Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NCAA Football 2005
Bookmark and Share
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

I Root For: all my hoes!
Crappies

I bought this game on Thursday after hearing all of the hype. I usually do not buy new video games, but this time I made an exception and I am glad I did. I was so surprised that when I chose my home team to be met with the Cougar fight song. The stadium looks just like our current stadium and they even have the coach in the game. The logos and everything is just awesome.

My only complaint is about passing. It is pretty tough and there are times that the passes sail long when the shouldn't and the players sometimes drop passes that they shouldn't.

This game is awesome, let me hear some other people's thoughts or if you have some suggestions to help me with my passing.
07-19-2004 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

lauramac Offline

I Root For: ,
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesBlazerTalk AwardNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

uhmump (or any other Coogs) - do you know if the game has the real Rice fight song, or is it still the generic one? OwlJacket wants to know.
07-19-2004 02:40 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

The Rice fight song is Louie Louie right? If it is the fight song, then the game does not have the correct fight song.
07-19-2004 03:57 PM
prettyricky Offline
The Peoples Champ

I Root For: Da Coog's

The passing is so much harder than 2004, but the runnig is so much easier. I dont know why they make the QB's so inaccurate, but in a month I will have discovered all the games nuances
07-19-2004 08:47 PM
lauramac Offline

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesBlazerTalk AwardNew Orleans BowlCrappiesDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

uhmump95 Wrote:The Rice fight song is Louie Louie right?  If it is the fight song, then the game does not have the correct fight song.
"Louie, Louie" is an unofficial fight song... there's a different one that's the official one. It's called... ummh... "Rice Fight Song". 03-wink

Here's an mp3 of the MOB playing it: <a href='http://mob.rice.edu/media/ricefight.mp3' target='_blank'>ricefight.mp3</a>

Last time OwlJacket bought an NCAA fu'bol game, they had pretty much everyone's fight song EXCEPT Rice's... they just slapped some makeshift fight song in there instead. We were NOT happy about that (although it was nice to see the Bucket on the rivalry game list).
07-20-2004 07:34 AM
Advertisement

uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

prettyricky,

I love your sig. That is an excellent pictures of Ms. Williams ASSets and tennis form ... Uh ... hum ... you know I am a fan of the game 03-wink

Laura,

I will have to play Rice again to see if that is the song that it is in the game. Right now I am inclined to say no, but I will have to listen more carefully next time I play Rice.

I played my first dynasty season and I lost to OU, Army, and USM. USM has a killer defense on the game and they went undefeated so I got the invite to the Independence bowl against UNLVl. Without the loss to Army it would have been a perfect season.
07-20-2004 08:38 AM
lauramac Offline

You whupped up on UNLV in the Indy Bowl, didn't you? 04-rock

Thanks for the efforts on checking out the Rice stuff for me. I really appreciate it! :)
07-20-2004 08:41 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

Yeah I whupped them after I restarted the game a couple of times. They had this WR who was killing me and their defense was pretty good too.

I played Rice and I do not think that they have the Rice song in the game.
07-21-2004 09:17 AM
lauramac Offline

Punk-a$$ slack lazy beeyatches. :mad: So we won't be buying that game... dammit, now I have to figure out something different to get OwlJacket for our anniversary.

Anyway, thanks for doing the research for me. At least now he won't have to wait to rent it at Blockbuster and be disappointed. :rolleyes:
07-21-2004 12:40 PM
Advertisement

JCBlazer1995 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB

Mr. Mumphries,

The Blazer's fight song is incorrect as well. I see we have you all for Homecoming this year. You coming back to Alabama for the game?

Gotta say you all really put it to us last year. I hope the result will be different this year.
07-25-2004 09:59 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

JCBlazer1995 Wrote:Mr. Mumphries,

The Blazer's fight song is incorrect as well.&nbsp; I see we have you all for Homecoming this year.&nbsp; You coming back to Alabama for the game?

Gotta say you all really put it to us last year.&nbsp; I hope the result will be different this year.
If my employer called me back to Birmingham for an assignment around that time than of course I would be there. Me and the Mrs. are trying to buy a house so unless the trip is mandatory, I probably won't be back in B-ham for this game.

How is your daughter doing (if this is the person I think it is)?

As for victory in B-ham, it will be tough!!!! You know the Coogs have NEVER EVER won a game on Bama soil. I hope this year we break the cycle of embarassment.

You know I am predicting UAB makes a bowl this year. I make that prediction every year. :D
07-25-2004 10:47 PM
JCBlazer1995 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UAB

Yeah, its me. I was using the Rivals board, but they have some Guys over there who are getting out of hand, so I have switched to UAB's board over here. I saw your moniker pop up and thought I would jump on your board and give you a shout. Taking a chance there were no other Houston guys names starting with "Mump".

My daughter is doing great. 4 Weeks old and she is the cutest thing. Taking her to the Baylor Game. How's things been going for you? God Luck this season. Looks like we both could have one of the more exciting QB's in the league. If we do not make it to a bowl this year, I hope the AD fires the head coach.

Gotta run. Talk to you later.
07-26-2004 09:51 PM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

JCBlazer1995 Wrote:If we do not make it to a bowl this year, I hope the AD fires the head coach.
You know the Blazers are my number two college team so I will be making occasional posts over there. I like Attalla and he runs a clean board.

Feel free to stop by anytime!!!
07-27-2004 02:57 PM
Advertisement

uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

I tell you its a kids world. I have been playing NCAA 2005 for a few weeks and my passing is getting better but it is still not good. My 9 year old son comes home and I decide to take it easy on him and play a mascot game. He picked Georgia and promptly smokes my a$$. I think his excellent passing has to do with how much better the mascot team was than the Coogs (Shasta is slow and not very tough maybe I should have made him be Rice). He then picks the regular UH team and plays a game and completed his first 5 passes. I may have to give up playing my own Xbox for fear that my son will embarass me.
08-06-2004 10:36 AM
lauramac Offline

uhmump95 Wrote:(Shasta is slow and not very tough maybe I should have made him be Rice).
05-nono

:laugh:

Seriously, though... MiniMump picked UGA and you let that fly? Tsk tsk. 03-wink
08-09-2004 09:06 AM
uhmump95 Offline
Race Pimp

Crappies

lauramac Wrote:Seriously, though... MiniMump picked UGA and you let that fly? Tsk tsk. 03-wink
I was only trying to help him out :bang:

He is a slick little SOB. I take him on in a regular game and he picks TCU because they beat Houston last year. Needless to say we get into a high scoring match with him winning by a touchdown. :bang:

I did beat the tar out of him with him playing Nebraska at Nebraska though. 04-rock
08-09-2004 10:35 AM
lauramac Offline

He turns around and picks TCU?? Cheeky fella... I hope you took away his beer. :D
08-09-2004 10:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.