Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Listening to Eric Hasseltine’s show
Bookmark and Share
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Listening to Eric Hasseltine’s show
I turned to Eric’s show briefly today and heard John Martin lowering his expectations for what type of year Penny and the Tigers can have this year.

Over the summer he was saying (along with Jason) that we could win the conference. Now it’s we should be happy with where they were picked, which was 4th. I guess lots of people became skeptical after the Tennessee Tech game because most of our guards played poorly, or at least shot the ball poorly.

I still say we’ll get into the ncaa tournament. I don’t think we will lose all of our tough out of conference games and I still say we’ll finish no worse than third in the league.
11-09-2018 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
RE: Listening to Eric Hasseltine’s show
I really have no idea where we are heading this season. I hope it is to the tournament, but that is a tall task considering where we ended last season and where we are beginning this season.

We started last season terrible and ended the season average. We are starting this season around average, hopefully by the end of the season we will be above average.
11-09-2018 04:02 PM
innman Offline
1st String

I will reserve judgement until I see how much Parks can go and if Thomas is eligible. We are small all over and on nights when we are not hitting our threes (see Tuesday) we may have trouble beating the middle teams in the AAC.

Fourth or Third would be fine for year one.
11-09-2018 04:05 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

Speaking of Lance Thomas, I wonder if the ncaa will have a decision on his eligibility before Tuesday? If not it’s ridiculous.
11-09-2018 04:10 PM
Eagle4Christ Offline
Thread killer

I Root For: Memphis
Just enjoy the ride. The Forum is sold out and Memphis basketball is fun again. Anything more this year is gravy.
11-09-2018 04:12 PM
Shooters Offline
1st String

No one has the ability to predict what type team we are based on what we have seen so far. This one game bull shite is getting old particularly with the media. Their philosophy seems to be you are only as good as your last game.
11-09-2018 04:13 PM
Advertisement

tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
Those shows tend to strive for controversial statements to keep listeners. I think it is nearly impossible to know where we will end up this early in the season.

I will say this, I love the style of play of the team. Love the enthusiasm of the fans (hope it keeps up). Love the potential of our recruiting class. That's enough to get me through this season on a positive note, regardless of how the season plays out.
11-09-2018 04:18 PM
southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
It's going to be a roller coaster this year.
11-09-2018 04:35 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
did it make your ears bleed?
11-09-2018 04:39 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(11-09-2018 04:39 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  did it make your ears bleed?

03-lmfao

No, I just thought it was odd coming from someone who was beating the drum daily on how we could win the conference and make the tournament.
11-09-2018 04:48 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
(11-09-2018 04:48 PM)Joe1 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

No, I just thought it was odd coming from someone who was beating the drum daily on how we could win the conference and make the tournament.

John Martin is just a kid and he's still very immature. He recently admitted to intentionally trolling Tigers fans on twitter last year during BB season. He said he had no idea why he even did it.
11-09-2018 04:58 PM
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(11-09-2018 04:58 PM)3601 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

John Martin is just a kid and he's still very immature. He recently admitted to intentionally trolling Tigers fans on twitter last year during BB season. He said he had no idea why he even did it.

He's a good kid. Works really hard at what he does. But isnt the smartest guy in the world.
11-09-2018 05:12 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(11-09-2018 05:12 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

03-lmfao

He's a good kid. Works really hard at what he does. But isnt the smartest guy in the world.

He seems to be a good kid. There is no doubt he is talented in his field, but yes he has a couple of real issues. The immaturity will work itself out in time, not sure if he will ever not be a d-bag though. Trolling is just part of his nature.
11-09-2018 05:50 PM
bariggins98 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tigers
(11-09-2018 04:13 PM)Shooters Wrote:  No one has the ability to predict what type team we are based on what we have seen so far. This one game bull shite is getting old particularly with the media. Their philosophy seems to be you are only as good as your last game.

Truth^^^^^.

Anyone that thinks the returning roster from last year + a bunch of freshmen (including 2 small guards who we will rely heavily on) is going to get an at large bid playing a much tougher schedule is absolutely insane.

The talent level of the freshmen is light years ahead of Tubby's slaw, but these guys are not one and done instant program changers. It will take time for them to adjust to the speed, size, and defense of high level D-1 ball. They are, however, the type of 4 year players every program needs to build a program, add depth, and enjoy special runs in 2-3 years.

Enjoy watching this team play an aggressive style, actually enjoy playing together, and hopefully grow into a team that can win the AAC Tournament. It's the only way we are getting to the Big Dance. Expecting an at large berth and wringing hands over every game with this roster is simply setting yourself up for disappointment. News flash, this team will lose several games before New Years (probably 5-7), will lose to some teams they shouldn't, beat some they shouldn't, but will be a whole lot more fun to watch than a bunch of JUCOs coached by a Sour Puss.
11-09-2018 06:44 PM
Bsquared-2 Offline
1st String

Our freshmen guards won’t play poorly the entire season. This is what it looks like early in the season when you play a lot of freshmen minutes. Come January, February we should be able to lean on some of those guys more. Really we just need 1 or 2 of the freshmen to step up a game to Compliment the upperclassmen. We have plenty of freshmen capable of having big games it’s just a matter of time.
11-09-2018 07:09 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

(11-09-2018 06:44 PM)bariggins98 Wrote:  
(11-09-2018 04:13 PM)Shooters Wrote:  No one has the ability to predict what type team we are based on what we have seen so far. This one game bull shite is getting old particularly with the media. Their philosophy seems to be you are only as good as your last game.

Truth^^^^^.

Anyone that thinks the returning roster from last year + a bunch of freshmen (including 2 small guards who we will rely heavily on) is going to get an at large bid playing a much tougher schedule is absolutely insane.

The talent level of the freshmen is light years ahead of Tubby's slaw, but these guys are not one and done instant program changers. It will take time for them to adjust to the speed, size, and defense of high level D-1 ball. They are, however, the type of 4 year players every program needs to build a program, add depth, and enjoy special runs in 2-3 years.

Enjoy watching this team play an aggressive style, actually enjoy playing together, and hopefully grow into a team that can win the AAC Tournament. It's the only way we are getting to the Big Dance. Expecting an at large berth and wringing hands over every game with this roster is simply setting yourself up for disappointment. News flash, this team will lose several games before New Years (probably 5-7), will lose to some teams they shouldn't, beat some they shouldn't, but will be a whole lot more fun to watch than a bunch of JUCOs coached by a Sour Puss.

Thanks for calling me insane.
11-09-2018 07:12 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame

03-lmfao

The kid posts videos of him unboxing sneakers. I can't believe a woman wants to **** him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app
11-09-2018 09:09 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(11-09-2018 05:50 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  

03-lmfao

He seems to be a good kid. ... not sure if he will ever not be a d-bag though.

03-lmfao
11-09-2018 09:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(11-09-2018 09:09 PM)fsquid Wrote:  

03-lmfao

The kid posts videos of him unboxing sneakers. I can't believe a woman wants to **** him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using CSNbbs mobile app

Man, I did stupid **** when I was in my early 20s too. Luckily, Friendster and MySpace aren't around anymore.
11-09-2018 09:57 PM
chrisd11 Offline
I came to party!!

I Root For: short skirts
(11-09-2018 04:12 PM)Eagle4Christ Wrote:  Just enjoy the ride. The Forum is sold out and Memphis basketball is fun again. Anything more this year is gravy.

It's not sold out

Come on man
11-09-2018 11:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.