Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
SEC Week Seven
Who y'all got for this week?

Florida 41, Vandy 10 - Florida is starting to get it rolling

Auburn 38, Tennessee 3 - Tennessee is just bad

LSU 28, UGA 21 - Upset alert. Bounce back game for LSU

TAMU 31, South Carolina 21 - Just don't see SC winning big games two weeks in a row. Plus the QB situation is a mess right now and we will likely be without one of our best defensive players still

Alabama 62, Missouri 28 - Missouri might hang around for a while but Alabama is too good for anyone.

Ole Miss 48, Arkansas 31 - Ole Miss can still score a bunch
10-08-2018 08:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
RE: SEC Week Seven
Florida
Auburn
Georgia
Texas A&M
Alabama
Mississippi
10-08-2018 12:41 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
Florida 30-21 Vandy

Auburn 42-6 Tennessee Tenners will still be ranked above 14th place in SEC power rankings for some unknown reason.

LSU 24-31 Georgia should be close, but giving UGA home field advantage

A&M 34-21 South Carolina Aggie too Strong

Alabama 52-17 Mizzou Saban gonna be mad letting Arkansas score so much last week

Ole Miss 28-35 Arkansas. Morris gets second win at the Rockwith sold out enthusiastic fans
10-08-2018 11:11 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
Florida vs Vandy

Auburn vs Tennessee

LSU vs Georgia

Texas A&M vs South Carolina

Alabama vs Missouri

Ole Miss vs Arkansas
10-10-2018 09:20 AM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

I Root For: Canine & Avian
Florida

Auburn

Georgia

South Carolina (upset special)

Alabama

Arkansas (second upset special)

Com' on, need a little gamble here.
10-10-2018 10:28 AM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(10-08-2018 08:25 AM)Gamecock Wrote:  Who y'all got for this week?

Florida 41, Vandy 10 - Florida is starting to get it rolling

Auburn 38, Tennessee 3 - Tennessee is just bad

LSU 28, UGA 21 - Upset alert. Bounce back game for LSU

TAMU 31, South Carolina 21 - Just don't see SC winning big games two weeks in a row. Plus the QB situation is a mess right now and we will likely be without one of our best defensive players still

Alabama 62, Missouri 28 - Missouri might hang around for a while but Alabama is too good for anyone.

Ole Miss 48, Arkansas 31 - Ole Miss can still score a bunch

Florida
Auburn
Georgia
South Carolina
Alabama
Ole Miss
10-11-2018 10:58 AM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
It was an interesting week.

South Carolina looked better in spite of the loss. Auburn looked worse so they did lose. Arkansas almost won. Alabama picked up some dings with their win. And L.S.U. manhandled Georgia while Vandy pushed the Gators hard. Miss State and Kentucky took the week off.

So Alabama remains our lone unbeaten while Kentucky, Georgia, L.S.U. and Florida all have one loss. I think everyone else has 2 or more.

In the Big 10 Iowa has 1 loss and Michigan has 1 loss and OSU remains their only unbeaten team.

Next week one of Clemson and N.C. State will have their first loss when they play. Duke has 1 loss.

In the Big 12 there are no unbeaten schools now. Texas, Oklahoma and West Virginia all have 1 loss.

In the PAC USC is currently leading Colorado 21-7 in the 3rd qtr and Oregon and Washington State each have 1 loss.

The herd is getting really thin now and the end of season could get very interesting indeed.
10-13-2018 11:57 PM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

(10-13-2018 11:57 PM)JRsec Wrote:  It was an interesting week.

South Carolina looked better in spite of the loss. Auburn looked worse so they did lose. Arkansas almost won. Alabama picked up some dings with their win. And L.S.U. manhandled Georgia while Vandy pushed the Gators hard. Miss State and Kentucky took the week off.

So Alabama remains our lone unbeaten while Kentucky, Georgia, L.S.U. and Florida all have one loss. I think everyone else has 2 or more.

In the Big 10 Iowa has 1 loss and Michigan has 1 loss and OSU remains their only unbeaten team.

Next week one of Clemson and N.C. State will have their first loss when they play. Duke has 1 loss.

In the Big 12 there are no unbeaten schools now. Texas, Oklahoma and West Virginia all have 1 loss.

In the PAC USC is currently leading Colorado 21-7 in the 3rd qtr and Oregon and Washington State each have 1 loss.

The herd is getting really thin now and the end of season could get very interesting indeed.

And Notre Dame squeaked by Pitt to remain unbeaten.

My 2 SEC upset picks came close, but fell short.

Yes, the end of the season will be a big fuss as to who gets a play-off bid.

Biggest one game flops of the week:. Georgia; West Virginia.

Penn State blew another one by turning to protectionism and defensive mode late.

The SEC? It's Alabama, then the jumbled rest.
10-14-2018 10:11 AM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

Pollsters may start viewing now that Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Clemson, will be having the inside track to the playoffs. Chances are good at least two of those will have a loss before the regular season concludes.
10-14-2018 10:26 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(10-14-2018 10:11 AM)OdinFrigg Wrote:  

Penn State blew another one by turning to protectionism and defensive mode late.

I did some schedule peaking at the remaining schedules last night.

I don't think Iowa finishes with just one loss. They look to pick up another, likely against Penn State. Michigan's defense is strong enough that they may give Ohio State a run for their money this year. Anyway I think the Big 10 will finish with either 1 undefeated team and no school with fewer than two losses, or two 1 loss schools.

If Alabama gets by L.S.U. I don't see a defense strong enough to stop them.

N.C. State might have a shot at upsetting Clemson, but certainly nobody else does until they play South Carolina and that game should prove more of a tussle and if the Cocks play well that day it's possible.

Oregon plays Wash St. this next week one of them moves to 2 losses. Colorado isn't good at all and will lose again, maybe twice.

Notre Dame could face a challenge at U.S.C. if they continue to improve but other than that I think they get in.

There's nothing stellar in the Big 12.

Georgia could lose to Florida, Kentucky, or Auburn if a stout defense can stymie them like L.S.U.'s did.

If Tua is hurt things could get very muddled indeed.
10-14-2018 12:54 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
(10-14-2018 12:54 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(10-14-2018 10:11 AM)OdinFrigg Wrote:  

I did some schedule peaking at the remaining schedules last night.

I don't think Iowa finishes with just one loss. They look to pick up another, likely against Penn State. Michigan's defense is strong enough that they may give Ohio State a run for their money this year. Anyway I think the Big 10 will finish with either 1 undefeated team and no school with fewer than two losses, or two 1 loss schools.

If Alabama gets by L.S.U. I don't see a defense strong enough to stop them.

N.C. State might have a shot at upsetting Clemson, but certainly nobody else does until they play South Carolina and that game should prove more of a tussle and if the Cocks play well that day it's possible.

Oregon plays Wash St. this next week one of them moves to 2 losses. Colorado isn't good at all and will lose again, maybe twice.

Notre Dame could face a challenge at U.S.C. if they continue to improve but other than that I think they get in.

There's nothing stellar in the Big 12.

Georgia could lose to Florida, Kentucky, or Auburn if a stout defense can stymie them like L.S.U.'s did.

If Tua is hurt things could get very muddled indeed.

Texas is hot right now. Conference is theirs to lose.

Heard a stat that Georgia has not yet beaten s team with a winning record.

Next few weeks will shake up the standings.

I’m not too wore about Alabama...they still have a QB starting that win a National Title.
10-14-2018 01:01 PM
Advertisement

BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
Right now, I’d have:
1. Alabama
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson
4. Notre Dame

However, if Ohio St, Clemson, and Notre Dame lose then a 1-loss SEC champ who isn’t Alabama gets in. For example, if LSU beats Alabama and goes to the SEC CCG and plays a 1-loss Florida, Georgia, or Kentucky, then the champion should get in. Assuming Notre Dame loses and LSU runs the table and Alabama’s only loss is LSU:

1. Ohio St
2. Clemson
3. Alabama
4. LSU

B1G could get 2 if Michigan runs the table, Ohio St has 1 loss, and either Clemson or Notre Dame lose. XII is out barring 2 of the above lose and either Texas or Oklahoma runs the table. I don’t see how the PAC gets in.
10-14-2018 01:13 PM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

You just know the selection committee, advertisers, and the established sports media would love to have a one-loss (first game vs MD) Texas. Texas though, has a few challenging games yet to play. Some may be dreaming of a nostalgic Texas-Notre Dame match-up.

Ohio State would not want to get anywhere near Clemson.
10-14-2018 03:20 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
Locke has awesome natural talent, but sometimes plays like he is still in Jr High. He is a very streaky player and he has a real problem with understanding defenses, reads, etc. He makes terrible decisions. He fumbles instead of just taking the sack, and later takes the snap in the end zone and just stands there and takes a safety. Defenses read him and pick him off weekly. There is no chance this kid is ready for the NFL. Not even close. Yes, Alabama is tough, but so are the New England Patriots. They will eat his lunch. He reminds me of Cutler.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2018 03:34 PM by USAFMEDIC.)
10-14-2018 03:32 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(10-14-2018 03:32 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  Locke has awesome natural talent, but sometimes plays like he is still in Jr High. He is a very streaky player and he has a real problem with understanding defenses, reads, etc. He makes terrible decisions. He fumbles instead of just taking the sack, and later takes the snap in the end zone and just stands there and takes a safety. Defenses read him and pick him off weekly. There is no chance this kid is ready for the NFL. Not even close. Yes, Alabama is tough, but so are the New England Patriots. They will eat his lunch. He reminds me of Cutler.

That may be true, but he's better than Stidham.
10-14-2018 04:06 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(10-14-2018 04:06 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(10-14-2018 03:32 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  Locke has awesome natural talent, but sometimes plays like he is still in Jr High. He is a very streaky player and he has a real problem with understanding defenses, reads, etc. He makes terrible decisions. He fumbles instead of just taking the sack, and later takes the snap in the end zone and just stands there and takes a safety. Defenses read him and pick him off weekly. There is no chance this kid is ready for the NFL. Not even close. Yes, Alabama is tough, but so are the New England Patriots. They will eat his lunch. He reminds me of Cutler.

I would trade him for Hurt in a minute. Do you think Gus will lose his job if you lose 4-5 games? People are grumbling.
10-14-2018 10:33 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

(10-14-2018 10:33 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  

I would trade him for Hurt in a minute. Do you think Gus will lose his job if you lose 4-5 games? People are grumbling.

His contract is 7 million a year for 7 years and will have 6 years remaining at the end of the year, so no. It was the parting gift of the worst A.D. to ever serve Auburn, Jay Jacobs.
10-14-2018 10:39 PM
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
If LSU loses a game before they ‘Bama, I am predicting an LSU upset right now. UGA came into Death Valley somewhat unprepared, and Coach O took full advantage, plus the loss to the Gators earlier gave LSU extra motivation. Coach Smart will be able to use this loss as motivation for the Dawgs!!
10-15-2018 10:12 AM
Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
(10-15-2018 10:12 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  If LSU loses a game before they ‘Bama, I am predicting an LSU upset right now. UGA came into Death Valley somewhat unprepared, and Coach O took full advantage, plus the loss to the Gators earlier gave LSU extra motivation. Coach Smart will be able to use this loss as motivation for the Dawgs!!

Looks like they have Mississippi State and then a bye week before Alabama.
10-15-2018 01:25 PM
OdinFrigg Offline
Gone Fishing

(10-14-2018 10:39 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(10-14-2018 10:33 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  

His contract is 7 million a year for 7 years and will have 6 years remaining at the end of the year, so no. It was the parting gift of the worst A.D. to ever serve Auburn, Jay Jacobs.
.....unless another major school offers Gus a HC job. But no school is going to offer him that kind of money for that long.

It could turn into a nasty situation. Major fan and booster discontent will negatively impact attendance and thus, recruiting.

Wouldn't Auburn's President and BoT have had to approve Jacob's contract proposal for Gus? Rubber-stamping such looks problematic if that is how it happened.

Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer, and Chip Kelly, and perhaps a couple of others can demand that kind of money. Gus has those up and down seasons that don't appear to warrant such. Auburn is capable of attracting the finest.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2018 08:27 AM by OdinFrigg.)
10-15-2018 08:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.