Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

***College Football Playoff Top 25 Discussion Thread*** - 11/6/2018
TampaTom Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
***College Football Playoff Top 25 Discussion Thread*** - 11/6/2018
Here we go. Let's see Mississippi State vault into the Top 14, as is tradition.
11-06-2018 09:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DowdyPirate2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
RE: ***College Football Playoff Top 25 Discussion Thread*** - 11/6/2018
NC State and Syracuse in 13 and 14 is absolutely utterly ridiculous. Completely corrupt. Pathetic absolutely pathetic.
11-06-2018 09:37 PM
SUisBigEast4ever Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: 'Cuse, Buffalo
(11-06-2018 09:37 PM)DowdyPirate2 Wrote:  NC State and Syracuse in 13 and 14 is absolutely utterly ridiculous. Completely corrupt. Pathetic absolutely pathetic.

lol?

Syracuse led the entire game against Clemson until the final minute. There was also a crucial no-call where a Clemson DB grabbed a SU receiver or Syracuse might've won that game.

Name one team behind them that should be ahead of them.
11-06-2018 10:09 PM
DowdyPirate2 Offline
1st String

(11-06-2018 10:09 PM)SUisBigEast4ever Wrote:  
(11-06-2018 09:37 PM)DowdyPirate2 Wrote:  NC State and Syracuse in 13 and 14 is absolutely utterly ridiculous. Completely corrupt. Pathetic absolutely pathetic.

lol?

Syracuse led the entire game against Clemson until the final minute. There was also a crucial no-call where a Clemson DB grabbed a SU receiver or Syracuse might've won that game.

Name one team behind them that should be ahead of them.
Against Clemson’s 3rd stringer.

And lost to Pitt and needed OT to beat UNC.

Pretty much any team in the top 20 not named NC State or BC plus Utah State and Fresno State.
11-06-2018 10:19 PM
SUisBigEast4ever Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: 'Cuse, Buffalo
(11-06-2018 10:19 PM)DowdyPirate2 Wrote:  Against Clemson’s 3rd stringer.

Pretty much any team in the top 20 not named NC State or BC plus Utah State and Fresno State.

Syracuse was beating Clemson 16-7 when Trevor Lawrence was in there. He was injured right before halftime.

After Lawrence got injured Clemson came back.

So nice job completely lying. You just lost all credibility.

Clemson lost to Pitt the year they won the National Championship so should they have been eliminated from the playoffs for that loss?

There's a bunch of 3 loss teams behind Syracuse. Florida is #15 and just got clobbered by Missouri.

So again name a team behind Syracuse who should be ahead of them. Syracuse is 7-2 with a loss against the #2 team (whom they probably would've beat if not for a bad call).
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2018 10:24 PM by SUisBigEast4ever.)
11-06-2018 10:23 PM
Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Well UCF at 12th and Fresno is stuck at 23rd. It's been decided that UCF is not going to make the playoffs but they've spotted enough room to comfortably get another ny6 bowl even with a lose At least they didn't fall for the pollsters attempt to over ranked the mwc teams in the hopes that they could jump one of their 1 loss teams over our entire conference. 07-coffee3
11-06-2018 10:24 PM
Advertisement

TampaTom Offline
Special Teams

Utah State being nowhere in these rankings...and Fresno not moving up after a 45-point victory, is ABSOLUTEL BULLCRAP.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2018 11:55 PM by TampaTom.)
11-06-2018 11:54 PM
Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(11-06-2018 11:54 PM)TampaTom Wrote:  Utah State being nowhere in these rankings...and Fresno not moving up after a 45-point victory, is ABSOLUTEL BULLCRAP.

Ummm, read previous thread ^^^^03-phew03-phew
11-07-2018 12:20 AM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

(11-06-2018 10:24 PM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  Well UCF at 12th and Fresno is stuck at 23rd. It's been decided that UCF is not going to make the playoffs but they've spotted enough room to comfortably get another ny6 bowl even with a lose At least they didn't fall for the pollsters attempt to over ranked the mwc teams in the hopes that they could jump one of their 1 loss teams over our entire conference. 07-coffee3

If we do lose they’re punishing the aac by not ranking UC.
11-07-2018 12:40 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
Just Win, and root for Pitt

Glass Ceiling is officially at #12.
11-07-2018 06:27 AM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
Maybe when we get more tv money we can afford to pay the committee like the big schools must do.
11-07-2018 07:51 AM
Advertisement

DowdyPirate2 Offline
1st String

(11-06-2018 10:23 PM)SUisBigEast4ever Wrote:  

Syracuse was beating Clemson 16-7 when Trevor Lawrence was in there. He was injured right before halftime.

Clemson lost to Pitt the year they won the National Championship so should they have been eliminated from the playoffs for that loss?

There's a bunch of 3 loss teams behind Syracuse. Florida is #15 and just got clobbered by Missouri.

So again name a team behind Syracuse who should be ahead of them. Syracuse is 7-2 with a loss against the #2 team (whom they probably would've beat if not for a bad call).

It’s better that Syracuse blew a 2 score lead against a third stringer? Ok bucko. Syracuse sucks and will finish 1-2 in their last 3 games.
11-07-2018 08:35 AM
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Syracuse has that highly coveted QUALITY LOSS and moral victory!
11-07-2018 08:44 AM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(11-06-2018 10:23 PM)SUisBigEast4ever Wrote:  

I will say to you what I always get when I post something on your board...

GO BACK TO THE ACC BOARD.

Oh, and by the way... pointing out that Clemson came back on you with their backup QB in the game does not support your case.
11-07-2018 09:39 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
cuse is actually legit good this year

The CFP sucks and is basically a National Invitational for Blue Bloods

G5 has zero chance and 75%+ of the P5 teams have zero chance.

Unless they go 8 teams and one spot is for the top rated G5, its a boring sham CFP and I refuse to watch.

Ideally, if they wanted it to be fair, their should be 10 teams, one for each conference champion.

I know the P5 underlings will say, "not fair" because there will be top 10 P5 teams that played a tough schedule and won't get in the playoff, but my model is fair: P5 teams get 10x what G5 teams get for revenue. So, do something with all your money. You have silver spoons in your mouths. Do something with that money. You have advantages in resources G5 teams don't have (you get to pay asst coaches more, which mean continuity, you basically own most of your states for recruiting, etc.). It's completely fair.
11-07-2018 10:37 AM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-07-2018 10:37 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  cuse is actually legit good this year

Unless they go 8 teams and one spot is for the top rated G5, its a boring sham CFP and I refuse to watch.

Ideally, if they wanted it to be fair, their should be 10 teams, one for each conference champion.

I know the P5 underlings will say, "not fair" because there will be top 10 P5 teams that played a tough schedule and won't get in the playoff, but my model is fair: P5 teams get 10x what G5 teams get for revenue. So, do something with all your money. You have silver spoons in your mouths. Do something with that money. You have advantages in resources G5 teams don't have (you get to pay asst coaches more, which mean continuity, you basically own most of your states for recruiting, etc.). It's completely fair.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. With the way SoS is currently such a primary focus, before the first games are even played, the committee is already eliminating >50% of the nation because they don't have a strong enough schedule.

I'm really curious if UC's SoS next year will be enough to get in if they run the table. Even so if a P5 had that schedule, they could afford 1 loss and still get consideration.

We need to go to 8 teams, take the committee out of the majority of it. Bring in conference champs, G5 rep, and two others the committee can decide on.
11-07-2018 11:03 AM
Advertisement

vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
16 team playoff 10 conference champs plus 6 at large. Only 2 teams will play 4 playoff games. FCS, Division II & III have playoffs for years doesn’t seem to hurt the students. The 6 at large mollifies the entitled conferences and who knows maybe the American gets two teams in once in a while. What is the biggest sporting event in the country? NCAA Tournament. Why? Everyone has a shot to win, and people love the underdog. If Bama loses a first round game to Sunbelt champs Troy they cannot be excused for not caring and Troy will suddenly generate a ton of interest. Additionally I think this is a huge money maker. I think the small minded grubiness of the blue bloods is what’s preventing this from happening.
11-07-2018 11:08 AM
RuckleSt Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(11-07-2018 11:08 AM)vick mike Wrote:  16 team playoff 10 conference champs plus 6 at large. Only 2 teams will play 4 playoff games. FCS, Division II & III have playoffs for years doesn’t seem to hurt the students. The 6 at large mollifies the entitled conferences and who knows maybe the American gets two teams in once in a while. What is the biggest sporting event in the country? NCAA Tournament. Why? Everyone has a shot to win, and people love the underdog. If Bama loses a first round game to Sunbelt champs Troy they cannot be excused for not caring and Troy will suddenly generate a ton of interest. Additionally I think this is a huge money maker. I think the small minded grubiness of the blue bloods is what’s preventing this from happening.

I 100% agree, unfortunately, this makes too much sense to ever happen. 03-banghead
11-07-2018 11:31 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(11-07-2018 11:03 AM)dubcat14 Wrote:  

I've said it before and I'll say it again. With the way SoS is currently such a primary focus, before the first games are even played, the committee is already eliminating >50% of the nation because they don't have a strong enough schedule.

I'm really curious if UC's SoS next year will be enough to get in if they run the table. Even so if a P5 had that schedule, they could afford 1 loss and still get consideration.

We need to go to 8 teams, take the committee out of the majority of it. Bring in conference champs, G5 rep, and two others the committee can decide on.

The answer is no. I’ll quickly summarize why—every P5 will play 8 to 9 games against P5 opponents just by virtue of thier conference schedule. Conversely, G5’s at the most, can play no more that 4 P5’s in a season (Most will never play more than 2 or 3). Thus, the SOS for any P5 will beat any G5. That means the best a G5 can have is the number 66th ranked SOS—and that’s assuming they beat out every independent schedule (BYU will be play more P5’s most years than any G5).

So, no, a G5 has zero shot at the playoff in the current system. It is a P5 invitational. CFP should stand for Cartel Football Pageant.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2018 11:37 AM by Attackcoog.)
11-07-2018 11:35 AM
PT_american Offline
1st String

I Root For: American

Personally I just want a realistic shot for a G5 team to make it. I don't think I would be excited to see a playoff field that included UAB, Buffalo, Georgia Southern and Utah State and UCF with Bama, Clemson, Michigan, Oklahoma and Wash St. Too many teams that aren't exciting with such a small field and I don't think TV would be excited at all either. Now having 1 or 2 G5's potentially with 6 P5's or whatever the numbers work out to would be good. It would give Cinderella a chance at least. I think it might change how the committee votes as well. Currently I think they are so P5 biased because they don't want a G5 in the top 4. Now if there is 8 I don't think they would care as much since the top teams are going to be in.
11-07-2018 12:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.