Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

raccoon
Bookmark and Share
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
raccoon
no, not a new arena lingerie football team. i'm talking about the critters. got one scraping at the door. what y'all recommend? outside of trapping em yourself and driving them four counties away in your ford festiva

professionals are a bit cost prohibitive

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2018 01:07 PM by Lush.)
10-12-2018 07:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
RE: raccoons!
Invite the ol' gal in for tea and crumpets. I hear they make great pets.

10-12-2018 07:37 AM
Major ----de Coverley Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: truffles
(10-12-2018 07:37 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  Invite the ol' gal in for tea and crumpets. I hear they make great pets.

Google recipe for "squirrel burgoo" and substitute raccoon meat. Fancy eating that even Rath would sink his teeth into.

10-12-2018 09:21 AM
cpawstoney Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.C.
Call Turtle man! He'll work for a jar of homemade pickles or a peach pie.02-13-banana

10-12-2018 10:33 AM
Advertisement

Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

seriously? i can make both. well i suppose it's more of a cobbler, that and wife makes it. i'm finishing off a batch of pickled jalapenos i canned about a month ago

10-12-2018 12:56 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
RE: raccoon
(10-12-2018 12:56 PM)Lush Wrote:  seriously? i can make both. well i suppose it's more of a cobbler, that and wife makes it. i'm finishing off a batch of pickled jalapenos i canned about a month ago

Whip yoself up 'nother batch of pickled hot peppers, leave a few around and spray the remaining juice liberally around wherever they appear. Coons hate 'em.

If you aren't into the release part of trap and release this looks like a cheap winner: Duke DP Coon Trap Course you'll need a firearm of some sort to complete the job.

Lotsa good info here:

How to get Rid of Racoons

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2018 01:45 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
10-12-2018 01:44 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

i'd have to catch the critter on the deck and haul him thru the house with most likely a toddler and two cats running around. i most likely won't have any help for this. also, i've never fired a weapon above laser tag. good idea with the jalapenos. i was gonna spread some years old hot pepper seeds around the deck and some cayenne i found in the recesses of my pantry. the jalapenos have more staying power. i'm certainly gonna use it all

10-12-2018 02:15 PM
Advertisement

Not Duane Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
(10-12-2018 02:15 PM)Lush Wrote:  i'd have to catch the critter on the deck and haul him thru the house with most likely a toddler and two cats running around. i most likely won't have any help for this. also, i've never fired a weapon above laser tag. good idea with the jalapenos. i was gonna spread some years old hot pepper seeds around the deck and some cayenne i found in the recesses of my pantry. the jalapenos have more staying power. i'm certainly gonna use it all

Had a rabid one in the house once--got in thru the dog door. Dispensed him with a solid base hit to the skull using my aluminum Louisville Slugger.

If it's not rabid, go the "have a heart" route and I think the critter gitters will haul it off for you at a modest price.

10-12-2018 02:22 PM
TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
Try this, worked for me:

[Image: fOfhykg.gif]

10-12-2018 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I do have a heart and take it for a ride...but, that's me.

10-13-2018 06:30 AM
Advertisement

Recluse1 Offline
1st String

The little ones are adorable, but the adults aren't afraid of people at all. Your best course of action is a humane trap. They have thing for peanut butter. I know that because I had a relative who disliked them to the point of setting it out with broken bits of glass in it to kill them. I think one went after his dog or something. Of course, he also once made a replacement mailbox out of cast iron after some kids took a bat to it. Think he was hoping they'd break an arm or something the next time. So maybe he was just a little vengeful.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2018 12:31 AM by Recluse1.)
10-14-2018 12:24 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

yeah let's keep this thread going!

10-14-2018 08:08 AM
Recluse1 Offline
1st String

(10-14-2018 08:08 AM)Lush Wrote:  yeah let's keep this thread going!

No worse than the masochists posting in the Bengals thread...
Poor bastards.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2018 03:11 PM by Recluse1.)
10-14-2018 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.