Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No Tailgating in Villanova Parking Lots Prior to Football Games
Bookmark and Share
STO1982 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: JMU
What do we do? I have not missed an away game at Villanova for last 6+ years and know prior challenges we dealt with construction near their stadium. Duke Club is selling $10 tickets for local Gulliftys Bar. I am thinking Villanova is not going to assign an obscure lot like last year for JMU fans.
10-01-2018 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: No Tailgating in Villanova Parking Lots Prior to Football Games
Good conversation to start. Got a surprise free Saturday this fall & gonna head to this game. I know there's issues with tailgating, so what's the best place nearby to get some food/drinks?
10-01-2018 09:21 AM
BDKJMU Online
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
https://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/pub...ating.html
Have never seen a school ban tailgating for non season ticket holders. What a crock. I hope they lose at Maine.
10-01-2018 09:32 AM
JMUSteeler Offline
1st String

They pulled this crap on us in 2008, we parked and they converged on our car like we just robbed a bank to make sure we didn't pull anything out of the car to tailgate with. They're ridiculous, Villanofun. It's one of the few places I don't travel to.
10-01-2018 10:34 AM
jmu007 Offline
All American

Glad we have family close by. Just going to enjoy breakfast at their house then drive over.
10-01-2018 10:47 AM
Potomac Offline
Hall of Famer

I’ve been to a game at every caa stadium from VU and UD, all the way south to Elon. VU was hands down the worst facility and worst atmosphere. Their fans just don’t care and you couldn’t pay them to care.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2018 12:13 PM by Potomac.)
10-01-2018 12:12 PM
Advertisement

BSKB 24 Offline
All American

They said this the last time we went and we still tailgated. Albeit on a small scale. Didn't set up the tent or grill. Just out of the back of the truck. Just be sure to take a pee cup with you. There were no porta potties anywhere around.
10-01-2018 12:29 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
That’s ridiculously stupid.

Not only does the atmosphere and fan support suck, they are taking pro-active actions to make sure it remains stuck in suck.
Think I’ll go to Tigger-town game in Nov instead and skip Villinofun.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2018 01:25 PM by JMUDunk.)
10-02-2018 01:25 PM
Smokey 1 Offline
2nd String

(10-02-2018 01:25 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  That’s ridiculously stupid.

Not only does the atmosphere and fan support suck, they are taking pro-active actions to make sure it remains stuck in suck.
Think I’ll go to Tigger-town game in Nov instead and skip Villinofun.

The Towson game may mean more in the end anyway.
10-02-2018 01:37 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Drexel
(10-01-2018 12:12 PM)Potomac Wrote:  Their fans just don’t care and you couldn’t pay them to care.
That is reasonably true of even their basketball. That may have changed since they won a title, but unless it was a marquee big east game, their fans dont care and dont show. That is why they get away with a relatively small arena for home games. Big ones go to the Wachovia Center their home games sellout, sometimes. It all is part of the Philadelphia cares mainly about pro sports.
10-02-2018 02:30 PM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

(10-02-2018 02:30 PM)dan10 Wrote:  
(10-01-2018 12:12 PM)Potomac Wrote:  Their fans just don’t care and you couldn’t pay them to care.
That is reasonably true of even their basketball. That may have changed since they won a title, but unless it was a marquee big east game, their fans dont care and dont show. That is why they get away with a relatively small arena for home games. Big ones go to the Wachovia Center their home games sellout, sometimes. It all is part of the Philadelphia cares mainly about pro sports.

Exactly, the NE is general is much more into pro-sports.
10-02-2018 02:46 PM
Advertisement

Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
This is interesting...the number of Dukes at Richmond games causes issues and now Villanofun is saying no tailgating unless you are a season ticket holder. The only time this causes an issue is when the visiting team is called James Madison. Do you think Towson fans are converging in PA soberbia to tailgate, Elon, Rhody. Nope.

JMU 45
No fun Nova 17

Pathetic Wildcat fan support is a certainty
10-02-2018 03:25 PM
etiger1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Towson Universi
JMU Fans, this is a Towson Fan....We were able to tailgate at Nova in Lot S3. Our Associate AD called Nova and set up us using lot S3 Mendel Lot off of N. Spring Mill Road. It was a great place to tailgate. They charged us $20 per car. Left us alone and we had a great tailgate
10-02-2018 03:26 PM
Purplehazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison Dukes
(10-02-2018 03:26 PM)etiger1 Wrote:  JMU Fans, this is a Towson Fan....We were able to tailgate at Nova in Lot S3. Our Associate AD called Nova and set up us using lot S3 Mendel Lot off of N. Spring Mill Road. It was a great place to tailgate. They charged us $20 per car. Left us alone and we had a great tailgate

I stand corrected, Towson fans do take over PA soberbia.
10-02-2018 03:39 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-02-2018 03:39 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  
(10-02-2018 03:26 PM)etiger1 Wrote:  JMU Fans, this is a Towson Fan....We were able to tailgate at Nova in Lot S3. Our Associate AD called Nova and set up us using lot S3 Mendel Lot off of N. Spring Mill Road. It was a great place to tailgate. They charged us $20 per car. Left us alone and we had a great tailgate

Wouldn't it be odd to go to a away game and the visitors are the only tailgaters? I'm guessing they wear plaid shirts and a hat displaying St. Andrews golf course as well.
10-02-2018 03:50 PM
PurpleStreamers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dukes
(10-02-2018 03:50 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(10-02-2018 03:39 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  

Wouldn't it be odd to go to a away game and the visitors are the only tailgaters? I'm guessing they wear plaid shirts and a hat displaying St. Andrews golf course as well.

It's always odd like this at Villanova. One time our tailgate was chased out by their version of Campus Cadets (which their students' mockingly call "Pubic Safety" which is solid). VU is constantly battling Radnor township about partying and I guess they figure they'll just save all their fight for hoops season. The University sometimes does a big "field party" of their own (like a bigger version of DC Hospitality Tent), but they've always been anti-tailgating.

Towson, on the other hand, brings all of its stakeholders' years and years of Preakness infield experience to the tailgate team and "outside" the stadium is basically anything goes. In the stadium is a whole different ballgame, and quite a few of us can tell you from years past.
10-02-2018 04:28 PM
Advertisement

etiger1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Towson Universi
JMU Fans, I was trying to let you all know that it is possible for the visitors to tailgate and have a good time. I was not trying to cause any issues. I just wanted you all to know that it is possible to tailgate at Nova if you can get some support. Our Associate AD for Development called Nova and talked with one of their AD's. Set up Towson fans using lot S3 - Mendel Lot. This lot has roughly 65 spots. We filled it up, set up our tents and grills and bars and had a great party. It is a really good lot to tailgate. Hope you can get some support from your Athletic Department to set this up for you.
10-02-2018 04:39 PM
Pitz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Dukes.
Thanks for the info, etiger! I hope we can get this same thing set up as well. I'm traveling for the game and have a group of 6+ people looking to enjoy a good tailgate before the game.
10-02-2018 06:13 PM
EvanJ Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hofstra and FSU
(10-02-2018 02:30 PM)dan10 Wrote:  
In 2017-2018, Villanova was 30th out of 351 in Men's Basketball attendance. In 2016-2017 they were 44th.
10-02-2018 06:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BDKJMU Online
Heisman

(10-02-2018 03:25 PM)Purplehazed Wrote:  This is interesting...the number of Dukes at Richmond games causes issues and now Villanofun is saying no tailgating unless you are a season ticket holder. The only time this causes an issue is when the visiting team is called James Madison. Do you think Towson fans are converging in PA soberbia to tailgate, Elon, Rhody. Nope.

JMU 45
No fun Nova 17

Pathetic Wildcat fan support is a certainty

It is a much bigger issue when the visitong team is UD than when it is JMU..
10-02-2018 11:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.