Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USM vs. UNT 10/13 1PM CT TV: ESPN3
Bookmark and Share
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
USM vs. UNT 10/13 1PM CT TV: ESPN3
Too early for a game thread? I think not. My prediction: USM has their most complete football game in all phases, throwing, running, defense, and special teams. Also think true freshman RB Travenski Mosely has a breakout game and eclipses the 100 yard mark for the first time

USM 33
UNT 24
10-07-2018 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
RE: USM vs. UNT 10/13 1PM CT TV: ESPN3
I think the Mean Green were looking ahead to the USM game when they played UTEP this weekend. I am not putting much into that game. We will face their best game this weekend. I expect they will have a full house for this game. They are going to be tough to handle. Hopefully our team is up to the challenge, because it is going to be a big one.
10-07-2018 04:16 PM
AustinFromUNT Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UNT
UNT was hungover from the LA Tech game, both physically and emotionally. We sat some guys we could have played against UTEP so that they could get back to full health. UNT will be looking to avenge the loss at home against LA Tech. Also, SL has not lost to USM as a head coach. UNT wins 45-24
10-07-2018 06:50 PM
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
(10-07-2018 06:50 PM)AustinFromUNT Wrote:  UNT was hungover from the LA Tech game, both physically and emotionally. We sat some guys we could have played against UTEP so that they could get back to full health. UNT will be looking to avenge the loss at home against LA Tech. Also, SL has not lost to USM as a head coach. UNT wins 45-24

Well, Austin, you could very well be right. I will say though, you were pretty far off on your LaTech smack, so there is hope for us maybe.
10-07-2018 07:16 PM
gulfcoastgal Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
In the past, ESPN3 games were rediculed here. I’m just glad I can watch it. SMTTT!
10-07-2018 08:12 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
I expect North Texas to be out of their funk by Saturday. The rested players will be back in the line up, and our players understands that the LT loss has opened up the west again.

This game hinges on the answer to three questions...

1. Does Southern Miss have a Ferguson? If not, our O-line will do their job and Mason Fine will pick the USM secondary apart.

2. Can Southern Miss run on the UNT defensive front? North Texas has played well against the run.

3. UNT has a good secondary, but we lost our best CB against LT. Will North Texas get better play from our back ups until Hall returns? If not, USM could hit on some deep passes and move the chains.

I'm giving the edge to North Texas.
10-07-2018 08:15 PM
Advertisement

nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
You know, Austin could be right, or it could be USM winning that big. However, it will be a much lower scoring game with USM winning 24-21...
10-07-2018 08:18 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

Our front seven has wrecked havoc all year long. I expect the same vs. UNT. The problem is, will UNT be able to run the ball against USM? Last year UNT's running back ran for over 100 yards against us. Having success running opens up the passing game which had a lot to do with Fine picking us apart...well that RB is now in the NFL and UNT's starting RB this year is out for the year. Also, last year's DC is no longer at USM anymore (thank god!!). If UNT can run the ball then y'all have a very good chance of winning. If our defense takes away UNT's run game then we win big.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 09:01 PM by TTT.)
10-07-2018 09:00 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(10-07-2018 09:00 PM)TTT Wrote:  Our front seven has wrecked havoc all year long. I expect the same vs. UNT. The problem is, will UNT be able to run the ball against USM? Last year UNT's running back ran for over 100 yards against us. Having success running opens up the passing game which had a lot to do with Fine picking us apart...well that RB is now in the NFL and UNT's starting RB this year is out for the year. Also, last year's DC is no longer at USM anymore (thank god!!). If UNT can run the ball then y'all have a very good chance of winning. If our defense takes away UNT's run game then we win big.

will say

against smu....north texas had 68 rushing yards, won by 23

against incarnate word...rushed for 153...won by 42

against arkansas....rushed for 95....won by 27

against liberty...rushed for 346...won by 40

against la tech...rushed for 131...lost by 2

against utep...rushed for 134...won by 3

i really don't think that the rushing matters...the game depends upon fine and the ol...that simple...fine is safe and protected, north texas wins...if he isn't...probably lose
10-07-2018 09:59 PM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

As a defense...I like our chances if it's 3rd and long :)
10-08-2018 08:35 AM
va-eagle Offline
1st String

(10-07-2018 08:12 PM)gulfcoastgal Wrote:  In the past, ESPN3 games were rediculed here. I’m just glad I can watch it. SMTTT!

04-rock
10-08-2018 09:31 AM
Advertisement

va-eagle Offline
1st String

Like the UNT posters have stated over and over, the LaTech game was too emotional on their players and they are finding it difficult to get out of the psychotic funk.

I think UNT will need another weekend of mental recovery.

USM 33
UNT 27

USM will put UNT out of their misery.
10-08-2018 09:35 AM
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

(10-07-2018 09:00 PM)TTT Wrote:  Our front seven has wrecked havoc all year long. I expect the same vs. UNT. The problem is, will UNT be able to run the ball against USM? Last year UNT's running back ran for over 100 yards against us. Having success running opens up the passing game which had a lot to do with Fine picking us apart...well that RB is now in the NFL and UNT's starting RB this year is out for the year. Also, last year's DC is no longer at USM anymore (thank god!!). If UNT can run the ball then y'all have a very good chance of winning. If our defense takes away UNT's run game then we win big.

The running back position will be an issue for us the rest of the season. Easly wasn't the fastest but fast enough, hard to bring down, and made good decisions.
He was just coming into his own when his knee blew. We're now rotating two guys who are fast but small. They can't move the pile and they don't make the right cut at times.

Seth's version of the Air Raid is much more run heavy than Leach. We're not going to abandon the run. We'll still try to keep a balanced attack. We'll have to be more creative and try to get our backs into the open field. We'll probably continue to see receivers getting the ball in the backfield.
10-08-2018 10:18 AM
va-eagle Offline
1st String

(10-08-2018 10:18 AM)NorthTexan95 Wrote:  

The running back position will be an issue for us the rest of the season. Easly wasn't the fastest but fast enough, hard to bring down, and made good decisions.
He was just coming into his own when his knee blew. We're now rotating two guys who are fast but small. They can't move the pile and they don't make the right cut at times.

Seth's version of the Air Raid is much more run heavy than Leach. We're not going to abandon the run. We'll still try to keep a balanced attack. We'll have to be more creative and try to get our backs into the open field. We'll probably continue to see receivers getting the ball in the backfield.

You'll see a lot of that from USM. Our secondary graduated last season and we have an inexperienced group now, but they are doing good. If you got tall WRs, then you can burn us on some deep passes.
10-08-2018 11:46 AM
Lizard Breath Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
UNT is still hungover, their players that didn't play will need another week to get back to normal. Even then they might have another mental breakdown sometime during the season or a hangover. USM 34 UNT 28.
10-08-2018 11:56 AM
Cerebus Offline
Bench Warmer

Line opens up at USM +9
10-08-2018 12:08 PM
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

Guyton had like 38 catches for 4,000 yards against us last year
10-08-2018 12:11 PM
Cerebus Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-08-2018 12:11 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Guyton had like 38 catches for 4,000 yards against us last year

Guyton is still here but Bussey seems to have taken over as the #1 receiver. Darden has also taken a lot of catches.
10-08-2018 12:15 PM
MGNation92 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNT
(10-08-2018 12:15 PM)Cerebus Wrote:  
(10-08-2018 12:11 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  Guyton had like 38 catches for 4,000 yards against us last year

Guyton is still here but Bussey seems to have taken over as the #1 receiver. Darden has also taken a lot of catches.

No surprise considering Guyton has dropped damn near everything thrown at him
10-08-2018 01:16 PM
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

(10-07-2018 08:12 PM)gulfcoastgal Wrote:  In the past, ESPN3 games were rediculed here. I’m just glad I can watch it. SMTTT!

New slogan: "ESPN 3 ... it's better than nothing!"

ESPN 3 always has issues streaming, especially early in the season. Facebook games provide a much better stream.
10-08-2018 02:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.