Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rank C-USA
Bookmark and Share
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
Rank C-USA
Every team except for Southern Miss has played at least 6 games now. At roughly the mid-point of the season, how do you rank our football teams from 1 through 14?
10-14-2018 02:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

beefcake0520 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: marshall
RE: Rank C-USA
(10-14-2018 02:18 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Every team except for Southern Miss has played at least 6 games now. At roughly the mid-point of the season, how do you rank our football teams from 1 through 14?

League has been inconsistent, there is an upper half and lower half, the top 4 or 5 would be interchangeable imo. MT without stockstill will lose again, if they get him back I'd put them in the 1 or 2 slot. Without him they are around 6.
10-14-2018 02:51 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
1. UAB - Lock down D, only given up an astounding 14 points in conference play.

2. North Texas - Everyone knows what UNT is capable of putting up, but that UAB matchup is gonna be juicy...

3. La Tech - Still potent, and have proven to win games on the road.

4. FIU - Surprise team in a very down year in the East.

5. MTSU - Who knows what this team is truly capable of, they clearly need a healthy Stockstill.

6. Southern Miss - Always competitive, have played a fairly difficult schedule this year.

7. FAU - Certainly haven’t shown up to the potential.

8. Marshall - We’ll, we may go bowling. But this isn’t shaping up to be the complete team Herd fans hoped for.

9. Charlotte - The fighting CLTs won’t finish in the basement!

10. UTSA - I have to admit, I thought the D would be better.

11. ODU - That Va Tech game was awesome, would have been nice if that team showed up in conference.

12. WKU - Aside from the surprise Louisville showing, and Marshall pillow fight, have played very down.

13. Rice - They’ve got something to build off of, good running game.

14. UTEP - Despite being winless, it’s clear they’re playing with more gumption.

Looks like it’s gonna be a rare West Division team winning this one in a very down year overall.

The top three are all close.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2018 03:00 PM by rileylives.)
10-14-2018 02:57 PM
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
(10-14-2018 02:57 PM)rileylives Wrote:  1. UAB - Lock down D, only given up an astounding 14 points in conference play.

2. North Texas - Everyone knows what UNT is capable of putting up, but that UAB matchup is gonna be juicy...

5. MTSU - Who knows what this team is truly capable of, they clearly need a healthy Stockstill.

6. Southern Miss - Always competitive, have played a fairly difficult schedule this year.

8. Marshall - We’ll, we may go bowling. But this isn’t shaping up to be the complete team Herd fans hoped for.

11. ODU - That Va Tech game was awesome, would have been nice if that team showed up in conference.

12. WKU - Aside from the surprise Louisville showing, and Marshall pillow fight, have played very down.

14. UTEP - Despite being winless, it’s clear they’re playing with more gumption.

Looks like it’s gonna be a rare West Division team winning this one in a very down year overall.

I didn't. Figured our D would be "serviceable", but losing your best player to the 1st round of the draft and your DC to Alabama are two pretty big hits.
10-14-2018 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
eaglebeaver Offline
Heisman

I Root For: southern miss
(10-14-2018 02:18 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Every team except for Southern Miss has played at least 6 games now. At roughly the mid-point of the season, how do you rank our football teams from 1 through 14?

I think most of us are just plain RANK!
10-14-2018 03:17 PM
Shrack Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Rank C-USA
Massey Composite right now:

#48 UNT
#55 UAB
#62 LT
#76 FIU
#77 Marshall
#78 FAU
#82 MTSU
#104 USM
#113 Charlotte
#117 UTSA
#121 WKU
#122 ODU
#129 Rice
#130 UTEP

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
10-14-2018 03:24 PM
Advertisement

Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
“Rank CUSA”

Boy is it ever
10-14-2018 04:35 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
7 teams below 100. That's something... not good
10-14-2018 04:43 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
1. UAB - Very mature team with 37 seniors and lots of physicality. Will probably be favored to win the rest of their games, save for TX A&M on 11/17.

2. La Tech - Considering Tech's only losses have been to UAB and on the road at Top 10 LSU, it's not terrible. Tech has nice road win over UNT too.

3. FAU - We knew FAU would have a tough start with a schedule that was front loaded, but I'm not convinced they are out of contention in the east yet.

4. UNT - Can UNT beat UAB for a 3-way tie in the west? LA Tech fans want UNT to win so we'll all be in 1st place. But UNT is a finesse team. UAB is not. Methinks UAB wins.

5. FIU - The Panthers are 4-2. They have 4 easy wins left over Rice, WKU, UTSA & Charlotte. They might beat Marshall & FAU too.

6. MTSU - After a great start in CUSA, I'm not sure how far MTSU goes without a healthy Stockstill.

7. Southern Miss - USM's QB issue is settled. Expect the Eagles to get better over the second half of their schedule. USM should win the next 3 over UTSA, @ Charlotte and Marshall.

8. Marshall - Hard tream to understand. Every time I think they are poised to make a serious championship run, they seem to stumble.

9. Charlotte - The 49ers are 3-3. Unfortunately for Sweet Charlotte, their schedule gets exponentially harder the rest of the season. The 49ers could go winless the rest of the way.

10. UTSA - Like Charlotte, the schedule gets much tougher for the Roadrunners (3-4) the rest of the way. Expect them to finish 0-5 down the stretch, 3-9 for the season.

11. ODU - The Va Tech win was indeed awesome. But ODU (1-6), is headed for only 2 or 3 more wins (WKU, VMI, and maybe Rice).

12. WKU - The Toppers have experienced the fastest fall from grace that we've seen since USM went from 12 wins in 2011 to 12 losses in 2012. You can't make this stuff up.

13. Rice - The Owls (1-6) can win at home against UTEP on 11/3, and at home again against ODU on 11/24. Hey, 3 wins in 2018 will triple the number of wins Rice earned in 2017.

14. UTEP - The Miners are 0-6. Their remaining best shot at a win comes on 11/3 at Rice.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2018 05:55 PM by HogDawg.)
10-14-2018 05:39 PM
PSCNiner Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-14-2018 02:57 PM)rileylives Wrote:  1. UAB - Lock down D, only given up an astounding 14 points in conference play.

As if Charlotte always HAS been last. We were 3-5 in cusa the year before last. Even last year we WERE last in the east but I think utep had a worse team.
10-14-2018 08:12 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
(10-14-2018 05:39 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  1. UAB - Very mature team with 37 seniors and lots of physicality. Will probably be favored to win the rest of their games, save for TX A&M on 11/17.

2. La Tech - Considering Tech's only losses have been to UAB and on the road at Top 10 LSU, it's not terrible. Tech has nice road win over UNT too.

3. FAU - We knew FAU would have a tough start with a schedule that was front loaded, but I'm not convinced they are out of contention in the east yet.

4. UNT - Can UNT beat UAB for a 3-way tie in the west? LA Tech fans want UNT to win so we'll all be in 1st place. But UNT is a finesse team. UAB is not. Methinks UAB wins.

5. FIU - The Panthers are 4-2. They have 4 easy wins left over Rice, WKU, UTSA & Charlotte. They might beat Marshall & FAU too.

6. MTSU - After a great start in CUSA, I'm not sure how far MTSU goes without a healthy Stockstill.

7. Southern Miss - USM's QB issue is settled. Expect the Eagles to get better over the second half of their schedule. USM should win the next 3 over UTSA, @ Charlotte and Marshall.

8. Marshall - Hard tream to understand. Every time I think they are poised to make a serious championship run, they seem to stumble.

9. Charlotte - The 49ers are 3-3. Unfortunately for Sweet Charlotte, their schedule gets exponentially harder the rest of the season. The 49ers could go winless the rest of the way.

10. UTSA - Like Charlotte, the schedule gets much tougher for the Roadrunners (3-4) the rest of the way. Expect them to finish 0-5 down the stretch, 3-9 for the season.

11. ODU - The Va Tech win was indeed awesome. But ODU (1-6), is headed for only 2 or 3 more wins (WKU, VMI, and maybe Rice).

12. WKU - The Toppers have experienced the fastest fall from grace that we've seen since USM went from 12 wins in 2011 to 12 losses in 2012. You can't make this stuff up.

13. Rice - The Owls (1-6) can win at home against UTEP on 11/3, and at home again against ODU on 11/24. Hey, 3 wins in 2018 will triple the number of wins Rice earned in 2017.

14. UTEP - The Miners are 0-6. Their remaining best shot at a win comes on 11/3 at Rice.

A 2 point win over UNT, due to a last second blocked field goal, doesn't merit a 2nd place ranking LT. Especially just a day after posting your second loss of the season. 07-coffee3
10-14-2018 09:08 PM
Advertisement

winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
(10-14-2018 09:08 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(10-14-2018 05:39 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  1. UAB - Very mature team with 37 seniors and lots of physicality. Will probably be favored to win the rest of their games, save for TX A&M on 11/17.

A 2 point win over UNT, due to a last second blocked field goal, doesn't merit a 2nd place ranking LT. Especially just a day after posting your second loss of the season. 07-coffee3

We won 31-3 over UTSA yesterday 07-coffee3

That said I don't think we are the 2nd best team in CUSA
10-14-2018 09:45 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

I guess a 3 point win over winless UTEP or a win over winless Arkansas justifieds a second ranking03-lmfao Tech led UNT most of the game, hardly due to just a last second play btw

UNT Strength of Schedule - 144
Tech Strength of Schedule - 57
http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2018 10:04 PM by Dawgxas.)
10-14-2018 09:55 PM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

This isn’t what you think it is.
10-14-2018 09:56 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(10-14-2018 09:55 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

I guess a 3 point win over winless UTEP or a win over winless Arkansas[b] justifieds a second ranking03-lmfao [b]Tech led UNT most of the game, hardly due to just a last second play btw

btw, tech took their first lead with 32 seconds left in the third quarter...hardly you're most of the game claim...but math...it's hard for some people...and arkansas isn't winless...you really suck at research/reading/math
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2018 10:38 PM by NTTHOR.)
10-14-2018 10:35 PM
Saint Greg Offline
Heisman

(10-14-2018 10:35 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  

A 2 point win over UNT, due to a last second blocked field goal, doesn't merit a 2nd place ranking LT. Especially just a day after posting your second loss of the season. :coffee3:

I guess a 3 point win over winless UTEP or a win over winless Arkansas[b] justifieds a second ranking:lmfao: [b]Tech led UNT most of the game, hardly due to just a last second play btw

btw, tech took their first lead with 32 seconds left in the third quarter...hardly you're most of the game claim...but math...it's hard for some people...and arkansas isn't winless...you really suck at research/reading/math

That’s true. Arkansas beat that powerhouse Eastern Illinois. That’s where Sean Payton, Tony Romo, and Jimmy Garapolo played. They probably have some other no name future NFL QB on the team Arkansas dominated week 1.
10-14-2018 10:55 PM
Advertisement

Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

I guess a 3 point win over winless UTEP or a win over winless Arkansas[b] justifieds a second ranking03-lmfao [b]Tech led UNT most of the game, hardly due to just a last second play btw

? Tech took the lead before halftime, 26-21, and led the rest of the game. You wasted all that breathe just to be wrong
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2018 12:19 AM by Dawgxas.)
10-15-2018 12:12 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

Arkansas is winless against FBS teams including a Colorado State that lost to an FCS team
10-15-2018 12:23 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(10-15-2018 12:12 AM)Dawgxas Wrote:  

? Tech took the lead before halftime, 26-21, and led the rest of the game. You wasted all that breathe just to be wrong

Wouldn't "before halftime" equate to "most of the game?" Enquiring minds and whatnot.
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2018 12:43 AM by MUther.)
10-15-2018 12:42 AM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(10-15-2018 12:42 AM)MUther Wrote:  
(10-15-2018 12:12 AM)Dawgxas Wrote:  
(10-14-2018 09:08 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  A 2 point win over UNT, due to a last second blocked field goal, doesn't merit a 2nd place ranking LT. Especially just a day after posting your second loss of the season. 07-coffee3

Wouldn't "before halftime" equate to "most of the game?" Enquiring minds and whatnot.

I thought so too. Might want to ask NTTHOR since he is a math/research/reading savant. Maybe it is another time dimension that is unknown to us plebians
10-15-2018 01:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.