Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Villanova
Bookmark and Share
Tribe3455 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: William & Mary
Villanova
I looked, did not see a thread for this game so I decided to start one. Mods, ease delete if duplicating.

No Funderburke, Johnson or Herdman on two deep. Funderburke and Herdman our for awhile...any clues if they will come back. Johnson did not play last week. All three are good players for us.

Nova is way better than their record I believe. Lost a couple tight ones and have an fbs win against a most likely bowl bound temple team
11-06-2018 01:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tribeheart Online
Heisman

RE: Villanova
All about turnovers. Richmond had seven against them last week.

Will be interesting if Bednarczyk (shoulder) is still out. If we can get up on them early and force them to rely on their freshman QB passing them back in it, I like our chances. That freshman QB by the way is 6'7" 220 lbs. Got to get some QB pressure this week regardless of whose in there.

Assume Nick Fowler is back. Great interview with him.

Interesting to hear Jimmye say they don't know if Shon or Ted will start. Hope the week off pays big team dividends in fresh legs and game prep.

Regarding next year's schedule, Villanova could not get an FBS game, so, currently only has 10 set games, and is tentatively planning on the 11th game being against a Canadian team. W&M getting a 12th game may have been a difficult task.

Sent from my SM-N910V using CSNbbs mobile app
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2018 05:35 PM by Tribeheart.)
11-06-2018 04:42 PM
Zorch Offline
All American

I Root For: W&M
(11-06-2018 04:42 PM)Tribeheart Wrote:  Regarding next year's schedule, Villanova could not get an FBS game, so, currently only has 10 set games, and is tentatively planning on the 11th game being against a Canadian team. W&M getting a 12th game may have been a difficult task.

I don't buy it that getting a 12th game is that hard. For one thing, we can do what teams in the Big Sky (and sometimes MEAC and others) do almost every year. That is, play another CAA team but the game would not count in the conference standings. Some post I saw earlier said that there were 3-4 other CAA teams also without 12 games. I'm sure at least one of them must be one of the three teams that we are not already playing. (and even if that doesn't work for us, it would likely work for Villanova and several other of those CAA teams).

It is definititely doable -- and the sooner they start on it the easier it will be.
11-06-2018 11:39 PM
hktribefan Offline
1st String

Laycock stands at 248 wins. Would be great to win these last two and get to 250 for his career.
11-06-2018 11:56 PM
TribePride52 Offline
1st String

I Root For: William&Mary
Gavin Johnson announced on Instagram that he had surgery on his shoulder. Presumably out for the rest of the season.
11-08-2018 08:46 AM
SoCal Frank Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Wm and Mary
I recall seeing Howie Long and Lawrence Taylor on the Tribe sidelines vs Villanova at Zable. They had a mobile QB. It must have been a homecoming. I’m cheering for 250 for Coach Jimmye.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2018 09:00 PM by SoCal Frank.)
11-08-2018 08:58 PM
Advertisement

Zorch Offline
All American

(11-08-2018 08:58 PM)SoCal Frank Wrote:  I recall seeing Howie Long and Lawrence Taylor on the Tribe sidelines vs Villanova at Zable. They had a mobile QB. It must have been a homecoming. I’m cheering for 250 for Coach Jimmye.

Howie played for Villanova in his college days (in fact, Villanova dropped football for about 10 years in the '80s and so Howie was the last Villanova alum in the NFL at that time). I had never heard that LT was at that game but, since he is originally from W'burg, maybe he was just in town visiting family or friends. A great player; too bad his alma mater is UNC.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018 12:48 AM by Zorch.)
11-09-2018 12:47 AM
Tribe32 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tribe
They were shut down for the 81-84 seasons. Talley was brought in as coach and the rest is the history we know. We had a really solid DT that transferred in here when they shut the program down.
11-09-2018 06:18 AM
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

Someone needs to ream our CAA Commissioner out, if CAA football broadcasts are as scewed up next year as this year. Below is the link to his letter posted today on the Villanova site about viewing options for tomorrow. Bottom line is if you don't have and can't get access to Fox College Sports, you're out of luck. They will be charging $7.95 for it on CAAtv, but it won't be available on Roku.
https://villanova.com/documents/2018/11/..._11_10.pdf

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2018 05:34 PM by Tribeheart.)
11-09-2018 05:26 PM
bubbadog57 Offline
1st String

It is pathetic we're not on regular TV channels for football and basketball as we routinely used to be. You see the Patriot League and Ivy League routinely on such as MASN, Comcast, an ESPN Channel, NBC Sports, etc.

This cockamamie non-regular tv mix we have is confusing, hit and miss and makes no sense.
11-10-2018 06:46 AM
jsk928 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: William and Mar
(11-10-2018 06:46 AM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  It is pathetic we're not on regular TV channels for football and basketball as we routinely used to be. You see the Patriot League and Ivy League routinely on such as MASN, Comcast, an ESPN Channel, NBC Sports, etc.

This cockamamie non-regular tv mix we have is confusing, hit and miss and makes no sense.

+1
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2018 07:06 AM by jsk928.)
11-10-2018 07:06 AM
Advertisement

TheRealTribe Offline
Special Teams

The spread is now -14 Villanova making them two touchdown favorites.

Bednarczyk is back for them this week. This is a huge boost for them as the senior is one of the better quarterbacks in FCS. Speaking of seniors, it is their senior day as well.

Looks like they will have the majority of their team healthy for this one.

With all that being said, the spread makes sense to me. Hopefully we can protect the ball, score some points, and limit their offense. Both teams have a shot at a winning season on the line, could come down to who wants it more.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2018 08:50 AM by TheRealTribe.)
11-10-2018 08:41 AM
TribeNomad Offline
1st String

I Root For: W&M Tribe
(11-10-2018 07:06 AM)jsk928 Wrote:  
(11-10-2018 06:46 AM)bubbadog57 Wrote:  It is pathetic we're not on regular TV channels for football and basketball as we routinely used to be. You see the Patriot League and Ivy League routinely on such as MASN, Comcast, an ESPN Channel, NBC Sports, etc.

+1

Pathetic indeed. Not available on Roku on the CAA site. I see The Stadium streaming site has the Colgate-Lehigh game. They feature Patriot League action. I watch our away Patriot League away games there.

Not On College Sports site either, though the Towson, JMU and Delaware games are available there??
11-10-2018 09:07 AM
mrjoolius Offline
Hall of Famer

I could be wrong, but it feels like the CAA football package has gone downhill, while the CAA basketball offerings are improving by the year.
11-10-2018 09:43 AM
Zorch Offline
All American

(11-10-2018 09:43 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  ... the CAA basketball offerings are improving by the year.

How so? I remember a time when I could watch one CAA game every Wednesday night and two or even three CAA games every Saturday, on cable TV. Not so anymore. Thank goodness that at least I can watch Tribe home games on the internet.
11-10-2018 11:27 AM
billymac Offline
Heisman

Funderburke to return to action today.

Hefter to start.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2018 12:37 PM by billymac.)
11-10-2018 12:24 PM
Advertisement

hktribefan Offline
1st String

Villanova
I love bush league moves like this with having to pay. Means if any one small thing goes wrong I write a very strongly worded email about the absurdity of charging me for their screw ups, and then it inevitably gets refunded with sincere apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-10-2018 12:58 PM
Tribeheart Online
Heisman

With that wind, it's going to be a bear for any pass attempts. Hope the Oline steps up and gets our running game in it.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2018 01:23 PM by Tribeheart.)
11-10-2018 01:07 PM
TheRealTribe Offline
Special Teams

Good to see us getting the ground game going early. Haven’t been able to run much this year, and this Villanova front seven is very solid
11-10-2018 01:12 PM
TheRealTribe Offline
Special Teams

Very impressive punt downed inside the 1. Something we have missed this year
11-10-2018 01:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.