Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN's 2018 midseason All-America team
mikeinoki Offline
Gone to Seed

I Root For: JDB
Exclamation ESPN's 2018 midseason All-America team
Meet the ESPN college football midseason All-America team

Congratulations Memphis and Houston. And good for the AAC.

Of note, only five of the players on our preseason All-America team -- Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor, Alabama offensive tackle Jonah Williams, Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver, LSU linebacker Devin White and LSU cornerback Greedy Williams -- find themselves on this list, so a lot can change by the end of the season.

OFFENSE
AP: Darrell Henderson, Memphis

If he were playing for Alabama or Ohio State, Henderson would be right there at the top of the Heisman Trophy polls and may be anyway by season's end. The 5-9, 200-pound junior running back has put up eye-popping numbers for the Tigers. He has 1,133 rushing yards (averaging 10.3 yards per carry) and leads the country in all-purpose yards (1,435) and touchdowns (15). And you want explosive plays? Henderson also leads the country with eight plays from scrimmage of 50 yards or longer.

DEFENSE
DT: Ed Oliver, Houston

Nearly unblockable in one-on-one situations, the 6-3, 292-pound Oliver has been as advertised this season. He has 11.5 tackles for loss through the Cougars' first six games and nine quarterback hurries, despite constantly facing double teams. There will invariably be comparisons between Oliver and other disruptive defensive tackles who've gone on to stardom in the NFL; the way Oliver plays hard on every down and puts so much pressure on opposing offensive lines makes him one of the premier defenders in college football.
10-15-2018 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MagicKnightmare Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
RE: ESPN's 2018 midseason All-America team
Sporting News Midseason All Americans

Offense:
ATH: Darrell Henderson, Memphis

Defense:
DL: Ed Oliver, Houston
DB: Richie Grant, UCF

Special Teams:
RET: Terrence Horne, USF
10-15-2018 04:34 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I know ECU is dreadful so they won't get a lot of attention, but Nate Harvey should be getting some national attention. Leads the nation in tackles for loss at 17.5 and sacks at 8.5. What he's done is unbelievable.
10-15-2018 05:31 PM
TWCoog Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Houston
Agree on Harvey 100%. We couldn't really stop him at all.
10-15-2018 05:36 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
(10-15-2018 05:36 PM)TWCoog Wrote:  Agree on Harvey 100%. We couldn't really stop him at all.

It's one of the most stunning things I've ever seen. The guy was a walk on reserve RB last year, moved him to LB in the spring, and didn't even start playing him at DE until fall camp. Such an amazing story.
10-15-2018 06:06 PM
Memphis Yankee Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(10-15-2018 06:06 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(10-15-2018 05:36 PM)TWCoog Wrote:  Agree on Harvey 100%. We couldn't really stop him at all.

It's one of the most stunning things I've ever seen. The guy was a walk on reserve RB last year, moved him to LB in the spring, and didn't even start playing him at DE until fall camp. Such an amazing story.

That's unreal!
10-15-2018 06:18 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
(10-15-2018 06:18 PM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  
(10-15-2018 06:06 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

That's unreal!

Harvey has a motor on him and a will to succeed. Credit to him and the DC for seeing something in him, it sure has paid off in a big way!
10-15-2018 07:08 PM
Meatwad Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF & The Arsenal
(10-15-2018 04:34 PM)MagicKnightmare Wrote:  Sporting News Midseason All Americans

Offense:
ATH: Darrell Henderson, Memphis

Defense:
DL: Ed Oliver, Houston
DB: Richie Grant, UCF

Special Teams:
RET: Terrence Horne, USF
and they said it was sour grapes when we said tre neal transferred to nebraska because he lost his starting job in spring practice. richie grant is a boss.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2018 10:05 PM by Meatwad.)
10-15-2018 10:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.