Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

So, now that's it's official, which AAC bowl are we hoping for?
Bookmark and Share
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
So, now that's it's official, which AAC bowl are we hoping for?
Copied directly from the CFN page:

Quote:American Athletic Bowl Ties, Affiliations

Highest-ranked champion from the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MW & Sun Belt will play in a New Year’s Six bowl.

The American Athletic Conference doesn’t have a true pecking order. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

– Armed Forces Bowl vs. Big 12
– Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC
– Cheribundi Tart Cherry Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– Frisco Bowl vs. At-Large
– Gasparillia Bowl vs. Conference USA
– Military Bowl vs. ACC

The American Athletic has secondary partnerships with the AutoZone Liberty and Camping World Independence, to fill if the main affiliations can’t fill their slots.
So, that restated with dates in order and locations looks like:

ON A SATURDAY – Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt December 15th, Orlando FL. 1:30 ET (Flight and a hotel minimum) CBSSN
ON A TUSEDAY – Cheribundi Tart Cherry (Boca Raton) Bowl vs. Conference USA December 18th, Boca Raton (Flight and a hotel minimum) ESPN
ON A WEDNESDAY – Frisco Bowl vs. At-Large December 19th, Frisco TX. 7:00 CT (Drive-able 7hrs 7min.) ESPN
ON A THURSDAY – Gasparillia Bowl vs. Conference USA December 20th, Tampa Bay, FL. 8:00 ET (Flight and a hotel minimum) ESPN
ON A SATURDAY – Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC December 22nd, Birmingham AL. 11:00 CT (Drive-able 3hrs 49min.) ESPN
ON A SATURDAY – Armed Forces Bowl vs. Big 12 December 22nd, Fort Worth TX. 2:30 CT (Drive-able 7hrs 20min.) ESPN
ON A SATUDAY - Peach Bowl, Atlanta, Noon ET, Yeah, right... ESPN
ON A MONDAY (NYE) – Military Bowl vs. ACC December 31st, Annapolis MD. Noon ET (Flight and a hotel minimum) ESPN

I did this list because every year we get folks on here talking about how they would like to go to the XYZ bowl as if everyone knows where it is and when it is. This way, all the info is in one place.

It is looking like the AAC is more than likely only going to get 6 bowl-eligible teams, so I left out the Camping World and Liberty.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2018 08:41 PM by geosnooker2000.)
10-29-2018 10:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DDrum1961 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Not to jinx it... So I'll just say, if you want to attend an AAC bowl this year
(10-29-2018 10:44 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Copied directly from the CFN page:

Highest-ranked champion from the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MW & Sun Belt will play in a New Year’s Six bowl.

The American Athletic Conference doesn’t have a true pecking order. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

– Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– Military Bowl vs. ACC

The American Athletic has secondary partnerships with the AutoZone Liberty and Camping World Independence, to fill if the main affiliations can’t fill their slots.

ON A SATURDAY – Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt December 15th, Orlando FL. 1:30 ET (Flight and a hotel minimum) CBSSN
ON A TUSEDAY – Cheribundi Tart Cherry (Boca Raton) Bowl vs. Conference USA December 18th, Boca Raton (Flight and a hotel minimum) ESPN
ON A WEDNESDAY – Frisco Bowl vs. At-Large December 19th, Frisco TX. 7:00 CT (Drive-able 7hrs 7min.) ESPN
ON A THURSDAY – Gasparillia Bowl vs. Conference USA December 20th, Tampa Bay, FL. 8:00 ET (Flight and a hotel minimum) ESPN
ON A SATURDAY – Birmingham Bowl vs. SEC December 22nd, Birmingham AL. 11:00 CT (Drive-able 3hrs 49min.) ESPN
ON A SATURDAY – Armed Forces Bowl vs. Big 12 December 22nd, Fort Worth TX. 2:30 CT (Drive-able 7hrs 20min.) ESPN
ON A MONDAY (NYE) – Military Bowl vs. ACC December 31st, Annapolis MD. Noon ET (Flight and a hotel minimum) ESPN

I did this list because every year we get folks on here talking about how they would like to go to the XYZ bowl as if everyone knows where it is and when it is. This way, all the info is in one place.

It is looking like the AAC is more than likely only going to get 6 bowl-eligible teams, so I left out the Camping World and Liberty.

Thx for the listing ... Went to Boca Raton 2 years ago ... Weather was awesome ... Flew to Raleigh, then to Palm Beach ... Less than 30 minute drive to Boca for activities ... Nice downtown area, and can't go wrong with Florida beaches in December !!!
10-30-2018 07:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tiger69 Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Not to jinx it... So I'll just say, if you want to attend an AAC bowl this year
I just drove to Memphis from North Dallas. Drive both ways a bit more like 6.5 hours or so if you just keep one stop for gas, maybe another quick restroom stop. Frisco Bowl would be great!
In a soccer venue, but lots of great restaurants and nite life in Frisco.
10-30-2018 09:15 AM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(10-29-2018 10:44 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Copied directly from the CFN page:

– Cure Bowl vs. Sun Belt
– Military Bowl vs. ACC

Just an FYI, but the AAC does not have to fill primary ties before secondary...something negotiated at the time to allow for as many P5 games as possible. If a slot in the Independence is open vs. a P5 opponent, it will be filled before the Cure bowl.
10-30-2018 09:33 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline

Oh, that's good news. Well, I have no idea where the Independence is. ... Philly?
10-30-2018 09:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(10-30-2018 09:43 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Oh, that's good news. Well, I have no idea where the Independence is. ... Philly?

Pfft.

The cradle of American Independence: Shreveport, Louisiana.
10-30-2018 11:05 AM
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline

(10-30-2018 11:05 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(10-30-2018 09:43 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Oh, that's good news. Well, I have no idea where the Independence is. ... Philly?

Pfft.

Ahhh, well, at least there's a chance it won't be 0 degrees F. And that's certainly drive-able.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2018 11:17 AM by geosnooker2000.)
10-30-2018 11:16 AM
TigerDawg32 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: MSU, UofM
(10-30-2018 11:16 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

Pfft.

Ahhh, well, at least there's a chance it won't be 0 degrees F. And that's certainly drive-able.

There's been blizzards during that game before but Shreveport is cool.
10-30-2018 12:57 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs

Philly was the original Liberty Bowl location in 1959.
10-30-2018 06:06 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

SMGDH
10-30-2018 09:24 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline

(10-30-2018 09:24 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  SMGDH

At what? Superstitious, are we?
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2018 11:36 PM by geosnooker2000.)
10-30-2018 11:35 PM
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Far from superstitious at all. Think jinxes are non-existent.

Just a little disappointed in you not knowing where the Independence Bowl is, sir.
10-31-2018 12:41 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline

(10-31-2018 12:41 AM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Far from superstitious at all. Think jinxes are non-existent.

Just a little disappointed in you not knowing where the Independence Bowl is, sir.

Yeah... Sorry. I pretty much watch the Tigers only, so if they haven't been to it, there's a good chance I'm not familiar with it. I'm trying to change this shortcoming of mine by watching other teams play over the last couple of years.
10-31-2018 10:06 AM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators

Pfft.

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2018 01:07 PM by poppaslaw.)
10-31-2018 01:06 PM
SigEpMike Offline
Devil's Advocate

CrappiesMemphis Hall of FameMemphis Hall of Fame
ESPN currently has the Tigers in Birmingham against BYU or App State. Ugh.
10-31-2018 01:17 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline

(10-31-2018 01:06 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  

Pfft.

If you guys will re-read my post, I said there is at least a *CHANCE* it won't be 0 degrees F.
10-31-2018 01:24 PM
Advertisement

poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
(10-31-2018 01:24 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(10-31-2018 01:06 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  

Pfft.

If you guys will re-read my post, I said there is at least a *CHANCE* it won't be 0 degrees F.

Yeah it gave me the opportunity to post about my Bullies. So thank you.
10-31-2018 03:37 PM
mattfromdburgdburg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tigers
My hopes are Armed Forces or Independence.
10-31-2018 04:30 PM
rc0213 Offline
1st String

I hope we play a SEC team. As a side note, I'm going to always want SEC to expand and add Memphis.
10-31-2018 05:50 PM
Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

Armed Forces would be great. New Years Eve game. I went to the Navy game this year and they have nice concessions etc. nice stadium
10-31-2018 06:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.