Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

stAte of affairs
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
stAte of affairs
From an outsider viewing a 28-9 App lead in the 3rd quarter...

stAte is undisciplined jucos with a dream of playing in the NFL as their cause. They are always a cocky sorta team without a team first mentality. They are not the team to win the big game but just to out talent lesser teams in the conference on a regular basis. Coaching hasnt really been there which is why teams with good game plans tend to pull away from the red wolves.

Taking away my Toledo bias, I do watch my brother conference the funbelt frequently... How far off am I?
10-09-2018 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

runninjoe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: stAte
RE: stAte of affairs
(10-09-2018 09:41 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  From an outsider viewing a 28-9 App lead in the 3rd quarter...

stAte is undisciplined jucos with a dream of playing in the NFL as their cause. They are always a cocky sorta team without a team first mentality. They are not the team to win the big game but just to out talent lesser teams in the conference on a regular basis. Coaching hasnt really been there which is why teams with good game plans tend to pull away from the red wolves.

Taking away my Toledo bias, I do watch my brother conference the funbelt frequently... How far off am I?

Not very
10-09-2018 09:42 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
They are resemble their coach.
10-09-2018 09:58 PM
troyw Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy
(10-09-2018 09:41 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  From an outsider viewing a 28-9 App lead in the 3rd quarter...

You're smokin' hot.
10-09-2018 09:59 PM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern

I’ve always wondered why a school would recruit sooo many jucos. Marshall does (used to?) that a ton also.
10-09-2018 10:14 PM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
I think we’re starting to see the beginning of the end of blake ball era
10-09-2018 10:18 PM
Advertisement

CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
(10-09-2018 10:14 PM)EagleNationRising Wrote:  

I’ve always wondered why a school would recruit sooo many jucos. Marshall does (used to?) that a ton also.

So did Troy in Blakeney's final years. Blakeney recruited 14 JUCO's in his final recruiting class. It absolutely killed the culture.
10-09-2018 11:01 PM
EagleNationRising Offline
1st String

I Root For: GaSouthern
(10-09-2018 11:01 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

So did Troy in Blakeney's final years. Blakeney recruited 14 JUCO's in his final recruiting class. It absolutely killed the culture.

Not to mention if you aren’t careful with that, you can really screw up your class distribution, leaving you with major problems when trying to switch back to traditional recruiting
10-09-2018 11:05 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU

We had a legitimate excuse in 2014 when the 5 coaches in 5 years thing left us with a very short handed and inexperienced roster. However that excuse flew out the window after the 2015 season.
10-09-2018 11:10 PM
Macho America Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: A-State
The original post reads like it could have been copy and pasted from an A-State fan. Sad times.
10-10-2018 01:30 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
APP is a legit Top 25 team, and probably Top 15. The consistency they've had is ridiculous.
10-10-2018 01:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Dog Offline
SunBeltbbs App State INsider

I Root For: App State
I'm kind of baffled that A-State fans are jumping off the ship so fas. A play here or there away from three straight Sun Belt titles last season and still have a lot to play for this season.

How has this been building up despite the wins. Please enlighten this outsider.
10-10-2018 02:42 AM
GS99-00 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
Is Blake Anderson, their Tyson Summers, just at a slower decay?
10-10-2018 03:16 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(10-10-2018 03:16 AM)GS99-00 Wrote:  Is Blake Anderson, their Tyson Summers, just at a slower decay?

hell no. not even close. Blake has winning seasons to his name
10-10-2018 06:37 AM
CC Eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga. Southern
(10-10-2018 03:16 AM)GS99-00 Wrote:  Is Blake Anderson, their Tyson Summers, just at a slower decay?

This season for stAte is like Summers’ first year with GS. Although I would argue that the 2016 Eagles had even more talent to work with than this year’s Red Wolves.

It’s starting to look like it’s getting away from stAte.
10-10-2018 07:19 AM
SBEagle Offline
1st String

stAte of affairs
He better hope he doesn’t lose his locker room or someone else from the west will slide into the CCG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-10-2018 07:25 AM
Advertisement

sdcritter Offline
All American

(10-10-2018 02:42 AM)T-Dog Wrote:  I'm kind of baffled that A-State fans are jumping off the ship so fas. A play here or there away from three straight Sun Belt titles last season and still have a lot to play for this season.

This has been building for several years. I'm one of the people that defended him for 3 years because I felt like he had a lot of rebuilding to do after our revolving door coaching scenario. But he has consistently underperformed in the eyes of the fans and donors. Lots of promises but not much substance.

Stuff that he's done to piss people off include the horrible OOC performance, not winning close games against P5 teams we felt we should be able to compete with, not taking responsibility for poor sportsmanship on and off the field by his players, not holding his position coaches accountable when their groups underperformed, not taking responsibility when we underperform and making excuses and most recently calling out fans who questioned him and his team's performance after the Georgia Southern game.

I'm sure others can ad to my list.
10-10-2018 08:45 AM
KJ Eagle Offline
1st String

It reminds me a lot of when we had Mike Sewak as our coach. He won all of the games that he should have, but any close games or any games against good competition were usually pretty rough. He had a good winning percentage, but left a lot of people scratching their heads after big games. Falling apart after cruising to a pretty good lead against TX ST in the playoffs was his ultimate nail in the coffin.
10-10-2018 09:02 AM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-10-2018 08:45 AM)sdcritter Wrote:  
(10-10-2018 02:42 AM)T-Dog Wrote:  I'm kind of baffled that A-State fans are jumping off the ship so fas. A play here or there away from three straight Sun Belt titles last season and still have a lot to play for this season.

This has been building for several years. I'm one of the people that defended him for 3 years because I felt like he had a lot of rebuilding to do after our revolving door coaching scenario. But he has consistently underperformed in the eyes of the fans and donors. Lots of promises but not much substance.

Stuff that he's done to piss people off include the horrible OOC performance, not winning close games against P5 teams we felt we should be able to compete with, not taking responsibility for poor sportsmanship on and off the field by his players, not holding his position coaches accountable when their groups underperformed, not taking responsibility when we underperform and making excuses and most recently calling out fans who questioned him and his team's performance after the Georgia Southern game.

I'm sure others can ad to my list.

As others have said on the Den....as a head football coach he might be a good insurance salesman.
10-10-2018 09:05 AM
JSinLR Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
I’d say Blake has ridden the JUCO wagon a bit too long...you could see it coming with Troy under Blakeney and you can see it coming here...it’s like a car wreck in slo-mo.
10-10-2018 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.