Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Super Proud of UAB,
Bookmark and Share
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
Super Proud of UAB,
UAB has now clinched the West title in convincing fashion, standing atop the standings at 7-0, with one important game to go with Middle Tennessee.

Given your circumstances, this has to be one of the best comebacks (dare I say, “from the dead?”) In college football history. Everyone in CUSA should be celebrating your comeback, regardless of what happens from this point forward. It’s a great story, and one that the entire country should take note of.

With apologies to my eastern brethren, Middle Tennessee and FIU, who both have a realistic paths to the title game, I’ve got to root for an 8-0 conference record and a Blazer championship. What a comeback!

Give ‘em hell, Blazers!
11-11-2018 07:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Super Proud of UAB,
Thank you, kind sir.

After all we've been through, this has been a special year. If you'd told me in December 2014 that UAB would be playing 14 games in 2018, I'd have wondered if you'd gotten into the grapes.
11-11-2018 09:12 AM
BlueraiderJT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MTSU
What UAB has done is absolutely amazing. That president gets to be reminded of his cluster@#$! mistake of throwing that program under the bus on a daily basis and I hope every student and faculty member that walks by him reminds him of what he did. Bill Clark is a great man. Any other coach would have left but he stood strong with those young men that stayed and he rebuilt that thing to be stronger that it was before. That man not only deserves coach of the year but he should get into the NCAA football hall of fame.

The game at MT on Thanksgiving weekend will be awesome. I'll be there on the 50 and I can't wait. I think this might be the first game on that weekend at home that matters as much as it does.
11-11-2018 09:55 AM
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
Lucy has pulled the ball back on us at the last minute sooooooo many times over soooooo many years when we got to the tipping point games. This year we have actually kicked the freakin ball in 2 of those type games vs North Texas and USM. I wouldn’t trade Coach Clark for any coach alive or dead. Thanks for the props.

Of course having a dead coach would be all gross and all any way :)
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018 10:35 AM by UABGrad.)
11-11-2018 10:27 AM
Advertisement

SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
Clark is a winner all the way around.
11-11-2018 10:30 AM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
I'm also rooting for UAB. We need them to win out and win their bowl game so that CUSA can finish the season with a Top 25 team once again.
11-11-2018 10:56 AM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(11-11-2018 09:12 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Thank you, kind sir.

After all we've been through, this has been a special year. If you'd told me in December 2014 that UAB would be playing 14 games in 2018, I'd have wondered if you'd gotten into the grapes.

I'm pretty sure I told you exactly that. (I also told your daughter she'd march with the band again, but wasn't counting on the whole genius-graduating-early thing.)
11-11-2018 12:09 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(11-11-2018 12:09 PM)58-56 Wrote:  
(11-11-2018 09:12 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Thank you, kind sir.

I'm pretty sure I told you exactly that. (I also told your daughter she'd march with the band again, but wasn't counting on the whole genius-graduating-early thing.)

Indeed you did.

She got to march with the alumni at homecoming both this year and last.

She was the very pregnant little alto sax pixie.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018 02:48 PM by Smaug.)
11-11-2018 12:14 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Congrats to UAB! That is damn exciting! Win the rest of them.
11-11-2018 01:18 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
UAB! UAB! UAB!
11-11-2018 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Thank you. It’s humbling. Some of you may or may not know how hard many of us fought. I won’t call out their names but some of them actually post here that have been in the trenches raise thousands to millions of dollars marched in the streets marched on the capitol building. Our war is not over, it’s like we won the Battle of Britain.
It’s very emotional to many of us.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2018 03:11 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
11-11-2018 03:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(11-11-2018 03:09 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Thank you. It’s humbling. Some of you may or may not know how hard many of us fought. I won’t call out their names but some of them actually post here that have been in the trenches raise thousands to millions of dollars marched in the streets marched on the capitol building. Our war is not over, it’s like we won the Battle of Britain.
It’s very emotional to many of us.
Yeah, a lot of us view this success as a personal vindication, and deservedly so.

Sent from my XT1565 using CSNbbs mobile app
11-11-2018 03:51 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
We started the 2017 season ranked #130 of 130. We are now 12-0 at home since #The Return. Clinched the Western conference, and we'll roll into College Station 9-1 and #25 in the coach's poll - and they are unranked.

The only way this could get much better is to win out.

Thanks, y'all. There were thousands of us, rich and poor, who forced the administration (and the UAT Board of Trustees) to bring back our program. My thanks to each and every member of the Vocal Few who made it happen.
11-11-2018 04:01 PM
Advertisement

58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
It was deeply personal, and it had little to nothing to do with football.
11-11-2018 04:30 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

I Root For: UAB
(11-11-2018 04:30 PM)58-56 Wrote:  It was deeply personal, and it had little to nothing to do with football.

Amen!
11-11-2018 05:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.