UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Where is "What North Texas fans are saying"?
GreenGiant67 Offline
never any doubt

I Root For: the UAB Blazers
Where is "What North Texas fans are saying"?
As a fan I love reading the other fans comments prior to the game. I have search the CUSA Team Talk page for North Texas and nothing.
Does anyone have a link to a current message board for North Texas?
10-16-2018 03:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dblaze Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UAB
RE: Where is "What North Texas fans are saying"?
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2018 03:41 PM by dblaze.)
10-16-2018 03:40 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2018 03:42 PM by BlazerMatt.)
10-16-2018 03:42 PM
bftb Online
Go Blazers!

Here's their game score prediction thread. Surprise, surprise, most everyone picks North Texas. It is, after all a MeanGreen message board.

https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic...on-thread/
10-16-2018 03:56 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

As they should. I think the Line should favor NT by maybe 6-8 points.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2018 07:08 PM by BlazinBham.)
10-16-2018 07:06 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Watch the Rice highlights. Rice had a game plan to throw quick 3 step routes on us. Look how many their QB hit before he got injured. UNT will have a similar game plan but has a much better offensive line than Rice and a legit NFL caliber QB who is extremely accurate and adept at throwing his receivers open. The receivers and RBs he will be throwing to are faster and more talented than any we have played this year. If we get out of our rush lanes their QB is very capable of punishing us by taking off.

If we we win we will have beaten the most talented team we have faced at home since The Return.
10-16-2018 07:47 PM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(10-16-2018 07:06 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  As they should. I think the Line should favor NT by maybe 6-8 points.

Vegas doesn’t. If you ask me the line is screaming for people to pick UNT. That makes me lean our way, even though i thought this was our toughest conference game all offseason.
10-16-2018 08:13 PM
GoBlazers468 Offline
2nd String

They're making some really rude comments about the Children's Harbor jerseys. Here is what one wrote:

"in order to beat UAB we must get inside their heads. Instead of wearing sick kids' names on our jerseys, we will literally field a team of terminally ill children, fulfilling their lifelong dream of playing a spotlight college football game. The Blazers will be so thrown off that we come out guns-a-blazin and win 70-0"
10-17-2018 10:33 AM
Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

(10-17-2018 10:33 AM)GoBlazers468 Wrote:  They're making some really rude comments about the Children's Harbor jerseys. Here is what one wrote:

"in order to beat UAB we must get inside their heads. Instead of wearing sick kids' names on our jerseys, we will literally field a team of terminally ill children, fulfilling their lifelong dream of playing a spotlight college football game. The Blazers will be so thrown off that we come out guns-a-blazin and win 70-0"

I know it is fans saying this vs their team, but I wouldn't mind if this became bulletin board material.
10-17-2018 10:42 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Quote:I said it before the La Tech game. UNT hadn't been tested yet. That concerned me. And then we fell short. That's important because the better team did not win that night. We have since been tested. And we passed the tests.

UAB has not been tested.

They're gonna get tested on Saturday. And they're not gonna pass. Plus, we're the better team.

Prediction on UAB fans' opinions before the game: "Bill Clark is the best coach in Alabama!" Prediction on UAB fans' opinions after the game: "I don't know if Bill Clark is the guy to take us to the next level"

We've been tested, they haven't.

UNT 41 UAB 17

This made me chuckle.

All we did was beat the hell on the road out of the team that beat you at home.
10-17-2018 08:36 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-17-2018 10:33 AM)GoBlazers468 Wrote:  They're making some really rude comments about the Children's Harbor jerseys. Here is what one wrote:

I think I know now why they are called the “mean” green. Not because the team is tough, but because their fans are classless and uncouth
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2018 09:58 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
10-17-2018 09:57 PM
Advertisement

Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I can assure you not all UNT fans approve of this kind of talk. It’s just stupid.
10-18-2018 09:12 AM
Lee Moses Offline
2nd String

I Root For: North Texas
(10-18-2018 09:12 AM)Green Menace Wrote:  

I can assure you not all UNT fans approve of this kind of talk. It’s just stupid.

Agreed. I never saw this post before now, but it represents no one other than the knucklehead who posted it. Every fan base unfortunately has a few of those.
10-18-2018 10:11 AM
Lee Moses Offline
2nd String

Would you mind providing a link to this comment? I can't seem to find it at gmg.com.
10-18-2018 10:13 AM
bftb Online
Go Blazers!

(10-18-2018 10:13 AM)Lee Moses Wrote:  

Would you mind providing a link to this comment? I can't seem to find it at gmg.com.

https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic...ad/?page=2
10-18-2018 10:31 AM
Lee Moses Offline
2nd String

(10-18-2018 10:31 AM)bftb Wrote:  
(10-18-2018 10:13 AM)Lee Moses Wrote:  

https://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic...ad/?page=2

Thank you for the link. You will notice that the post currently has 7 downvotes. The "classless and uncouth" North Texas fans who have seen this post by and large disagree vehemently with it.
10-18-2018 10:51 AM
Advertisement

Thecolonyeagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The Mean Green
(10-17-2018 08:36 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
Quote:I said it before the La Tech game. UNT hadn't been tested yet. That concerned me. And then we fell short. That's important because the better team did not win that night. We have since been tested. And we passed the tests.

UAB has not been tested.

They're gonna get tested on Saturday. And they're not gonna pass. Plus, we're the better team.

Prediction on UAB fans' opinions before the game: "Bill Clark is the best coach in Alabama!" Prediction on UAB fans' opinions after the game: "I don't know if Bill Clark is the guy to take us to the next level"

We've been tested, they haven't.

UNT 41 UAB 17

This made me chuckle.

All we did was beat the hell on the road out of the team that beat you at home.

If you're going to use the La Tech game, you have to take it into context. Both La Tech and UNT played like crap the week after our game with each other. We luckily got UTEP, they got you. I think had we played you guys the week after, there's a good chance you would've beaten us. That game between LT and UNT was brutal and took a lot out of each team. (geez I sound like a LT fan here....in which no one has ever beaten them, they always lose)

Point being, you got La Tech at a good time. But that was a few weeks ago.

As for us, we've gone against "an SEC D" and scored 44. We slogged through a hangover game on the road a week after our QB could barely walk and we lost our leading rusher and prevailed. Then last week, we played "the best D in CUSA" and put up 30. Now we're going to play the new "best D in CUSA" this week. Our offense has been tested. I don't think your D has. I'm not trolling here but serious question...who is the best offense you've played this year? Now compare that offense to what you're going to face on Saturday. I know you're going to try to get QB pressure. So did USM. And a less than 100% Fine did this:

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1...6516875267

8-15 for 146 yards, 1 TD and 6 1st Downs with a 109.3 passer rating on 18 drop backs under pressure. He's been pressured his whole career. He's thrown 16 TDs and 1 pick this year.

That's what I based my prediction on.

On another note....I wish I was coming into town for the game...we lived in the area for a couple of years up until this past March. Loved the area...Birmingham is a great city.
10-18-2018 11:01 AM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
I’m going to predict a W, but I could also see us getting rolled
10-18-2018 11:14 AM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
(10-18-2018 11:01 AM)Thecolonyeagle Wrote:  As for us, we've gone against "an SEC D" and scored 44.

Seriously? You're going to thump your chest about putting 44 on Arkansas? You were correct to put SEC D in quotations... This is a team that has given up 34, 44, 34 (against a terrible Auburn offense), 34, 65 and 37 points in 6 losses. And if you want to get accurate, you scored a TD off a punt return and another off of a pick 6. So, you really only scored 30 against that vaunted "SEC D."
10-18-2018 11:37 AM
Thecolonyeagle Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The Mean Green
(10-18-2018 11:37 AM)BatesUAB Wrote:  
(10-18-2018 11:01 AM)Thecolonyeagle Wrote:  As for us, we've gone against "an SEC D" and scored 44.

Seriously? You're going to thump your chest about putting 44 on Arkansas? You were correct to put SEC D in quotations... This is a team that has given up 34, 44, 34 (against a terrible Auburn offense), 34, 65 and 37 points in 6 losses. And if you want to get accurate, you scored a TD off a punt return and another off of a pick 6. So, you really only scored 30 against that vaunted "SEC D."

I was talking more about their SEC size and talent. Of which you haven’t gotten close to facing this season
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2018 12:04 PM by Thecolonyeagle.)
10-18-2018 12:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.