Toledo's football schedule is reckless and ridiculous
10-23-2018 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
RE: Toledo's football schedule is reckless and ridiculous
Several of us mentioned this when the schedule came earlier this year. 3 games in 12 days is stupid and I hope no one gets seriously hurt the next 2 games.

I hope a student has a sign in the stands for the Halloween game that mentions this and it gets air time
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2018 03:46 PM by Rocket_Fanatic.)
10-23-2018 03:44 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
MAC used to vacate the Saturday before the weeknight games. That at least made it palatable when you understand the reality of November gates are less than no matter when they are played
10-23-2018 05:18 PM
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

(10-23-2018 05:18 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  MAC used to vacate the Saturday before the weeknight games. That at least made it palatable when you understand the reality of November gates are less than no matter when they are played

Thank God we had a bye after that beating we took from VMI
10-23-2018 06:15 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Toledo's football schedule is reckless and ridiculous
I think we played 4 games in 20 days last year. Almost as bad. Just garbage.
10-23-2018 08:17 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(10-23-2018 03:44 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Several of us mentioned this when the schedule came earlier this year. 3 games in 12 days is stupid and I hope no one gets seriously hurt the next 2 games.

I hope a student has a sign in the stands for the Halloween game that mentions this and it gets air time

We have that too this year. Ridiculous.
10-24-2018 10:52 AM
Advertisement

NIU70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Take a guess
(10-24-2018 10:52 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(10-23-2018 03:44 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Several of us mentioned this when the schedule came earlier this year. 3 games in 12 days is stupid and I hope no one gets seriously hurt the next 2 games.

Travel for NIU is a bit tougher. Rockford-Salt Lake City-Rockford, Friday-Saturday, then Rockford-Akron-Rockford, Wednesday-Thursday-in the middle of the night, then at home, Wednesday, finally. Not to mention the hour bus rides to and from Rockford and the round trip to and from Provo.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2018 11:08 PM by NIU70.)
10-25-2018 10:56 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

(10-25-2018 10:56 PM)NIU70 Wrote:  

Travel for NIU is a bit tougher. Rockford-Salt Lake City-Rockford, Friday-Saturday, then Rockford-Akron-Rockford, Wednesday-Thursday-in the middle of the night, then at home, Wednesday, finally. Not to mention the hour bus rides to and from Rockford and the round trip to and from Provo.

Yea, that is true. Although we can't blame the MAC for the Provo part of it.
10-26-2018 07:54 AM
DeepInSavageArena Offline
Water Engineer

(10-23-2018 08:17 PM)adunifon Wrote:  I think we played 4 games in 20 days last year. Almost as bad. Just garbage.

Even worse this year - 4 games in 18 days.

Oct 20th - Buffalo
Oct 25th - @WMU
Oct 31st- Ball St
Nov 7th - @NIU
10-26-2018 09:57 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Am I correct here? If we win out and wmu loses one game. We are going to the CCG
10-26-2018 02:01 PM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(10-26-2018 02:01 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  Am I correct here? If we win out and wmu loses one game. We are going to the CCG

You mean MACC game?

But I think you are right, but win out is likely the key to focus on, especially since UT has yet to even win back to back games this season
10-26-2018 02:20 PM
Advertisement

RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
(10-26-2018 02:01 PM)Babes boy Wrote:  Am I correct here? If we win out and wmu loses one game. We are going to the CCG

Not correct.

Toledo needs to win out including victories over NIU and they also need NIU to lose one more game outside of that so both teams end up with 2 conference losses.
10-26-2018 02:58 PM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

As already mentioned, NIU is undefeated in conference play so they would have to lose another game outside of Toledo. It's possible though as they do play Buffalo. That said, Toledo is really young and inexperienced, especially on offense, (outside of the stars at WR) and inconsistent. That's why you see good games like against WMU and Nevada, and then bad games like against EMU and Buffalo. I don't see us winning out.
10-26-2018 03:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Offline
Legend

NIU doesn't play Buffalo - we play Akron, Miami, Toledo and WMU.
10-26-2018 03:14 PM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

(10-26-2018 03:14 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  NIU doesn't play Buffalo - we play Akron, Miami, Toledo and WMU.

Sorry, meant Miami
10-26-2018 03:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU007 Offline
Legend

It would be tough for NIU to win out also, I don't know how many close games in a row we can win.
10-26-2018 03:59 PM
Advertisement

NIU70 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Take a guess
(10-26-2018 07:54 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(10-25-2018 10:56 PM)NIU70 Wrote:  

trips
Yea, that is true. Although we can't blame the MAC for the Provo part of it.
Stand corrected on the SLC/Provo trips. Huskies flew into Provo. Saves an hour each way coming home.
10-26-2018 10:08 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-26-2018 09:57 AM)DeepInSavageArena Wrote:  
(10-23-2018 08:17 PM)adunifon Wrote:  I think we played 4 games in 20 days last year. Almost as bad. Just garbage.

Even worse this year - 4 games in 18 days.

Oct 20th - Buffalo
Oct 25th - @WMU
Oct 31st- Ball St
Nov 7th - @NIU

It's actually 19 days with normal being 4 games in 22 days.
10-27-2018 08:04 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
(10-26-2018 03:03 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  As already mentioned, NIU is undefeated in conference play so they would have to lose another game outside of Toledo. It's possible though as they do play Buffalo. That said, Toledo is really young and inexperienced, especially on offense, (outside of the stars at WR) and inconsistent. That's why you see good games like against WMU and Nevada, and then bad games like against EMU and Buffalo. I don't see us winning out.

Brian the advantage NIU and WMU has is neither plays Buffalo. NIU beat EMU in 3 OT after EMU missed a chip shot field goal in the second OT. NIU also did not have to play a down against EMU with Glass at QB. In other words the EMU team that Toledo beat 26-0 in the second half was the team that took NIU to overtime. NIU is not very good.

If I were a betting man I don't see WMU beating Ohio this Saturday even with the game in Kalamazoo. I'm pretty sure that you guys will thump NIU the next week as well. That leaves NIU having to beat Miami at home and WMU in Kalamazoo, two daunting tasks. If you guys cannot destroy the worst of the MAC (Ball, Kent and CMU), I would be shocked. Having seen WMU, NIU and Toledo all play against EMU, Toledo clearly is the best team. You will win out and I expect that WMU and NIU will have 2 losses at season end. With the tiebreaker in Rocket hands, you will get a second chance against Buffalo. That is my prediction.
10-28-2018 05:57 PM
RedandBlackAttack Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
(10-28-2018 05:57 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(10-26-2018 03:03 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  As already mentioned, NIU is undefeated in conference play so they would have to lose another game outside of Toledo. It's possible though as they do play Buffalo. That said, Toledo is really young and inexperienced, especially on offense, (outside of the stars at WR) and inconsistent. That's why you see good games like against WMU and Nevada, and then bad games like against EMU and Buffalo. I don't see us winning out.

Brian the advantage NIU and WMU has is neither plays Buffalo. NIU beat EMU in 3 OT after EMU missed a chip shot field goal in the second OT. NIU also did not have to play a down against EMU with Glass at QB. In other words the EMU team that Toledo beat 26-0 in the second half was the team that took NIU to overtime. NIU is not very good.

If I were a betting man I don't see WMU beating Ohio this Saturday even with the game in Kalamazoo. I'm pretty sure that you guys will thump NIU the next week as well. That leaves NIU having to beat Miami at home and WMU in Kalamazoo, two daunting tasks. If you guys cannot destroy the worst of the MAC (Ball, Kent and CMU), I would be shocked. Having seen WMU, NIU and Toledo all play against EMU, Toledo clearly is the best team. You will win out and I expect that WMU and NIU will have 2 losses at season end. With the tiebreaker in Rocket hands, you will get a second chance against Buffalo. That is my prediction.

Lol
10-29-2018 07:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.