Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tampa Bay Times Columnist attends/writes about UCF game from last night
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Actually a pretty darn good article and pretty interesting read...(somewhat interesting that a Tampa Times writer went to a UCF Game when recently, they didn't even send a reporter to cover usf road game).

UCF: The underdog that everyone loves to hate

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/2018/11/...s-to-hate/
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2018 09:42 PM by KnightLight.)
11-02-2018 04:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

RE: Tampa Times Columnist attends/writes about UCF game from last night
That article is pretty harsh on usf.
11-02-2018 04:56 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
I cant take USF football seriously as long as they play in a rented nfl stadium with pirate ship in it.

At least Temple is TRYING to get their own stadium.
11-02-2018 05:03 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
Tampa Times Columnist attends/writes about UCF game from last night
(11-02-2018 05:03 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I cant take USF football seriously as long as they play in a rented nfl stadium with pirate ship in it.

Why do you hate pirate ships?
11-02-2018 05:21 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
(11-02-2018 05:21 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 05:03 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I cant take USF football seriously as long as they play in a rented nfl stadium with pirate ship in it.

Why do you hate pirate ships?

Because some swashbucklers took his booty. . .
They didn't even ask

#BC1isBCme2
11-02-2018 05:33 PM
atsKnight Offline
Banned

I was going to write something snarky about USF, but I decided not to. #becomingmoremature #impossibleformaturitytogetworse
11-02-2018 05:53 PM
Advertisement

8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU

7 years of BCS money pissed away....
11-02-2018 07:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
I watched it last night. UCF is very good, with the exception of their secondary. A good P5 team would shred it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
11-02-2018 11:57 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

RE: Tampa Bay Times Columnist attends/writes about UCF game from last night
(11-02-2018 11:57 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  I watched it last night. UCF is very good, with the exception of their secondary. A good P5 team would shred it.

Like say a A5 divisional leader?

Or just any A5 team in general?

Have you ever seen FBS games live or you just going off Iona State's Division II games for reference?
11-03-2018 12:04 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
Dear Tom Bowen and President Rudd @ University of Memphis...

Quote:I stopped by a bookstore on the UCF campus Thursday afternoon, where sleeveless T-shirts hailing UCF as co-national champions still sell for $34.98. I don't buy UCF as a playoff team, but I was tempted to buy the T-shirt.
11-03-2018 12:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

(11-03-2018 12:04 AM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(11-02-2018 11:57 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  I watched it last night. UCF is very good, with the exception of their secondary. A good P5 team would shred it.

Have you ever seen FBS games live or you just going off Iona State's Division II games for reference?

Yes, I have, it appears the only games you see are AAC. I believe I said a good P5 team. Also, whatever school I attended or did not attend is totally irrelevant to this conversation, you are using an ad hominem argument.

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 12:45 AM by Jjoey52.)
11-03-2018 12:43 AM
Advertisement

Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(11-03-2018 12:43 AM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  

Yes, I have, it appears the only games you see are AAC. I believe I said a good P5 team. Also, whatever school I attended or did not attend is totally irrelevant to this conversation, you are using an ad hominem argument.

So would a divisional leader in the A5 count as a good team?

Also since your argument is based on your opinion all attacks on your argument are by default ad hominem.

Do they teach logic where you went to school?

The ability of an individual to accurately judge teams is usually directly correlated to their experience and understanding of the game the teams are playing. As well as the relative strength of those teams in comparision to other teams who may or may not have played each other.

I will ask again; what sort of weight should I put on your appeal to authority argument and hasty generalization?
11-03-2018 01:41 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(11-03-2018 12:11 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Dear Tom Bowen and President Rudd @ University of Memphis...

Quote:I stopped by a bookstore on the UCF campus Thursday afternoon, where sleeveless T-shirts hailing UCF as co-national champions still sell for $34.98. I don't buy UCF as a playoff team, but I was tempted to buy the T-shirt.

Great point!

When your ON-CAMPUS STADIUM is located just a few hundred yards away from the Barnes & Noble Book Store (mostly merchandise location), I'm sure going to a game ON-CAMPUS was enticing to this Tampa Columnist since he can't get that same atmopshere at his local college team's games that like Memphis, plays off-campus.
11-03-2018 06:08 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(11-03-2018 06:08 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(11-03-2018 12:11 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Dear Tom Bowen and President Rudd @ University of Memphis...

Great point!

When your ON-CAMPUS STADIUM is located just a few hundred yards away from the Barnes & Noble Book Store (mostly merchandise location), I'm sure going to a game ON-CAMPUS was enticing to this Tampa Columnist since he can't get that same atmopshere at his local college team's games that like Memphis, plays off-campus.

I've never had any issues finding Memphis merchandise to buy at the Liberty Bowl...Tiger Lane provides a fantastic pregame atmosphere
11-03-2018 09:31 AM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

(11-03-2018 09:31 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

Great point!

I've never had any issues finding Memphis merchandise to buy at the Liberty Bowl...Tiger Lane provides a fantastic pregame atmosphere

I’ve been to the LB before but not the campus, can’t be that far away right?
11-03-2018 11:08 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(11-03-2018 11:08 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  
(11-03-2018 09:31 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  

Great point!

I’ve been to the LB before but not the campus, can’t be that far away right?

2.2 miles, or a 6 min drive down Central Ave.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8918]
11-03-2018 11:40 AM
Advertisement

usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
[Image: happytimemurders-octopus-cow-milking-700x305.jpg]

Some of this board's members anytime a chance comes up to discuss the fact that USF doesn't have an on campus stadium...

USFFan
11-03-2018 12:31 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

(11-03-2018 12:31 PM)usffan Wrote:  [Image: happytimemurders-octopus-cow-milking-700x305.jpg]

Some of this board's members anytime a chance comes up to discuss the fact that USF doesn't have an on campus stadium...

USFFan

That’s cause you’re that one friend everyone talks **** about
11-03-2018 02:00 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

(11-03-2018 01:41 AM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(11-03-2018 12:43 AM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  

So would a divisional leader in the A5 count as a good team?

Also since your argument is based on your opinion all attacks on your argument are by default ad hominem.

Do they teach logic where you went to school?

The ability of an individual to accurately judge teams is usually directly correlated to their experience and understanding of the game the teams are playing. As well as the relative strength of those teams in comparision to other teams who may or may not have played each other.

I will ask again; what sort of weight should I put on your appeal to authority argument and hasty generalization?

I know enough and can see enough that UCF should not make CFP.

11-03-2018 06:19 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

35 dollar ucf wife beater t shirt and jorts. The pure essence of Florida.
11-03-2018 06:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.