Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Recruits for 2019-2020
Bookmark and Share
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
Recruits for 2019-2020
I think it's past time to begin this thread. I'm not going to go back and gather up all the stuff from the 2018-2019 thread, but someone else (ETSUfan1?) may want to. But just to start it rolling...……..

Back in July, we offered 6'7" Isaiah Cozart out of Richmond, KY. He's playing center for his HS team. Has quite a few other offers, but all from mid-majors.

Also in July, we offered smooth 6'7" Dallaz Corbitt from West Columbia, SC. Good body control, but not a tremendous leaper, compared to our current players. I think some of us already knew he was on the radar. All other offers are from low- to mid-majors.

Also, in August, we offered 6'9" Donald Fitzgerald from Nash Stratford. We currently are his only offer, according to Verbal Commits. He also plays football for them, and is reportedly a very good student.

We are still the only team listed for the somewhat-Mister-esque Miles Herron, but even at 5'9", I predict he will get lots more offers as this new season unfolds.
10-09-2018 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Heisman

RE: Recruits for 2019-2020
Oops. ETSUfan1 - please change this thread to the "important threads" (if you so deem appropriate) - and then delete this reply. Thanks.
10-09-2018 10:59 AM
squeak Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I'll be impressed if we can knock down Emmanuel Ugboh (JUCO) making him our 3rd 7-footer.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2018 08:54 AM by squeak.)
10-09-2018 09:33 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Two recruits (looked like guards) were at Saturday's open practice.
10-10-2018 05:22 AM
ETSU4Life Offline
Water Engineer

I'm curious to see who we sign in this upcoming class. We currently only have 1 scholarship available, if everyone comes back. James Harrison is the only senior on the roster. Will we sign another guard, a big, or maybe sit out another transfer? Forbes has always had a player sitting out each year he's be in charge. By the way, I heard this weekend that all the players who were visiting on Saturday were underclassmen.....
10-10-2018 11:09 AM
swvabucsfan Offline
All American

Emmanuel Ugboh of Lagos, Nigeria, listed at 6-11 244 at Iowa Western, going into his sophomore year. http://www.goreivers.com/sports/mbkb/201...anuel_8nm2

Freshman year starter who averaged 15.2 minutes, 6.2 points on .628 from the field (no 3's), 6.0 rebounds and 1.6 blocks. http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2017-18/div...lugbohych9

A lefty with some muscle, a good looking body and a quick spin to the basket and lefty finish. And shot blocking. But not a lot else on display in his highlights. Already has offers from Rutgers, Ole Miss and Kent State, and will probably pick up some other power conference offers his sophomore year. http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/emmanuel-ugboh

With N'Guessan and Armus as Juniors next year, and Corley a Senior, is a Junior Center with muscle but limited skills really the way we want to go? (Maybe a little tongue-in-cheek there?)

Or would a 6-5, 6-6 swingman with skills be a more ideal choice? Actually determining the 'ideal' choice would have to wait until we see how all the new additions pan out.
10-10-2018 12:01 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

posterformerlyknownasthedoctor (Aug. 24, 2018):

Me like. Will go for the flush when available instead of banking it. Nice hands, and nice touch on the baby hook. Good footwork on D and doesn't commit too early. Honestly looks like he should go higher than mid-major.

edit/addition:

View of a scout, Marshall Newman:
7’ 260 lb Emmanuel Ugboh downright DOMINANT in the semis of ⁦
@jerrydmullen
⁩ Top 100. 17 pts (8-10 & 3 dunks that shook the building), 8 rbs & 3 blks. Plays in the title game Sunday afternoon. HM for sure
10-10-2018 01:10 PM
Heisman

We've offered JUCO guard Keishawn Brewton - but so have a lot of schools, and he's supposedly wanting to decide soon. And supposedly we're not high on his list. One of his juco teammates wants him to join him over at ECU.

Ugboh is still on the table, but since his sophomore year, his status has risen and he's getting a lot of high-level offers.
04-08-2019 02:54 PM
BigIslandBuc Offline
Special Teams

All right, let's try this here.

My brother told me last week that he saw Kenny Hawkins on TV speaking about 3 recruits for ETSU - Hugley, Monsanto and another high school player whose name he couldn't recall. We tried to look this third recruit up on line and could find nothing about him, so, of course, I made fun of my brother for making up things and losing his memory (either one works). This morning on the radio a caller asked Kenny about this very same report as the caller could not remember the third recruits name. Infuriatingly, Hawkins said that yes, there was another high school recruit, but he couldn't recall the name. What is the deal with this?
04-08-2019 03:21 PM
squeak Offline
1st String

I Root For:
''Also, in August, we offered 6'9" Donald Fitzgerald from Nash Stratford. We currently are his only offer, according to Verbal Commits. He also plays football for them, and is reportedly a very good student.''

I believe Fitzgerald committed to play football at Vandy.
04-09-2019 07:26 AM
Heisman

(04-09-2019 07:26 AM)squeak Wrote:  ''Also, in August, we offered 6'9" Donald Fitzgerald from Nash Stratford. We currently are his only offer, according to Verbal Commits. He also plays football for them, and is reportedly a very good student.''

I believe Fitzgerald committed to play football at Vandy.

Yes; you previously reported that back on Dec. 16th, in the 2018-2019 (post #311) recruiting thread, but it's good that it should be here also. Note that my post which initiated this thread was back in October, previous to your post on that 2018-2019 thread.

It looks as if 6'9'' Don Fitzgerald committed to play football at Vanderbilt.
04-09-2019 11:05 AM
Advertisement

squeak Offline
1st String

I Root For:
If Forbes were to leave would you elevate Shay into the new head coach role? I would, but I'd have the paramedics on standby.
04-09-2019 11:13 AM
Heisman

(04-09-2019 11:13 AM)squeak Wrote:  If Forbes were to leave would you elevate Shay into the new head coach role? I would, but I'd have the paramedics on standby.

No, but I'd rather not state why on here.
04-09-2019 11:35 AM
BaseballPops Offline
2nd String

(04-09-2019 11:13 AM)squeak Wrote:  If Forbes were to leave would you elevate Shay into the new head coach role? I would, but I'd have the paramedics on standby.

I don't think so for a couple of reasons. 1 if we just would have promoted from within or looked to coaches with past ETSU ties ONLY we wouldn't have gotten Forbes. I would hope to get the very best candidate out there and I think there would be lots and lots of interest. However if after casting a wide net and the best candidate turns out to be already on staff that would be great. 2 (like poster states) The second reason I will keep to myself.

ps hope we don't have to worry about it anyhow.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019 05:32 PM by BaseballPops.)
04-09-2019 04:58 PM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(04-09-2019 04:58 PM)BaseballPops Wrote:  

I don't think so for a couple of reasons. 1 if we just would have just promoted from within or looked to coaches with past ETSU ties only we wouldn't have gotten Forbes. However if after casting a wide net and the best candidate turns out to be already on staff that would be great. 2 (like poster states) I will keep to myself.

ps hope we don't have to worry about it anyhow.

I would be surprised if Forbes didn't take most if not all of his staff with him were he to move.
04-09-2019 05:19 PM
Heisman

(04-08-2019 02:54 PM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  We've offered JUCO guard Keishawn Brewton - but so have a lot of schools, and he's supposedly wanting to decide soon. And supposedly we're not high on his list. One of his juco teammates wants him to join him over at ECU.

Ugboh is still on the table, but since his sophomore year, his status has risen and he's getting a lot of high-level offers.

Brewton committed to the Chanticleers today. I didn't think there was really much chance of him coming here. Not sure how hot Forbes was on him lately. He's a driven person with plenty of game. Good luck to him.
04-16-2019 12:23 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

(04-08-2019 02:54 PM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  Ugboh is still on the table, but since his sophomore year, his status has risen and he's getting a lot of high-level offers.

As someone noted on last year's recruiting thread, Ugboh committed to Tulsa on Friday.

I've also heard vague rumors we're after someone who's "under the radar". That's all I've heard and doesn't tell us much, does it?
04-22-2019 11:39 AM
Heisman

Ervin visited Appy either yesterday and/or today, and liked it a lot. Their new coach (Kerns) is originally from the Kpt. area, and they already knew each other.

Buuuutttt..............I've also heard ETSU may actually have a chance with him. A greater chance than I was thinking, and apparently Forbes is truly trying to reel him in.
Annnnd...........he's not completely ruled out Wofford, altho that's getting less and less likely as time goes on.

Anybody know if Forbes is in either Atlanta or Dallas right now?
04-26-2019 02:18 AM
Heisman

squeak Wrote:
I’d settle for a rumor about now.

JamesWilson: Me Too !!!

Ok..........here ya go....... Ervin is continuing to lean slowly more and more towards ETSU. Not *really* news, but reports are that "he's beginning to feel it". FAR from a done deal, however.
04-29-2019 11:44 AM
BigIslandBuc Offline
Special Teams

It probably has already been reported (but I am too lazy to look back through older posts), but Zac Ervin and Patrick Good have referenced each other a few times on each other's twitter account. Good on the 26th of April included an intriguing emoji (if an emoji can ever be intriguing).

https://twitter.com/patgood00?lang=en

https://twitter.com/zacervin23?lang=en
04-29-2019 04:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.