Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

David Gergen is full never Trumper
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
I guess he is irrelevant so he has to hang onto a gig at CNN. Tears into Senator Collins for telling the truth. https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/06/opinions/...index.html

Sad how some of these journalists have sold their souls.
10-07-2018 09:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: David Gergen is full never Trumper
(10-07-2018 09:38 PM)bullet Wrote:  I guess he is irrelevant so he has to hang onto a gig at CNN. Tears into Senator Collins for telling the truth. https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/06/opinions/...index.html

No real conservative (including anyone that is even marginally conservative) can dog voting for Trump as he has flipped the balance of the Supreme Court for a generation. Any Never Trumper is not a conservative. The alternative in November of 2016 was Hillary Clinton—-which would have meant a solidly liberal SC for the next generation. Never Ttump Republicans are egotistical frauds who have revealed themselves as folks who’s personal animosities are more important than the good of the nation.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 10:57 PM by Attackcoog.)
10-07-2018 09:50 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
A long, long time ago, David Gergen worked on the White House staff for both Presidents Nixon and Reagan. Maybe Ford, too, I’m not sure. So clearly there is some Republican pedigree there in the distant past. But now, I don’t think he claims to be a Republican anymore. Not even of the “Never Trump” variety.

But whether he does or does not, who cares. He is like Thomas Friedman’s slightly less-liberal WASP neighbor who can always be counted on to *Not* take the Republican side of any debate unless the GOP and Dems have the same policy.
10-07-2018 09:59 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(10-07-2018 09:50 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(10-07-2018 09:38 PM)bullet Wrote:  I guess he is irrelevant so he has to hang onto a gig at CNN. Tears into Senator Collins for telling the truth. https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/06/opinions/...index.html

No real conservative (including anyone that is even marginally conservative) cannot dog voting for Trump as he has flipped the balance of the Supreme Court for a generation. Any Never Trumper is not a conservative. The alternative in November of 2016 was Hillary Clinton—-which would have meant a solidly liberal SC for the next generation. Never Ttump Republicans are egotistical frauds who have revealed themselves as folks who’s personal animosities are more important than the good of the nation.

To an extent (a small extent mind you), I could understand the NeverTrumpers in the beginning. When talking about DC insiders, politicians, career gubmint employees, and talking heads of the MSM, Trump was an outsider. Crude, crass, orange, not one of them, not a member of the club. Heck, he hadn't even ever tried to join their club and they resented it!

But after two years of watching the man going toe-to-toe with the left, the MSM, the Soros money, fighting the obvious seditious bastards in the Deep State who were spying on his campaign and then trying to hamstring his presidency (all illegally), and after two years of watching him slashing government regulations to improve our business climate, working tirelessly to improve the lot of American workers, working tirelessly to improve our economy, and playing hardball with those who have taken advantage of our wealth and generosity for decades, HOW CAN THEY NOT GET BEHIND THIS LEADER?

Attackcoog nailed it above. They're not conservatives. I don't know what they are and I don't care. Get on board the Magnificent Orange Train or walk mother *******. We're moving forward as a country and you can either be a part of it, or join the resistance and sky scream.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 10:13 PM by TechRocks.)
10-07-2018 10:11 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC

You have to have one first before you can sell it. I don't think some of them have a conscience or a soul, metaphorically speaking. If your business is reporting things which are not true and which ruin peoples' lives, and which may put the security of your nation in jeopardy, then I seriously question what kind of being can accept such a role for mere cash?

And BTW: Gergen is the kind of Republican who was very corporately connected in the same way as H.W.. Many of those have been sustained on corporate campaign money by the same corporations that buy many of the Democrats as well. It has never been as simple as Republicans versus Democrats. At least hate of Trump made the Corporately backed Republicans like McCain and Ryan show their true colors. That's good in the long run as well.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 10:19 PM by JRsec.)
10-07-2018 10:13 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(10-07-2018 10:11 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  

No real conservative (including anyone that is even marginally conservative) cannot dog voting for Trump as he has flipped the balance of the Supreme Court for a generation. Any Never Trumper is not a conservative. The alternative in November of 2016 was Hillary Clinton—-which would have meant a solidly liberal SC for the next generation. Never Ttump Republicans are egotistical frauds who have revealed themselves as folks who’s personal animosities are more important than the good of the nation.

To an extent (a small extent mind you), I could understand the NeverTrumpers in the beginning. When talking about DC insiders, politicians, career gubmint employees, and talking heads of the MSM, Trump was an outsider. Crude, crass, orange, not one of them, not a member of the club. Heck, he hadn't even ever tried to join their club and they resented it!

But after two years of watching the man going toe-to-toe with the left, the MSM, the Soros money, fighting the obvious seditious bastards in the Deep State who were spying on his campaign and then trying to hamstring his presidency (all illegally), and after two years of watching him slashing government regulations to improve our business climate, working tirelessly to improve the lot of American workers, working tirelessly to improve our economy, and playing hardball with those who have taken advantage of our wealth and generosity for decades, HOW CAN THEY NOT GET BEHIND THIS LEADER?

Attackcoog nailed it above. They're not conservatives. I don't know what they are and I don't care. Get on board the Magnificent Orange Train or walk mother *******. We're moving forward as a country and you can either be a part of it, or join the resistance and sky scream.

Exactly. Trump is more conservative than most of the Gergans and George Will's of the world. If you'll notice, its really the blueblood psudo-intellectual right that really seems to have its panties in a knot over Trump. Of course, these are the same folks that often would snicker and disown the Christian right--without whom---I doubt any republican since Reagan would have been elected president. Now, Im not really a huge social conservative--Im kinda of a live and let live guy on many of those issues (Im basically a fiscal conservative), but you'd be a fool not to see the Christian right has been a huge asset to the Republican Party. Trump is the same. Sometimes the things he says make me cringe---but his hard nose never back down style has actually been far more effective in battling the politically correct left and their captive mainstream media allies than the previous Republican strategy of liberal appeasement. Trump, has been about as subtle as a bulldozer--but about as effective as that same bulldozer at moving many key aspects of his agenda forward. In other words---it may not be pretty--but it's working.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 11:13 PM by Attackcoog.)
10-07-2018 11:08 PM
TechRocks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tech
(10-07-2018 11:08 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(10-07-2018 10:11 PM)TechRocks Wrote:  

Exactly. Trump is more conservative than most of the Gergans and George Will's of the world. If you'll notice, its really the blueblood psudo-intellectual right that really seems to have its panties in a knot over Trump. Of course, these are the same folks that often would snicker and disown the Christian right--without whom---I doubt any republican since Reagan would have been elected president. Now, Im not really a huge social conservative--Im kinda of a live and let live guy on many of those issues (Im basically a fiscal conservative), but you'd be a fool not to see the Christian right has been a huge asset to the Republican Party. Trump is the same. Sometimes the things he says make me cringe---but his hard nose never back down style has actually been far more effective in battling the politically correct left and their captive mainstream media allies than the previous Republican strategy of liberal appeasement. Trump, has been about as subtle as a bulldozer--but about as effective as that same bulldozer at moving many key aspects of his agenda forward. In other words---it may not be pretty--but it's working.

Yup, and as I laid out all the things he's done that I believe make it worth supporting him now if you didn't support him before, he's keeping his campaign promises. How many politicians ever do that?

Gitmo's still open for business if I remember correctly, and the earth still hasn't healed.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 11:28 PM by TechRocks.)
10-07-2018 11:26 PM
Jjoey52 Offline
All American

I Root For: ISU
George Will has a great deal of knowledge about baseball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 11:37 PM by Jjoey52.)
10-07-2018 11:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.