Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF make up game
MrCincy Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati
UCF make up game
Who is UCF going to play to make up for their cancelled FB game??
10-03-2018 04:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MagicKnightmare Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
RE: UCF make up game
(10-03-2018 04:00 AM)MrCincy Wrote:  Who is UCF going to play to make up for their cancelled FB game??

Nobody. We play the Thursday after our bye week so not a true bye week. We didn't lose a home game so we didn't lose the home game revenue. We still have 7 home games this season and 4 road games.

Having 11 vs 12 won't matter just like playing GT wouldn't have mattered last season. We aren't getting into the playoffs by adding a 12th game and we aren't missing a bowl by not having it so its a moot point.
10-03-2018 06:09 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
UCF’s official response has been no makeup from the beginning.

There was no single opponent that was going to change our SOS anyways. It’s not like Alabama was going to free up their schedule to play us.
10-03-2018 06:49 AM
SublimeKnight Offline
All American

I'd rather the team keeps thier bye week. Last year they were running on fumes for the last few games.

I think the AAC Championship game was like week 11 in a row.
10-03-2018 06:49 AM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
On top of all that, UCF has better than even odds of being in the championship game. ECU (and NC State), not so much so it's safe to scheduled this game.
10-03-2018 06:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Knight Time Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Our make up game will be the AAC CG
10-03-2018 07:22 AM
Advertisement

bcat4311 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincy
10-03-2018 10:14 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(10-03-2018 06:49 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  UCF’s official response has been no makeup from the beginning.

There was no single opponent that was going to change our SOS anyways. It’s not like Alabama was going to free up their schedule to play us.

I don't know about all that. You'd be replacing a terrible UNC-Chapel Hill team. I think South Carolina, VT, and WVU are all looking for replacement games. Any of those would help your SOS.

With that being said, your schedule is a problem (the Thursday game thing would keep you from using your bye). Our game against NC State is just there as a placeholder if neither of us is in our conf. championship games. Assuming we're talking about playoff consideration and all that, you guys would have to be in the CCG for the SOS bump to matter.

With that being said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to do the kind of backup scheduling we did with any of those teams. If you end up dropping a game or two in conference, having that 12th game could at least get you some loot. No real downside to the idea.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2018 11:19 AM by CoastalJuan.)
10-03-2018 11:18 AM
MrCincy Offline
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-03-2018 06:09 AM)MagicKnightmare Wrote:  
(10-03-2018 04:00 AM)MrCincy Wrote:  Who is UCF going to play to make up for their cancelled FB game??

Nobody. We play the Thursday after our bye week so not a true bye week. We didn't lose a home game so we didn't lose the home game revenue. We still have 7 home games this season and 4 road games.

Having 11 vs 12 won't matter just like playing GT wouldn't have mattered last season. We aren't getting into the playoffs by adding a 12th game and we aren't missing a bowl by not having it so its a moot point.
Thanks for the information.
10-03-2018 11:19 AM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

UCF v WVU would be a good game with playoff implications.
10-03-2018 11:28 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(10-03-2018 11:28 AM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  UCF v WVU would be a good game with playoff implications.

Not really. For UCF to truly be in playoff consideration, they wouldn't be available to play WVU on 12/1 because they'd be in the conference championship game.

Doesn't mean that scheduling WVU as a backup for that date is a bad idea. It would be good exposure on a day that, while everyone is watching football, only a few games on. Personally, I'd rather be playing WVU that day than NCSU.
10-03-2018 11:31 AM
Advertisement

BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
They didn't want to play one to avoid the short week.

It's a cop out. And it's why they will deservedly miss the playoff.
10-03-2018 12:02 PM
NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
I don't see why you can't play a non-con on 12/8. They don't release the standings until after Army-Navy anyway and it would be a big stage without as much competition. Could change some minds by beating a WVU on national TV the day before final playoff reveal.
10-03-2018 12:07 PM
MagicKnightmare Offline
1st String

(10-03-2018 12:02 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  They didn't want to play one to avoid the short week.

Yup. We will miss the playoff because we didn't reschedule a game against a bottom feeder ACC team. That is the only reason. There is no other reason. You are so smart. 07-coffee3

Good to know you think we will be in that position though. Doesn't show a lot of faith or support for your school.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2018 12:09 PM by MagicKnightmare.)
10-03-2018 12:08 PM
TN Knightfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF Knights
(10-03-2018 12:02 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  They didn't want to play one to avoid the short week.

We'll miss the playoff because the playoff committee doesn't respect this conference, of which you are a part.

Keep taking shots at UCF and siding with the same people who thought so little of your team last year that they never ranked usf, despite the fact that they only lost to the eventual AP #6 team by 7 and a talented (if underachieving) Houston team by 4. Side with them.
10-03-2018 12:49 PM
slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(10-03-2018 12:07 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  I don't see why you can't play a non-con on 12/8. They don't release the standings until after Army-Navy anyway and it would be a big stage without as much competition. Could change some minds by beating a WVU on national TV the day before final playoff reveal.

Wrong. Final standings are released the Sunday after the conference championships - six days before America's Game. IF Navy is in play for a NY6 bowl as highest rank champion of a non-contract-bowl conference, then that bowl and that bowl only will be finalized only after the Army-Navy game and further committee deliberations.

From the Selection Committee protocol:
If the committee believes the result of the Army-Navy game could affect Army’s or Navy’s ranking and therefore its place in the playoff or its selection as the group of five representative, only the pairings that affect Army or Navy would be delayed until after the Army-Navy game. In such case, the committee would convene by teleconference as soon as practicable after conclusion of the game, and would announce its revised rankings that Saturday night.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sport...tocol.aspx
10-03-2018 01:02 PM
Advertisement

NBPirate Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
(10-03-2018 01:02 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(10-03-2018 12:07 PM)NBPirate Wrote:  I don't see why you can't play a non-con on 12/8. They don't release the standings until after Army-Navy anyway and it would be a big stage without as much competition. Could change some minds by beating a WVU on national TV the day before final playoff reveal.

Wrong. Final standings are released the Sunday after the conference championships - six days before America's Game. IF Navy is in play for a NY6 bowl as highest rank champion of a non-contract-bowl conference, then that bowl and that bowl only will be finalized only after the Army-Navy game and further committee deliberations.

From the Selection Committee protocol:
If the committee believes the result of the Army-Navy game could affect Army’s or Navy’s ranking and therefore its place in the playoff or its selection as the group of five representative, only the pairings that affect Army or Navy would be delayed until after the Army-Navy game. In such case, the committee would convene by teleconference as soon as practicable after conclusion of the game, and would announce its revised rankings that Saturday night.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sport...tocol.aspx

OK, so UCF could make an arrangement with WVU or SC or whoever, that if neither is playing in their conference championships, they'll play that date.
10-03-2018 04:09 PM
Mike the Knight Offline
I Bleed Black & Gold

Lol. You say some funny ****. IF playing/winning a make-up game meant we would get into the playoff, I guarantee we would have something scheduled.
10-03-2018 07:44 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(10-03-2018 07:44 PM)Mike the Knight Wrote:  

Lol. You say some funny ****. IF playing/winning a make-up game meant we would get into the playoff, I guarantee we would have something scheduled.

The cfp is fully controlled by the 5 conferences. Not going to change anything.
10-03-2018 07:55 PM
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
UCF could play Alabama during their bye week and win. It will earn them #5 in the CFP rankings. They wont get in the playoffs regardless.
10-04-2018 06:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.