Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Playoff Poll just confirms that a G5 team will never make the playoff.
Hilltop75 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU
The Playoff Poll just confirms that a G5 team will never make the playoff.
When they got rid of the BCS they touted in the playoff any team that was FBS can make the championship. The make up of the committee should have the same % as P5 vs G5 . I am not sure they have 1 G5 member

UCF goes undefeated 2 years and doesn't even get ranked in the top 10.

Its all BS. I dont want to hear schedule. Most of your schedule is made up of your conference. Your non-conference is determined by who will play you.

You think anyone that will move the needle would even schedule UCF after 2 undefeated seasons.

So nobody not in a P5 conference will ever be invited to the playoff.
So about one half of the teams in FBS are playing for one New Years Day bowl.

Every other Division of football has a true playoff FCS, D2, D3, NAIA and High School and of course the NFL

They would rather just have the Alabama Invitational
10-31-2018 06:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sellular1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF
RE: The Playoff Poll just confirms that a G5 team will never make the playoff.
(10-31-2018 06:19 PM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  When they got rid of the BCS they touted in the playoff any team that was FBS can make the championship. The make up of the committee should have the same % as P5 vs G5 . I am not sure they have 1 G5 member

Its all BS. I dont want to hear schedule. Most of your schedule is made up of your conference. Your non-conference is determined by who will play you.

You think anyone that will move the needle would even schedule UCF after 2 undefeated seasons.

Every other Division of football has a true playoff FCS, D2, D3, NAIA and High School and of course the NFL

The Alabama Invitational is the best thing that can happen for the AAC. People get sick of it, they want parity, they want more teams to get a shot. If Disney continues to have 3/4 of the country not give a crap about the Natty because it's Bama vs UGA they WILL make a change
10-31-2018 06:24 PM
pvtlamb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WSU
If non-power 5 programs can make the F4, can't a non-power team make the playoffs? I realize it isn't exactly the same but . . .

Regardless at some point soon the playoff will be eight. Mark my words. Go Knights! And Cougars! And Bearcats!
10-31-2018 06:25 PM
MagicKnightmare Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(10-31-2018 06:25 PM)pvtlamb Wrote:  If non-power 5 programs can make the F4, can't a non-power team make the playoffs? I realize it isn't exactly the same but . . .

Regardless at some point soon the playoff will be eight. Mark my words. Go Knights! And Cougars! And Bearcats!

If the final 4 was decided by a selection committee, a non-named school would never make it. It would be Kansas and Kentucky every year like Bama and Clemson.
10-31-2018 06:33 PM
pvtlamb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WSU
(10-31-2018 06:33 PM)MagicKnightmare Wrote:  
(10-31-2018 06:25 PM)pvtlamb Wrote:  If non-power 5 programs can make the F4, can't a non-power team make the playoffs? I realize it isn't exactly the same but . . .

If the final 4 was decided by a selection committee, a non-named school would never make it. It would be Kansas and Kentucky every year like Bama and Clemson.

But but but its a computer
10-31-2018 06:44 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(10-31-2018 06:19 PM)Hilltop75 Wrote:  When they got rid of the BCS they touted in the playoff any team that was FBS can make the championship. The make up of the committee should have the same % as P5 vs G5 . I am not sure they have 1 G5 member

LOL you needed this poll to come to this conclusion!?!?
10-31-2018 07:04 PM
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(10-31-2018 06:24 PM)Sellular1 Wrote:  

The Alabama Invitational is the best thing that can happen for the AAC. People get sick of it, they want parity, they want more teams to get a shot. If Disney continues to have 3/4 of the country not give a crap about the Natty because it's Bama vs UGA they WILL make a change

Except that Bama UGA got great ratings
10-31-2018 08:13 PM
DowdyPirate2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
(10-31-2018 06:33 PM)MagicKnightmare Wrote:  

Yep, just look at the one seeds every year.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2018 08:21 PM by DowdyPirate2.)
10-31-2018 08:21 PM
The Brown Bull Offline
usf97

I Root For: USF
What is amazing to me is that some people are figuring out this whole thing has been rigged just now. Seriously? It’s been 4 years now.

After 2014, only 65 schools are playing for anything. Boise State, BYU and the rest of us were placed in College Football purgatory. We don’t play for anything. 1984 BYU could not happen today.
10-31-2018 09:36 PM
BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
Ucf doesn't deserve it this year. Their schedule is putrid. Even the conference schedule was kind to them with the only difficult road game being usf. They'll get Cincy temple and eventually Houston at home.

The only chance a group of 5 has is if they schedule top power 5 schools and beat them. Houston did it right a few years back, had some top p5 schools on the schedule and best them. Unfortunately they couldn't finish the job. That Houston team potentially could have been a playoff team had there been less than 4 power 5 schools undefeated. But no team that only tests themselves against power 5 competition with a home game against pitt (and a canceled unc game) has any business being considered with teams that play several ranked power 5 schools over the course of a season.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2018 09:39 PM by BullsBEAST.)
10-31-2018 09:36 PM
Coog Engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: GO COOGS!
If everyone here griping about the playoffs and the system in place tunes in to watch any P5 football games, well then you're just wasting your breath (or finger exercise on the keyboard). You're actually part of the problem by supporting the numbers that makes this sham system so entrenched.

Some of you sound surprised to learn it's all about money. Well where do you think that money comes from? If the networks can bank on you watching, then might as well just quietly bend over and take it like a man.

Until the money starts to shrink, the networks and the CFP ain't gonna fix what ain't broken.
10-31-2018 11:17 PM
Advertisement

WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
(10-31-2018 11:17 PM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  If everyone here griping about the playoffs and the system in place tunes in to watch any P5 football games, well then you're just wasting your breath (or finger exercise on the keyboard). You're actually part of the problem by supporting the numbers that makes this sham system so entrenched.

Some of you sound surprised to learn it's all about money. Well where do you think that money comes from? If the networks can bank on you watching, then might as well just quietly bend over and take it like a man.

Until the money starts to shrink, the networks and the CFP ain't gonna fix what ain't broken.

I'm not going to boycott games. I'm a college football fan, I'll watch any game if its on. With that said I always watch at least three conference games.
11-01-2018 02:49 AM
BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
(11-01-2018 02:49 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(10-31-2018 11:17 PM)Coog Engineer Wrote:  If everyone here griping about the playoffs and the system in place tunes in to watch any P5 football games, well then you're just wasting your breath (or finger exercise on the keyboard). You're actually part of the problem by supporting the numbers that makes this sham system so entrenched.

I'm not going to boycott games. I'm a college football fan, I'll watch any game if its on. With that said I always watch at least three conference games.

3 group of 5 games? Wow, bless your heart.

I can only endure group of 5 football long enough to watch the usf game every week. Beyond that I would only watch a power 5 game.
11-01-2018 07:39 AM
Def Berkkat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(10-31-2018 09:36 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  Ucf doesn't deserve it this year. Their schedule is putrid.

Unlike that gauntlet of juggernauts that Notre Dame plays?
11-01-2018 08:32 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
It's not impossible but it would take a perfect storm. If UCF had played and beaten a playoff contender last year it would have be almost impossible to ignore. (I know Auburn but that was after the season). Next year UC plays at OSU and has UCLA at home. They also get Houston, Memphis, UCF, Temple and USF. If UC somehow ran through that schedule unbeaten, my guess is they would be in the playoff. But that's an incredibly tall order that takes beating a top 5 type team and then going through a really difficult AAC schedule.

Likewise if Houston had run the table the year they beat Oklahoma and Louisville I think they'd have made the playoffs.

It's an insane standard because teams like UC, UCF and Houston have no means to get that type of team on their schedule year after year.... So it's luck whether their playoff caliber team has them on the schedule and then they have to win that kind of game, likely on that team's home field. It's not impossible, but it's purposefully designed by the cartel to prevent it from happening.
11-01-2018 08:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SublimeKnight Offline
All American

I think my favorite part was when a CBS article misspelled Aresco's name
11-01-2018 08:51 AM
Advertisement

Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
(11-01-2018 07:39 AM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  

I can only endure group of 5 football long enough to watch the usf game every week. Beyond that I would only watch a power 5 game.

Look at you over here, subtley trolling your butt off. Too bad, just like USF in any sport, no one cares. You should try the conference realignment board, you and quo will make a dynamic duo.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2018 09:34 AM by Foreverandever.)
11-01-2018 09:33 AM
knightmite Offline
1st String

(10-31-2018 09:36 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  Ucf doesn't deserve it this year. Their schedule is putrid. Even the conference schedule was kind to them with the only difficult road game being usf. They'll get Cincy temple and eventually Houston at home.

The only chance a group of 5 has is if they schedule top power 5 schools and beat them. Houston did it right a few years back, had some top p5 schools on the schedule and best them. Unfortunately they couldn't finish the job. That Houston team potentially could have been a playoff team had there been less than 4 power 5 schools undefeated. But no team that only tests themselves against power 5 competition with a home game against pitt (and a canceled unc game) has any business being considered with teams that play several ranked power 5 schools over the course of a season.

You are missing the whole point that the preseason rankings are a bogus way of propping up the P5 teams. If more of the AAC teams started being ranked then we to would have "quality losses". Case in point: UCF manhandled Auburn in the Peach Bowl yet several AAC teams played UCF tougher. Why do you think Houston wasn't ranked in the top 25? To make sure UCF doesn't get quality wins at the end of the season if they win out.
11-01-2018 09:38 AM
PuddlePirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: inorganic groceries
(11-01-2018 08:51 AM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  I think my favorite part was when a CBS article misspelled Aresco's name

And Houston played FSU in the Peach Bowl, not the Sugar Bowl.

If he's going to go all in at least get everything in the article correct.
11-01-2018 09:55 AM
PuddlePirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: inorganic groceries
(11-01-2018 09:33 AM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(11-01-2018 07:39 AM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  

Look at you over here, subtley trolling your butt off. Too bad, just like USF in any sport, no one cares. You should try the conference realignment board, you and quo will make a dynamic duo.

That is written exactly in the Quo style so I'm not convinced it's not him using yet another alias.
11-01-2018 09:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.