Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Health care issue
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Health care issue
I've seen some polls saying health care is a big concern to voters. I just got an email that is a big confirmation of that. Conservative Texas Representative John Culberson sent out an email talking about it:

"Dear Neighbor,

I believe that every American needs and deserves to know if they’re getting the best prices on their prescription drugs. Many of our neighbors in the Seventh District have struggled to afford their lifesaving medications because of needlessly high drug prices. Until recently, pharmacy gag clauses have prevented pharmacists from telling patients when they could pay less for prescription drugs, on both Medicare and private insurance plans.

The good news is that Congress passed and the president signed the Patient Right to Know Drug Prices Act and the Know the Lowest Price Act to end these pharmacy gag clauses. I was proud to support this legislation to ensure our neighbors have better control of their health care decisions. I support allowing American consumers to buy their medication overseas by mail to save money.

Investing in cancer research is one of my top priorities. Recently, I voted to fund the National Institutes of Health $4.1 billion above the president’s request, and I increased funding for the National Cancer Institute by $509 million above the president’s budget request. Unfortunately, breast cancer is the top cancer among women worldwide. This year, more than 17,000 Texas women and over 150 men are expected to be diagnosed with breast cancer, according to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Prevention is the best way to combat this disease. Regular mammograms are vital to early detection. I encourage all women to consult with their healthcare providers so they can take the necessary steps to catch this disease in its early stages. Let’s fight this disease together. You can learn more about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment here..."

Note that probably the world's foremost cancer research center, University of Texas MD Anderson cancer center, is in Houston and if not in his district, just outside it. Many of its employees are his constituents.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2018 04:43 PM by bullet.)
10-19-2018 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.