and let the 2nd and 3rd string players run it up to 82 the age of Foreman Field. I just want to see near perfect game played by us vs. VMI.
11-11-2018 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: ODU vs. VMI
I want to see Arnold to play the 3rd and Fitz the 4th. This should be really ugly. Have to avoid being over confident but the just have nothing.
11-11-2018 09:08 AM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
This will be the least satisfying win we'll ever have. I'm still upset we scheduled this game. I love the history and tradition of VMI. It's a proud school and it's alumni have an incredibly special bond, but it's athletic prowess has waned and it's time for them to face reality. I hope our team plays with a little humility and remembers what it's like to be on the losing end.
11-11-2018 09:32 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

According to ESPN, VMI (3.1%) has a better chance of winning than we did against Va Tech (1.8%). Let's not just write this off as a win!
11-11-2018 09:50 AM
devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
VMI hasn't beaten a FCS school since early 2016.

This should be like Savannah State.
11-11-2018 11:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODUDJ96 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Monarchs!!!
It’s really a shame the refs blew the ECU game for us. We seem to be heading for a 5-7 season. I’m proud of the performance yesterday. We had a group tailgating in our lot from Texas (fun, respectful group) - and when we were walking to the game one of them would yell “North!” and then another would answer with “Texas!” And they did this the entire way to the stadium (in good nature, no ill intent). But we enjoyed walking back to the lot after the game replicating the chant. It’s actually a pretty cool chant.
11-11-2018 12:51 PM
Advertisement

monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

This should be an easy win, but I’m sure that’s what VT thought about us. Our guys better take it seriously. We can probably absorb some miscues in this one, but I’d hate to be embarrassed in the last game at FF. We should be confident, but not cocky about facing VMI.
11-11-2018 07:05 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

I just want a win. No foolishness, no funny business. If this were a steak and cigars kind of season, I'd say have some fun. Not this time. Pull far ahead just before halftime and let the young guys get some mileage afterward.
11-12-2018 05:21 PM
GotLabradors Offline
Special Teams

Anyone have any info on the postgame activities to say goodbye to Foreman?
11-12-2018 11:03 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2018 09:32 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  This will be the least satisfying win we'll ever have. I'm still upset we scheduled this game. I love the history and tradition of VMI. It's a proud school and it's alumni have an incredibly special bond, but it's athletic prowess has waned and it's time for them to face reality. I hope our team plays with a little humility and remembers what it's like to be on the losing end.

It probably didn't help that they dropped from the Southern to the Big South for a few years. They came back to the Southern in time, but it's hard to recover from a drop in conference quality. I think as long as El Cid remains D1, so too shall VMI.
11-13-2018 12:27 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(11-12-2018 11:03 PM)GotLabradors Wrote:  Anyone have any info on the postgame activities to say goodbye to Foreman?

Here is a detailed listing of the events and giveaways;
http://www.odusports.com/ViewArticle.dbm...=211780483
11-13-2018 03:23 PM
Advertisement

Brackintology Offline
Water Engineer

How does a shut out for the shut down of Foreman Field sound? Run it up in the first half, say 42 or 49, and let the entirety of dressed players get some playing time in the second half.
11-13-2018 05:15 PM
Punk Offline
1st String

DE Tim Ward tore knee ligaments on the final play vs North Texas and he is now done for the season.
11-13-2018 06:15 PM
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

Senior?

Sent from my SM-G965U using CSNbbs mobile app
11-13-2018 06:59 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2018 06:59 PM)bigblueodu Wrote:  Senior?

Yep. Career over.
11-13-2018 09:36 PM
bit_9 Offline

Dang. I saw them working on slmeone on field as everyone celebrated but couldn't tell. Tough way to go out but was part of nearly shutting NT down the entire 2nd half of that comeback win.

Posted from mobile device. Hopefully it's coherent.
11-14-2018 06:42 AM
Advertisement

Big Bluezilla Offline
All American

ODU vs. VMI
(11-13-2018 09:36 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(11-13-2018 06:59 PM)bigblueodu Wrote:  Senior?

Yep. Career over.

That totally sucks. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. I know the young man has worked extremely hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-14-2018 07:41 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

And he really had somewhat of a disappointing senior year as he battled injuries throughout. Sometimes, its hard to judge players because we don't know how injured they are. Injuries really derailed Wards senior year, which started out very promising. Best of luck to the young man.
11-14-2018 09:33 AM
DWING Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU & JMU & ECU
(11-14-2018 09:33 AM)Gilesfan Wrote:  And he really had somewhat of a disappointing senior year as he battled injuries throughout. Sometimes, its hard to judge players because we don't know how injured they are. Injuries really derailed Wards senior year, which started out very promising. Best of luck to the young man.

I will always remember him from his True Freshman season when he batted down a pass at EMU that preserved that opening day win. Thought his career here would be brighter, but as was said injuries had a major impact. I wish him nothing but the best!
11-14-2018 11:58 AM
Grommet Offline
Shamma Lamma Ding Dong

Ward wasn't the only D-lineman injured against NT (although not career-ending from what I've heard). We will get a chance to see how capable the reserves are, I think.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2018 05:59 PM by Grommet.)
11-14-2018 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.